Buffalo Bills showing interest in FIU QB James Morgan

11 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Oh shoot is JA17 on the hot seat?

You could say that.  With the weapons he now has, he's running out of excuses not to take the next step.  Hopefully he does.

• Like (+1) 3

21 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Oh shoot is JA17 on the hot seat?

In a way, he is.

This is his 3rd season in the league, and a lot of people are going to be expecting a lot from him.

To be fair, Josh Allen has stepped up, we all saw it. If anyone thinks that Allen did not improve at all from his first year to his second year, then I don't know what will satisfy them.

Also, if Josh Allen is on the hot seat this year, then so is Tremaine Edmunds.

• Like (+1) 2

The “Buffalo Fanatics” had him on their U tube channel for an interview thing, Morgan appears to be an intelligent guy with a good arm. Check out the U tube video if you want to see/hear Rico and him chat for a while. 

I think he is the only true developmental QB worth taking in this draft. You take Eason, Hurts or even Fromm you are likely thinking at some point of giving them a shot to compete for the job. Morgan is the only other guy after the top 7 that I'd actually spend a pick on and I think you are comfortable if he never starts a game his first 3 years. You work and develop him.

The Patriots have scouted him heavily. I originally thought 6th/7th round but there has been sufficient buzz since he shone at the Shrine Game that I now think he goes off the board in round 5 - and I'd still be okay taking him there.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

In a way, he is.

This is his 3rd season in the league, and a lot of people are going to be expecting a lot from him.

To be fair, Josh Allen has stepped up, we all saw it. If anyone thinks that Allen did not improve at all from his first year to his second year, then I don't know what will satisfy them.

Every player in the NFL is on the hot seat, at all times. Except for Reid Ferguson.

• Haha (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

In a way, he is.

Why would Tremaine Edmunds be on the hot seat? The kid, IMO, has been as advertised and is a beast.

You don't have as good of a defense as the Bills have with some shlub in the middle if it.

• Like (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Why would Tremaine Edmunds be on the hot seat? The kid, IMO, has been as advertised and is a beast.

You don't have as good of a defense as the Bills have with some shlub in the middle if it.

My point being in that it is both Allen's & Edmunds' 3rd year. Therefore the situation is identical.

Personally I don't think either of them are on the hot seat. I think Allen is getting better and better, and that Edmunds is doing very good.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I don’t hate the idea of throwing a late round QB into the mix. You need camp arms if nothing else. Maybe he turns into something and is a good backup, or is there it Josh falters, or is a guy who can be a trade piece down the road. 

People forget how amazing it worked for the Redskins to grab Cousins after spending a fortune on RG3 - even if they screwed it in the long run. 

The draft should never be approached as a “this year” situation. Yes you can look at who helps you most now, especially in the early rounds, but you have to keep an eye on the 5 year plan. Every spot on the roster should have competition and “hot seats” from our young QB, to our All-Pro cornerback.

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 1

Had a great year in 2018...65% comp....2700 yards...8.7 yds/att...27 TD, 7 INT... and I’m always partial to an over-the-top throwing motion (thanks Jim) Lol...

Seems to have regressed a little in 2019...overall though appears to be a solid developmental prospect...?