Stephen A- Josh Allen will have big 2020 bc of Levi White, Jordan Phillips and Shaq Lawson

Process

2 hours ago, Process said:

This guy is gold

Before I click.........is he going to yell at me again? I don’t like it when he yells at me! 

EDIT: OK, I watched. Is he trying to outdo Marshal Faulk? Do they get embarrassed by this level of ignorance? Does anyone point it out to them? 

Edited by Augie

1 hour ago, TheProcess said:

Bunch of blowhards. Stephen A’s inaccuracies and Kellerman’s ball washing aside, what compels Ryan Clark to say “I’m not a fan of Josh Allen”? Man these guys are dug in on their predraft bias. I don’t think anyone can watch Josh and say he’s not at least entertaining or a likable guy. “I don’t like him” seems like some petty playground ish. 

It looked like it physically pained Clark to name Allen as the best. 

• Like (+1) 1

I saw that and was laughing at his ignorance. That being said, at least he was predicting Josh would be the best QB in the AFCE in the meantime.  Plus, when he talked to Jim Kelly a bit later in the show, she mentioned that we don't have Lawson any more, as if to prove he knew all along.  

2 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

heres the whole 7 minute segment. Stephen A takes Allen. Kellerman takes anyone behind center for NE ?. And then Clark begrudgingly and backhandedly takes Allen. Basically called it a guy winning the battle of not very good qb’s. As if all qb’s are supposed to be polished greats by year 2. 

Lots of QBs are really good by year 3

2 hours ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Why anyone would pay Stephen A. $8 million is beyond me.  I get the most enjoyment from him by turning off the sound and watching the facial expressions and giatrics.

How first take is still on the air is beyond me. Worst show on ESPN. Then again ESPN is a huge joke itself. A Completely biased Sports news station 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

Guys, it’s obvious that he just combined Levi Wallace and Tredavious White, kind of like how we all say “Mcbeane”. It’s  just easier that way....CLEARLY worth 8 mil per year

I was less bothered about that slip of the tongue and more bothered about our pass rush next season coming from guys on the Dolphins and Cardinals.

• Like (+1) 2

16 hours ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Why anyone would pay Stephen A. $8 million is beyond me.  I get the most enjoyment from him by turning off the sound and watching the facial expressions and giatrics.

I'm a fan of the free market, especially in the entertainment industry where not many get hurt when it's unfair. Smith draws eyeballs so ESPN thinks he's worth them money they pay him. It's not about whether he's wrong but whether he's entertaining, which he often is on both counts. A couple of days ago he was bemoaning the Bills because they fail at crucial times (a sentiment I read on this forum often but he didn't say "Billsy") but he used last year's season finish as an example because "they lost their last 3 games" of the season, including losing to the Jets. Anybody paying attention knew the Bills sat their starters in week 17 but Smith was too caught up in his point to think of that.

Smith is first and foremost a basketball fan/columnist. That's his sports passion. Kellerman's is boxing. So, I take their opinions on the NFL with a pillar of salt. Ryan Clark, IMHO, is one of the best football commentators on TV. He's both knowledgeable and funny. He knows how the players think and doesn't shy away from criticizing players that he thinks are doing stupid s#%t. In this case, when he says he "doesn't like" Allen, he's obviously speaking from a player perspective, not a personal dislike. A lot of football analysts don't think much of Allen, even if they've seen him play.

I'm personally still on the fence with Allen. As to the question of "who's the best QB in the AFC East?", I think that's tough because none of them are clearly Top 10 talent. I can't confidently say that Allen will outperform the other QBs in the division this year but all of the excuses he might have had are gone. It's prove it year for Allen.

• Like (+1) 1

Steven A Smith is great on basketball and for everything else, he’s entertainment.  He’s hilarious and is now in on the joke.  Miles times better than that idiot Skip.  I literally can’t believe anyone seriously watches him.  He is the guy who will argue for hours that the sky isn’t blue.  He sucks.

3 hours ago, BisonMan said:

I'm a fan of the free market, especially in the entertainment industry where not many get hurt when it's unfair. Smith draws eyeballs so ESPN thinks he's worth them money they pay him. It's not about whether he's wrong but whether he's entertaining, which he often is on both counts. A couple of days ago he was bemoaning the Bills because they fail at crucial times (a sentiment I read on this forum often but he didn't say "Billsy") but he used last year's season finish as an example because "they lost their last 3 games" of the season, including losing to the Jets. Anybody paying attention knew the Bills sat their starters in week 17 but Smith was too caught up in his point to think of that.

Smith is first and foremost a basketball fan/columnist. That's his sports passion. Kellerman's is boxing. So, I take their opinions on the NFL with a pillar of salt. Ryan Clark, IMHO, is one of the best football commentators on TV. He's both knowledgeable and funny. He knows how the players think and doesn't shy away from criticizing players that he thinks are doing stupid s#%t. In this case, when he says he "doesn't like" Allen, he's obviously speaking from a player perspective, not a personal dislike. A lot of football analysts don't think much of Allen, even if they've seen him play.

I'm personally still on the fence with Allen. As to the question of "who's the best QB in the AFC East?", I think that's tough because none of them are clearly Top 10 talent. I can't confidently say that Allen will outperform the other QBs in the division this year but all of the excuses he might have had are gone. It's prove it year for Allen.

https://mobile.twitter.com/sasburneracct