Buffalo Bills showing interest in FIU QB James Morgan

If Beane and McDermott are on board, I am too. I have no reason to doubt their drafting.

Plus I don't watch college ball so I have no clue who any of these players are.

7 hours ago, whatdrought said:

I don’t hate the idea of throwing a late round QB into the mix. You need camp arms if nothing else. Maybe he turns into something and is a good backup, or is there it Josh falters, or is a guy who can be a trade piece down the road. 

People forget how amazing it worked for the Redskins to grab Cousins after spending a fortune on RG3 - even if they screwed it in the long run. 

The draft should never be approached as a “this year” situation. Yes you can look at who helps you most now, especially in the early rounds, but you have to keep an eye on the 5 year plan. Every spot on the roster should have competition and “hot seats” from our young QB, to our All-Pro cornerback.

I like the idea of a 3rd to 4th round QB in the draft. If Allen goes down Barkley just isn’t good enough. 

10 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2020/04/nfl-draft-2020-buffalo-bills-showing-legitimate-interest-in-fiu-qb-james-morgan.html?outputType=amp

i don’t know too much about him since I don’t follow FIU. USC and Miami Hurricane fan for life lol

Didn't FIU, led by this QB, beat Miami this year?

Edited by PromoTheRobot

The first question I have.  Does he have more upside than Davis Webb?  Webb has some size and a live arm and had some backers when he came out of college.  If that has gone away and the Bills have decided he has some flaws that they can't fix, then it makes sense to switch out.  Otherwise, aren't there other positions where more depth/competition makes more sense?