TSW Mock Draft 3.0 - 4 Rounds - Complete!!!

Virgil

6 minutes ago, Watkins101 said:

With the 39th overall pick in the 2020 NFL draft, the San Francisco 49ers select Tyler Biadasz, IOL, Wisconsin.

We lost our starting Right Guard from last year, and we believe Biadasz can come in and compete for that position. He fills a need, is one of the best players available, and has a top 5 name in the draft. 

@Might Rather and the Houston Texans are on the clock.

The 49ers issue a public statement at the mods who snatched Diggs away from their clutches.

Its a nice pick and I think he will do really well in the Shannahan zone running system. I do think he’s better at center and may get exposed in pass protection if he has to block elite pass rushing tackles one on one out at guard. Center is just so natural for him. But I love this player and was eyeing him for later in the round. Good stuff!

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Best wishes Reed. Been through it with my mum and done the video calls with Drs and all of it. It is tough. Hoping for the best. 

thanks man - it tough being in LA and having them back in Utica (like 2300 miles). Dad's Dr said the area is unprepared for it, he is really concerned. They have about 15 patients in ICU (my dad is one) and they devoted a whole floor as of yesterday dedicated to people who most likely have it, but are waiting for tests to come back. I have heard some horror stories from him from around that are in his general talks with us. Within 24 hours my dad went from feeling fine to the ICU with a Vent helping him breathe. This Sjit is nasty.

I hope your mum is ok!

8 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Sorry fellas, my old man has Covid and isn't doing too well at all. He is thankfully stable for now, but i have been on video conference calls with his Dr.s and my sisters too many times each night to count and making sure my mom is ok from exposure to him and such. Everything has happened so quick. I lost sight of all of this - please accept my apologies.

I knew something was up.  I made a comment in our group chat that I was actually a little worried about you.  I'm sorry to hear that's the reason why

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Sorry fellas, my old man has Covid and isn't doing too well at all. He is thankfully stable for now, but i have been on video conference calls with his Dr.s and my sisters too many times each night to count and making sure my mom is ok from exposure to him and such. Everything has happened so quick. I lost sight of all of this - please accept my apologies.

you dont need to apologize. praying for your dad. 

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

thanks man - it tough being in LA and having them back in Utica (like 2300 miles). Dad's Dr said the area is unprepared for it, he is really concerned. They have about 15 patients in ICU (my dad is one) and they devoted a whole floor as of yesterday dedicated to people who most likely have it, but are waiting for tests to come back. I have heard some horror stories from him from around that are in his general talks with us. Within 24 hours my dad went from feeling fine to the ICU with a Vent helping him breathe. This Sjit is nasty.

I hope your mum is ok!

My mum was in France when she got it so I completely understand. She spent 3 days at her worst on a ventilator on life support. But she came through it and is home and recuperating now. Fingers crossed for you. 

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Really sorry to hear that.  Hang in there--thoughts and prayers.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

I'm sorry to hear that about your dad. I'll keep my fingers crossed for him to make a full recovery.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

No need man, things are all smooth here. Glad to hear he's on the mend! My cousin is just getting back to himself as well after a hospital scare with it. Prayers for you and yours.

• Like (+1) 1

With the 40th pick in the 2020 NFL Draft the Houston Texans select Marlon Davidson, DL, Auburn 

We were hoping for Biadasz from Wisconsin who was take one pick earlier. Davidson is now the highest rated player on our board and at a position of need. He will pair well with J.J. Watt and make a fearsome D line. Davidson's ability to play multiple positions makes this pick intriguing.

His quick first step, heavy hands, effort, physicality and low pads translate nicely to a three-technique role in a 4-3 front but he’s versatile enough to execute in multiple spots.

The San Francisco 49ers @Watkins101 are on the clock

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Reed83HOF said:

So sorry to hear that Reed. Prayers for you and the fam!

