TSW Mock Draft 3.0 - 4 Rounds - Complete!!!

Virgil

Just now, whatdrought said:

I agree to an extent. I want a Defensive playmaker with one of those picks. 

Yeah, I just think that within our first two picks were going to draft the eventual replacement for a DE, OL, Milano, Norman/Wallace or Hyde

4 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I agree to an extent. I want a Defensive playmaker with one of those picks. 

I could see both picks being on D to start. There is talent to be had on day 3 at WR and RB. People's heads would explode here, but it is what it is. In my not quite finalized mock we come away with Cam Dantzler and Zack Moss. For now anyway.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, section122 said:

Ill do my write up later after the kids are in bed but in the interest of moving this along:

The New England Patriots select Jake Fromm, qb, uga.

@qwksilver and the saints are on the clock.

Maybe BB will put him on the same “vitamin” regimen that Brady was on. 

45 minutes ago, section122 said:

Ill do my write up later after the kids are in bed but in the interest of moving this along:

The New England Patriots select Jake Fromm, qb, uga.

@qwksilver and the saints are on the clock.

I want to draft all the QB’s one spot in front of NE

2 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I want to draft all the QB’s one spot in front of NE

I didn't think he was even a consideration then last night I realized it was.  I hate that I'm a big enough nerd that I got nervous he wouldn't be there lol.

1 minute ago, section122 said:

I didn't think he was even a consideration then last night I realized it was.  I hate that I'm a big enough nerd that I got nervous he wouldn't be there lol.

That's the fun in it. My wife thinks I am nuts studying the draft and getting upset when guys are getting scooped up in this mock draft. 

We were 13-3 last year. This team does not have many holes/needs, which is a good thing as we only have 5 picks this year. We love our 1st round pick and we feel this is good value here at the end of the 3rd round.

The Saints select AJ Dillion, RB, Boston College.

RB is not a huge need this year, but he can learn the pro game for a year while we figure out what to do with Kamara. Plus, we have an out with Murray after 2020 because he is on the wrong side of 30.

It was rumored that we would have taken Fromm here. Plus, we were not in love with the CB, WR, or S value here.

So @bkep32 is now on the clock

@Virgil

Edited by qwksilver

with the 89th pick in the 2020 NFL draft the Minnesota Vikings select  Netane Muti - G Fresno St

GM - We really need to keep cousins up right this year.  He had a lot of pressures and we hope this can give us some depth at the guard postion and maybe a starting RG in the future.

@Might Rather and the Texans are on the clock

• Like (+1) 2

With the 90th pick in the 2020 NFL Draft the Houston Texans select Matt Hennessy, IOL, Temple 

We got our two biggest needs with our first two picks.  

Matt Hennessy started at center over the last three seasons at Temple, earning a prestigious single-digit practice jersey that Temple gives to the toughest players on the team.  

The Raiders and @Logic have traded the 91st (136pts) pick to the Broncos for the 95th (120pts) and 178th pick (19pts). 

With the 91st pick in the 2020 NFL Draft, the Denver Broncos select Van Jefferson, WR, Florida. 

We jumped up just a bit to ensure we could get this guy because we feel he is the perfect last piece to our WR room. The size and ball skills of Sutton, the speed of Ruggs, and now the shiftiness/underneath seperation of Jefferson. Hamilton and Patrick round out the room nicely with Fant as a dominant presence at TE and Gordon, Lindsey, and Freeman working out of the backfield. With our improved line and these playmakers (plus some nice additions on a Defense that really rounded out down the stretch under Fangio and will continue to improve) we are confident that Lock will build off what was a really quietly impressive rookie year. We plan on contending this year and we're confident we have what we need to run with the champs. 

Ravens and @MrEpsYtown are on the clock.

• Thank you (+1) 1

The Ravens have gone all defense so far, but finally switch to offense and get what they believe could be the steal of the draft. 

With the 92nd pick in the 2020 draft, the Baltimore Ravens select Adam Trautman, TE, Dayton. 

6-5, 255, long wingspan. I have not seen this guy play aside from the Senior Bowl and highlights, but the more I study, the more I really think this guy could be something special. His background story is a bit Josh Allen and bit Dawson Knox. He played quarterback in high school, was really skinny, was offered a preferred walk on spot with Michigan State, but Dayton really wanted him and he felt wanted there, so he went there. He decided it might make sense to switch to tight end so that he can showcase his athleticism. Anyway, long story short he got on the Ravens and the Colts radar as a junior and has worked himself into an interesting prospect at tight end. He is not super fast straight line, but his 3 cone time was the 5th best from a tight end since 2006, so his short area quickness is elite. He played at a lower level of competition, but he dominated there with 23 touchdowns the last two years. When you watch his highlights, you see a ton of contested catches, and I don't care what level a guy plays on, that is a skill that translates. I think he will need a little time to adjust to the pro game, but the Ravens have Mark Andrews and Nick Boyle (who is more of a blocker) so he can have some time while giving the Ravens some juice on offense, especially in the red zone.  With the trade of Hayden Hurst, it makes sense for the Ravens to grab a replacement and is one of the BPAs at this point.

The Jests and @MAJBobby are now on the clock. 

@Virgil

• Like (+1) 2