TSW Mock Draft 3.0 - 4 Rounds - Complete!!!

Virgil

40 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

With the 2nd pick in the 2020 NFL Draft the Washington Redskins select Tua Tagovailoa, QB, Alabama

I don’t mean to throw a wrench in this mock draft but the Redskins are absolutely stupid if they don’t go QB here. Chase Young is a ridiculous prospect but I just don’t think that Dwayne Haskins is the guy. I didn’t like him coming out and I still don’t feel any better about him after last year. The injury concerns surrounding Tua is just noise. I saw his pro day and he looked pretty darn healthy to me. You don’t pass on a Russell Wilson type prospect for a DE. I’m borrowing a page from the Arizona Cardinals and taking the elite QB prospect and putting Dwayne Haskins on the trading block.

@frostbitmic You are on the clock, sir.

Love this pick.  When you can get a potential franchise QB for the next decade plus.... you take him. 

If Washington had any sense, this is what they would do in real life. 

• Like (+1) 1

With the 5th pick in the NFL Draft the Miami Dolphins select Jordan Love, QB, Utah State.

Love recently moved to the number 2 QB on our board. After seeing Patrick Mahomes first 2 years, the Dolphins couldn’t pass on the talent and risk him not getting to 18. 

@TPS and the Los Angeles Chargers are on the clock. 

16 minutes ago, TPS said:

Again, Chargers entertaining all trade offers....

If I’m reading the rules correctly since the LAC have a pick worth 1600 points they’d need to get a value of 1760 back to have the trade approved.  Is that correct?

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

With the 5th pick in the NFL Draft the Miami Dolphins select Jordan Love, QB, Utah State.

Love recently moved to the number 2 QB on our board. After seeing Patrick Mahomes first 2 years, the Dolphins couldn’t pass on the talent and risk him not getting to 18. 

@TPS and the Los Angeles Chargers are on the clock. 

Looks like I did better than Kirby already.  ?

not bad for ruining the draft.  

and then the guy that says I ruined the draft takes Tua #2.  HAHAHAHAHAHA.

2 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

With the 2nd pick in the 2020 NFL Draft the Washington Redskins select Tua Tagovailoa, QB, Alabama

I don’t mean to throw a wrench in this mock draft but the Redskins are absolutely stupid if they don’t go QB here. Chase Young is a ridiculous prospect but I just don’t think that Dwayne Haskins is the guy. I didn’t like him coming out and I still don’t feel any better about him after last year. The injury concerns surrounding Tua is just noise. I saw his pro day and he looked pretty darn healthy to me. You don’t pass on a Russell Wilson type prospect for a DE. I’m borrowing a page from the Arizona Cardinals and taking the elite QB prospect and putting Dwayne Haskins on the trading block.

@frostbitmic You are on the clock, sir.

You’re stupid.  You meant to throw a wrench in it. That’s why you asked for the skins.  I find you repulsive 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

If I’m reading the rules correctly since the LAC have a pick worth 1600 points they’d need to get a value of 1760 back to have the trade approved.  Is that correct?

@Virgil grateful for clarification..... that is not how I was reading. I was reading as if I am coming up I need to give the difference between the picks I am swapping plus 10%?  But @BarleyNY sounds more realistic. 

Also can we trade next year's assets? Or am I limited to trading assets from this draft. 

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

@Virgil grateful for clarification..... that is not how I was reading. I was reading as if I am coming up I need to give the difference between the picks I am swapping plus 10%?  But @BarleyNY sounds more realistic. 

Also can we trade next year's assets? Or am I limited to trading assets from this draft. 

I read it the same way as Barley. Paying a premium to move up.

If not, I wasted half an hour this morning doing maths ?

you guys are correct, that is how its done.  Team moving up has to give 10% more then the current value.  So if pick is worth 1000 points you have to give an additional 10%.  1000 x 10%= 100.   1000 + 100 =1100.  Team moving up has to at least give 1100 in value to move up.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Looks like I did better than Kirby already.  ?

not bad for ruining the draft.  

and then the guy that says I ruined the draft takes Tua #2.  HAHAHAHAHAHA.

I just don’t think Herbert is good. I believe he’s a guy that the media is higher on than teams. He’s this year’s Rosen IMO. I would have taken Tua and made a big offer to get to 1 (that’s why I wanted Miami). I also thought about not taking a QB and saying that Miami signed Cam but that would REALLY have ruined the draft. I’m convinced that they are taking QB at 5. Love is the guy, imo, with the tools to be great. He could be terrible too. After Lamar and Mahomes though teams are more likely to take the high ceiling prospect imo.

14 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I had made an offer using next year’s pick ??

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

I just don’t think Herbert is good. I believe he’s a guy that the media is higher on than teams. He’s this year’s Rosen IMO. I would have taken Tua and made a big offer to get to 1 (that’s why I wanted Miami). I also thought about not taking a QB and saying that Miami signed Cam but that would REALLY have ruined the draft. I’m convinced that they are taking QB at 5. Love is the guy, imo, with the tools to be great. He could be terrible too. After Lamar and Mahomes though teams are more likely to take the high ceiling prospect imo.

I hear ya.  I’m just busting chops having fun my man!  

I took Love over Herbert in 2.0, but it was with the fins’ 2nd pick.

Just now, NewEra said:

I hear ya.  I’m just busting chops having fun my man!  

I took Love over Herbert in 2.0, but it was with the fins’ 2nd pick.

Oh I know!! I offered 5, 18, 37 and a 2021 first for 1 and was denied. FWIW, I think Miami makes that same offer to the Bengals and gets the same answer. Then I saw that trade for Tua and was like, “welp I guess I’ll say he failed his physical.” This start was the worst case scenario for Miami IMO. I hope that this is how it plays out, only I hope that they take Herbert.

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Oh I know!! I offered 5, 18, 37 and a 2021 first for 1 and was denied. FWIW, I think Miami makes that same offer to the Bengals and gets the same answer. Then I saw that trade for Tua and was like, “welp I guess I’ll say he failed his physical.” This start was the worst case scenario for Miami IMO. I hope that this is how it plays out, only I hope that they take Herbert.

I feel the opposite.  I feel that this is the best case scenario for Miami as they won’t have to be tied to Tua’s brittle bones being broken every year. 

that being said, I’m praying that tua falls to them

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Love is the guy, imo, with the tools to be great. He could be terrible too. After Lamar and Mahomes though teams are more likely to take the high ceiling prospect imo.

I just don’t see it with him at all.  I’d prefer Anthony Gordon of you’re looking for the next Mahomes type player.  Both are more likely to bust than be great, but Gordon could likely be had in the 5th round, and he produced in college.  I HATE the idea of drafting QBs who didn’t dominate in college.  It’s hard to say who will be good in the NFL, but it’s easy to say who won’t.