TSW Mock Draft 3.0 - 4 Rounds - Complete!!!

Virgil

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

With the 43rd pick in the 2020 NFL draft, the Chicago Bears Draft:   Jacob Eason, QB, Washington Huskies.  

Knowing neither Trubisky or Foles is a long term answer, the Bears look for a young big armed QB to develop who can make all the throws in that Chicago wind.  Plan is to let Foles and Trubisky battle it out to start 2020 and leave Eason on the bench for the season to get ready to compete for the starting job in 2021.

We spoke with GM Alphadawg today via phone after this pick and he said, “We like what we have seen from Eason.  He has that big arm and can make all the throws, plus he is an accurate passer.  We know he’s a little more raw right now, and we also know Trubisky sucks and Foles isn’t much better.  So we are excited to finally add some upside and talent to our list QB room and hopefully stop wasting all this damn money we paid Mack because our offense sucks every week.”

@Philo and the Colts are on the clock

Seems at least round early.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I wish your father the best. He will be in my prayers.  I know what you are going through. I just received a phone call from my brother that my other brother has cancer located in the knee area. I'm very distraught over it. 

I'm sorry to hear that John. I haven't slept good all week and don't have much of an appetite (I'm eating, but meh). If he makes it out of it, the recovery road is going to be very long and tough. His lungs and heart are taking a beating from this damn thing. He went from being in a hospital bed on Monday morning showing no respiratory issues to being placed on a vent the next morning. This virus is nasty as hell

54 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

I'm sorry to hear that John. I haven't slept good all week and don't have much of an appetite (I'm eating, but meh). If he makes it out of it, the recovery road is going to be very long and tough. His lungs and heart are taking a beating from this damn thing. He went from being in a hospital bed on Monday morning showing no respiratory issues to being placed on a vent the next morning. This virus is nasty as hell

I appreciate your thoughts. As like what you are experiencing it is an unsettling thing to go through.

This coronavirus pandemic is horrific. I get really upset with the segment of the media (Fox) who downplay it and don't treat it with the seriousness it warrants. Those people who gather to demonstrate to open things up before the situation is acceptably remediated are doing a disservice not only to themselves but to others. 

Edited by JohnC
  • Like (+1) 1

With the 44th pick in the 2020 NFL Draft the Indianapolis Colts select Cole Kmet, TE, Notre Dame. 

Value meets need here. We were hoping for the continued slide of Higgins, but alas will look for WR in a later round. Also quite disappointed to see Eason go a pick before us. While we would not have taken him here we were willing to move up a few spots in the 3rd to get him if he was still there. Anyway, this offense needs more talented receivers and Rivers does like his TEs. Kmet and Doyle will be a formidable pair over the middle and help open up Hilton on the outside.

@GunnerBill and the Tamp Bay Brady's are on the clock.

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

The Bucs take Jonathan Taylor, RB, Wisconsin

The Broncos @whatdroughtis on the clock

Thanks Virgil. I am still up. 

Basically Taylor is both the best player on my board and fills a huge need here. I had both him and Swift as possible for this pick. To see them both still on the board here was a dream. I have been ready since pick #28 to move up if one of them went.  Some doubt Taylor's receiving abilities but I don't and he is definitely the best pure runner in the class. My two most immediate roster holes filled with my first two picks without reaching down the board. 

• Like (+1) 3

With the 46th pick in the 2020 NFL Draft, the Denver Broncos select, Lloyd Cushenberry, C, LSU 

It's all about Lock. We added Glasgow in the offseason, Risner is a stud, plug Cush in the middle, let Boles see if he can recapture his late season surge, Juwan James on the right. It's a good line. 

Falcons and @NewEra are on the clock. 

Edited by whatdrought

3 minutes ago, TPS said:

Someone should've leaked the drug rumors earlier...

They were already out, we had a thread about him previously. (Becton was new to me) Allegedly, Baun just drank too much water in attempt to weigh in higher, which made his urine test give off the diluted result- which means that they couldn't determine if he was using due to there being too much water in his system.

• Like (+1) 1

The Atlanta falcons select Georgia RB, D’Andre Swift

There aren’t any edge rushers I deem worthy of this pick.  I’d prefer a trade down, but would rather speed this up for everyone. 

Neville Gallimore would’ve been the pick if the Georgia RB wasn’t on the board.  

The pairing of former bulldog RBs will hopefully put some falcon fans in those seats.  As it currently stands, I feel the falcons may have the worst home field advantage in the league

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

The Atlanta falcons select Georgia RB, D’Andre Swift

There aren’t any edge rushers I deem worthy of this pick.  I’d prefer a trade down, but would rather speed this up for everyone. 

Neville Gallimore would’ve been the pick if the Georgia RB wasn’t on the board.  

The pairing of former bulldog RBs will hopefully put some falcon fans in those seats.  As it currently stands, I feel the falcons may have the worst home field advantage in the league

That’s a sneaky good pick. They need to do something to take advantage of Ryan’s remaining time. 

4 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

That’s a sneaky good pick. They need to do something to take advantage of Ryan’s remaining time. 

Thanks.  I wasn’t expecting to take a RB here, but I knew the pass rushers were meh in this slot.  He was my 2nd BPA. CEH is my 1, but the Georgia kid had to be the pick due to fit.  

Was hoping Baun fell, but didn’t expect him too.  Was too lazy to attempt to trade up for him.

The OL is pretty much under contract for a bit.  The safety’s are solid.  Almost went with another Lb but he might be there rd 3 if we have 1.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Thanks.  I wasn’t expecting to take a RB here, but I knew the pass rushers were meh in this slot.  He was my 2nd BPA. CEH is my 1, but the Georgia kid had to be the pick due to fit.  

Was hoping Baun fell, but didn’t expect him too.  Was too lazy to attempt to trade up for him.

The OL is pretty much under contract for a bit.  The safety’s are solid.  Almost went with another Lb but he might be there rd 3 if we have 1.

Terrell Lewis is probably the only Edge worth that pick, but I think he’s got too many question marks. Swift is a good pick.

That team just feels directionless to me. Not sure keeping Quinn was a good idea.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

Sorry fellas, my old man has Covid and isn't doing too well at all. He is thankfully stable for now, but i have been on video conference calls with his Dr.s and my sisters too many times each night to count and making sure my mom is ok from exposure to him and such. Everything has happened so quick. I lost sight of all of this - please accept my apologies.

I hope your pops gets better soon. Best wishes to you and your family. ❤

4 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Terrell Lewis is probably the only Edge worth that pick, but I think he’s got too many question marks. Swift is a good pick.

That team just feels directionless to me. Not sure keeping Quinn was a good idea.

My honest view on keeping Quinn? They knew their roster and their cap was a total mess and 2020 is probably a lost season. No point bringing a new coach into that. Unless he somehow wins 9 or 10 games Quinn will be gone after the season and there will be a few more options on the table for a new guy. 

• Like (+1) 1