TSW Mock Draft 3.0 - 4 Rounds - Complete!!!

Virgil

4 hours ago, NewEra said:

You’re stupid.  You meant to throw a wrench in it. That’s why you asked for the skins.  I find you repulsive 

Dwayne Haskins is in my mind not a good NFL QB and if he is he can be traded for multiple picks. Tua in crimson and yellow makes a lot of sense. Arizona dumped Rosen for Murray and it worked out great for them. Tua was in the conversation to go #1 overall before he got hurt. Tua > Haskins and it’s not even close. There’ll be plenty of opportunities to find a DE in the 3rd round or later. At least the Redskins walk away with a damn good QB, someone who can play at a Pro Bowl level for the next decade. Haskins isn’t the guy. Guess we can share a small rivalry over this one but I think you’re wrong if you think Haskins is the guy in Washington.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

Dwayne Haskins is in my mind not a good NFL QB and if he is he can be traded for multiple picks. Tua in crimson and yellow makes a lot of sense. Arizona dumped Rosen for Murray and it worked out great for them. Tua was in the conversation to go #1 overall before he got hurt. Tua > Haskins and it’s not even close. There’ll be plenty of opportunities to find a DE in the 3rd round or later. At least the Redskins walk away with a damn good QB, someone who can play at a Pro Bowl level for the next decade. Haskins isn’t the guy. Guess we can share a small rivalry over this one but I think you’re wrong if you think Haskins is the guy in Washington.

So the way I see it the 'Skins can't lose. I also don't think Haskins is gonna make it based on how he played last year. So if you take Tua you get an upgrade, no question. If you don't you take a generational pass rusher who if Haskins continues to be useless is not going to win you games to take you out of draft position because the offense is seriously talent deficient and you are in Lawrence / Fields territory in 2021. The only way I can see for the Redskins to lose is if they start 0-5 or something and are silly enough to bench Haskins. Either he takes a big step and you might have your guy or he sucks and you ride him to a top 2 pick again in 2021. 

So I don't hate either strategy. Young or Tua. The Redskins can't lose. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

So the way I see it the 'Skins can't lose. I also don't think Haskins is gonna make it based on how he played last year. So if you take Tua you get an upgrade, no question. If you don't you take a generational pass rusher who if Haskins continues to be useless is not going to win you games to take you out of draft position because the offense is seriously talent deficient and you are in Lawrence / Fields territory in 2021. The only way I can see for the Redskins to lose is if they start 0-5 or something and are silly enough to bench Haskins. Either he takes a big step and you might have your guy or he sucks and you ride him to a top 2 pick again in 2021. 

So I don't hate either strategy. Young or Tua. The Redskins can't lose. 

Also, I look at the gap of talent at position.

Would you rather get Tua and probably a solid pass rusher with your early 2nd round pick

or

Haskins, Young, and another flier QB later on.

Again, IF Tua is cleared, option one makes way more sense long term

@GunnerBill I’m curious to know: if you were the Raiders and had your pick of the WRs, who would you take? I nearly went with Jeudy due to route running prowess and it’s importance in the WCO, but ultimately felt that he may be best in the slot, where Raiders already have Renfrow. 

20 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

Thanks for ruining the draft for everyone.  ✌️Thursday can’t come soon enough 

• Haha (+1) 1

I am not sure from where NewEra's sentiment derives but if I were at #2 and only had Dwayne Haskins to lean on I would draft Tua 10 times out of 10, if his medicals actually checked out.  this is a QB driven league and it is my opinion one must grab a franchise QB if you have the chance.  A team doesn't draft top 5 that often so I think  you have to go for it.  

I am enjoying this exercise and do not find it ruined.

31 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

No, I think Haskins is a long shot to be a long term starter. 

I also think Tua is a long shot to be a pro bowl player for the next decade.  

I’ve long been a believer in drafting players that aren’t considered injury prone.  More often than not, those players remain injury prone from my recollection.  5 surgeries in college for Tua iirc?  I played competitive sports for 25 years and never had one surgery due to injury.

It’s definitely a trait I avoid more than most

27 minutes ago, Logic said:

@GunnerBill I’m curious to know: if you were the Raiders and had your pick of the WRs, who would you take? I nearly went with Jeudy due to route running prowess and it’s importance in the WCO, but ultimately felt that he may be best in the slot, where Raiders already have Renfrow. 

Nah I'd take Jeudy. They want an outside route runner. That is why they traded for Antonio Brown. I think Jeudy as a route runner is as close to AB as anyone coming out of college can possibly be. 

I think Lamb is really good too. But Gruden is running a 1998 WCO. I'd go Jeudy to fit that. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, NewEra said:

No, I think Haskins is a long shot to be a long term starter. 

I also think Tua is a long shot to be a pro bowl player for the next decade.  

I’ve long been a believer in drafting players that aren’t considered injury prone.  More often than not, those players remain injury prone from my recollection.  5 surgeries in college for Tua iirc?  I played competitive sports for 25 years and never had one surgery due to injury.

It’s definitely a trait I avoid more than most

It’ll be really interesting to say the least. It’s an angle that’s not talked about much but one I could see possibly happening. I like Tua, injuries are a concern but I think if he can stay healthy, he’ll be a good one.

10 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

As the Redskins previous owner, I took the can't miss prospect in Young. There are guys like Winston and Cam available on the open market if you really don't like what you see out of Haskins. 

It'll be interesting to me to see if Cam ever gets a call from Rivera.  That would say a lot about the behind-the-scenes stuff in Carolina from the past

Just now, Virgil said:

It'll be interesting to me to see if Cam ever gets a call from Rivera.  That would say a lot about the behind-the-scenes stuff in Carolina from the past

Even if it wasn't great, he's a known and familiar entity at the most important position. It all depends on what they think of Haskins and how healthy Cam is after all the time off. I could definitely see a 1 year prove it deal. I think Winston is more likely than Cam in Washington though.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Even if it wasn't great, he's a known and familiar entity at the most important position. It all depends on what they think of Haskins and how healthy Cam is after all the time off. I could definitely see a 1 year prove it deal. I think Winston is more likely than Cam in Washington though.

They should either take Take Tua or pick Young and Tank for Trevor. 

Middling it is the only way to blow this. 

• Like (+1) 2