Colts introduce a secondary logo

56 minutes ago, DJB said:

Anyone know what the 7 white dots indicate on the blue C? Or is it just random?

The state in the C is pretty cool though 

I don’t know what the original meaning was, but the dots are from the horseshoe logo. The horseshoe has 7 grommets around it so they added that feature to the new C logo. 

32 minutes ago, MJS said:

Wow, I guess I'm in the minority. I think it looks pretty stupid.

I will admit that you are correct, and were more succinct in your appraisal than I was... 

1 hour ago, DJB said:

I see the C as a horseshoe on its side and those are the nail holes.  Like in their regular horseshoe logo. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I don't think the symbol looks too bad but I am not a fan of also changing the numbers.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29029895/colts-honor-home-state-tweaked-uniform-secondary-logo

Colts debut updated logos, team uniforms | Fox 59

I like the numbers.  Those are the numbers used by the Colts in their hey day in Baltimore.  The Cowboys also used to use a similar font.

3 minutes ago, purple haze said:

I like the numbers.  Those are the numbers used by the Colts in their hey day in Baltimore.  The Cowboys also used to use a similar font.

Those bullet holes?  NFL approved this? 

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, purple haze said:

I'm not talking about the logo, just the numbers.  But the logo is supposed to double as a horseshoe.

They should have asked me for help.  I took graphic arts in college.  My teacher said I was a natural.

Zay.jpg

Edited by Irv
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Looks like crap. 

I'm no graphic designer, but I thought a 'secondary logo' was generally just a simplified version of the main logo (eg., just the artwork, not the company name).  This isn't a secondary logo, it's a completely different logo.....and it sucks ass.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 hours ago, DJB said:

"There are typically six nails per horseshoe, though some may use eight."

7 is lucky to shoe a horse.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Looks like crap. 

I'm no graphic designer, but I thought a 'secondary logo' was generally just a simplified version of the main logo (eg., just the artwork, not the company name).  This isn't a secondary logo, it's a completely different logo.....and it sucks ass.

I agree. But it’s because I’ve always hated that they took the Colts out of Baltimore. You wanna move your franchise because the locals aren’t lining your pockets enough? Fine. It’s your toy. But leave the team name & logo to the city. I’ve never given Indy credit, but I’m an old codger who knew and loved the Baltimore Colts.

<rant off>

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1