TSW Mock Draft 3.0 - 4 Rounds - Complete!!!

Virgil

3 minutes ago, TPS said:

This was a tough choice for the Chargers.  We were looking seriously at Higgins, or hoping Ruiz would fall, so it made it much easier....

With the 37th pick in the 2020 NFL Draft, the LA/SD Chargers select Zack Baun, Edge/LB Wisconsin.

With both Bosa and Ingram UFA next year, the Chargers select Baun as Ingram's replacement (won't pay them both, and Ingram turns 31 this month).  Baun also adds some athletic versatility to move between Edge and LB this year as he's being groomed to start next year.  

Since we gave up our R3 pick, all in all, the Chargers feel good about their draft.  Rivers' replacement, a solid LT prospect, and a highly productive addition to the front 7.

@Reed83HOF and the Panthers are on the clock.

Good pick, though I thought you'd go with Swift to give Ekeler a break.

3 minutes ago, TPS said:

This was a tough choice for the Chargers.  We were looking seriously at Higgins, or hoping Ruiz would fall, so it made it much easier....

With the 37th pick in the 2020 NFL Draft, the LA/SD Chargers select Zack Baun, Edge/LB Wisconsin.

With both Bosa and Ingram UFA next year, the Chargers select Baun as Ingram's replacement (won't pay them both, and Ingram turns 31 this month).  Baun also adds some athletic versatility to move between Edge and LB this year as he's being groomed to start next year.  

Since we gave up our R3 pick, all in all, the Chargers feel good about their draft.  Rivers' replacement, a solid LT prospect, and a highly productive addition to the front 7.

Unexpected, but a pretty good pick. Good teams take good players when they fall, even if they're not the biggest need. 

Rumor on the street is that the Bills were interested in getting up to get Baun if his fall continued. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Good pick, though I thought you'd go with Swift to give Ekeler a break.

I really wanted to pick Swift, but then I read a bit more about the other guy on their roster, Justin Jackson.  Look out for this guy...

I wanted Higgins because it would've fit my overall theme of getting a #1 QB, protecting him, and giving him a really, really good stable of receivers to throw to.  I also thought seriously about Chinn, because they need a "big nickel" guy for their two meetings with Chiefs....

2 minutes ago, TPS said:

I really wanted to pick Swift, but then I read a bit more about the other guy on their roster, Justin Jackson.  Look out for this guy...

I wanted Higgins because it would've fit my overall theme of getting a #1 QB, protecting him, and giving him a really, really good stable of receivers to throw to.  I also thought seriously about Chinn, because they need a "big nickel" guy for their two meetings with Chiefs....

Getting after Mahomes is a good choice though. Plus, it's not like Baun isn't going to play in year one. He'll rotate and help the entire pass rush because of it. 

3 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Getting after Mahomes is a good choice though. Plus, it's not like Baun isn't going to play in year one. He'll rotate and help the entire pass rush because of it. 

Right, I would  see him as a Lorax type player for them, because he's athletic enough to drop into coverage too.

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, TPS said:

There are a few Bills fans who aren't a fan of you right now

With the 39th overall pick in the 2020 NFL draft, the San Francisco 49ers select Tyler Biadasz, IOL, Wisconsin.

We lost our starting Right Guard from last year, and we believe Biadasz can come in and compete for that position. He fills a need, is one of the best players available, and has a top 5 name in the draft. 

@Might Rather and the Houston Texans are on the clock.

The 49ers issue a public statement of frustration at the mods who snatched Diggs away from their clutches.

Edited by Watkins101
Formatting

25 minutes ago, Virgil said:

The Carolina Panthers select Trevon Diggs, DB, Alabama

The San Francisco 49ers @Watkins101 are on the clock

Sorry fellas, my old man has Covid and isn't doing too well at all. He is thankfully stable for now, but i have been on video conference calls with his Dr.s and my sisters too many times each night to count and making sure my mom is ok from exposure to him and such. Everything has happened so quick. I lost sight of all of this - please accept my apologies.

• Sad 3

Just now, Reed83HOF said:

Sorry fellas, my old man has Covid and isn't doing too well at all. He is thankfully stable for now, but i have been on video conference calls with his Dr.s and my sisters too many times each night to count and making sure my mom is ok from exposure to him and such. Everything has happened so quick. I lost sight of all of this - please accept my apologies.

Best wishes Reed. Been through it with my mum and done the video calls with Drs and all of it. It is tough. Hoping for the best. 

• Like (+1) 2