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Might Rather said:

With the 40th pick in the 2020 NFL Draft the Houston Texans select Marlon Davidson, DL, Auburn 

We were hoping for Biadasz from Wisconsin who was take one pick earlier. Davidson is now the highest rated player on our board and at a position of need. He will pair well with J.J. Watt and make a fearsome D line. Davidson's ability to play multiple positions makes this pick intriguing.

Well, I guess either way I played it, I wouldn't have gotten both Biadasz and Davidson. He would have been my next pick.

With the 41st overall pick, the 49ers select Justin Madibuike, DL, Texas A&M. 

There were better players available at running back and wide receiver, but being very, very deep at Rb, and already taking a Wr in round one discouraged taking either of those positions so high. We went with Justin Madibuike to help mitigate some of the damage of losing Deforest Buckner. At this point in the draft, there is a lot of inconsistency around player values. Madibuike tends to be around 40, so this pick fills a need, and is reasonable value. 

@aristocrat and the Jaguars are on the clock. 

Side note: Aristocrat and the Jaguars sounds like a girl-band name to me.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Watkins101 said:

Aristocrat and the Jaguars sounds like a girl-band name to me.

Close enough...

Just now, aristocrat said:

Some talent on the board the jags really like. Their choice of the first rb off the board and you know doug loves a good rb. 

Run him til he pukes!

49 minutes ago, Might Rather said:

That seems high for Biadasz from what I've seen, but I like the player. Can't go wrong with a Wisconsin lineman. 

The jaguars will continue to rebuild their defense and go with Safety Antoine Winfield Minnesota.  The Jaguars think they can get a rb in the fourth round. 

Jags have added andy dalton, javon klinlaw dt, jeff gladney cb, and antoine winfield.  Jaguars will be looking to win the division.

@Alphadawg7 and the Bears are on the clock.

With the 43rd pick in the 2020 NFL draft, the Chicago Bears Draft:   Jacob Eason, QB, Washington Huskies.  

Knowing neither Trubisky or Foles is a long term answer, the Bears look for a young big armed QB to develop who can make all the throws in that Chicago wind.  Plan is to let Foles and Trubisky battle it out to start 2020 and leave Eason on the bench for the season to get ready to compete for the starting job in 2021.

We spoke with GM Alphadawg today via phone after this pick and he said, “We like what we have seen from Eason.  He has that big arm and can make all the throws, plus he is an accurate passer.  We know he’s a little more raw right now, and we also know Trubisky sucks and Foles isn’t much better.  So we are excited to finally add some upside and talent to our list QB room and hopefully stop wasting all this damn money we paid Mack because our offense sucks every week.”

@Philo and the Colts are on the clock

Edited by Alphadawg7

38 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

With the 43rd pick in the 2020 NFL draft, the Chicago Bears Draft:   Jacob Eason, QB, Washington Huskies.  

Knowing neither Trubisky or Foles is a long term answer, the Bears look for a young big armed QB to develop who can make all the throws in that Chicago wind.  Plan is to let Foles and Trubisky battle it out to start 2020 and leave Eason on the bench for the season to get ready to compete for the starting job in 2021.

We spoke with GM Alphadawg today via phone after this pick and he said, “We like what we have seen from Eason.  He has that big arm and can make all the throws, plus he is an accurate passer.  We know he’s a little more raw right now, and we also know Trubisky sucks and Foles isn’t much better.  So we are excited to finally add some upside and talent to our list QB room and hopefully stop wasting all this damn money we paid Mack because our offense sucks every week.”

@Philo and the Colts are on the clock

I agree about Trubisky and Foles not being the answer, I still think I'd be surprised if they went QB early

@Philohas until 9:03p est to make the Colts pick

Edited by Virgil

2 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

I wish your father the best. He will be in my prayers.  I know what you are going through. I just received a phone call from my brother that my other brother has cancer located in the knee area. I'm very distraught over it. 

• Sad 2