Beane Draft Day Aggression - Trade up for Delpit

Mark80

21 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

He isn't Derwin James but then few people are. He reminds me of Anthony Harris from the Vikings a bit the way he plays. 

Agree. I think he is a really safe pick. He will be a good NFL starting safety for 8-10 years.

And that’s fine - just saying those are the only types of safeties I would personally take in the 1st rd, just where i place the positional value. 

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

And that’s fine - just saying those are the only types of safeties I would personally take in the 1st rd, just where i place the positional value. 

Maybe. But you have to look at this draft class too. It isn't chock full of studs. So you are either taking a first round talent at a non-premium spot or reaching down the board for a 2nd round talent at a premium spot. That is why I thought the Bills were in no man's land at #22. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Based on Beane’s history you’re probably going to be disappointed.

Every year is different and this year is particularly deep in round 2 and 3. To be specific, I was referring to those rounds.

2 hours ago, Rigotz said:

I don't want to see us trade up for any player.

This is a draft where you can get First Round talent in the 2nd round and maybe even 3rd round.

Would you rather have Delpit or a stud WR to groom and stud RB to groom under Josh?

I think that's a little more important than safety depth right now.

I don't believe you are getting a "stud" WR to groom in the mid/late second.  Those guys are gone in the first and early second IMO.  Sure, there are Metcalf's, but that's the exception to the rule in my opinion.  Also we already have a stud RB and if you are taking WR at 2 then the best RBs are gone by the pick in 3.  To me, Delpit is much more or a certainty then the 7th or 8th WR taken most likely in the second or the 5th best RB in the 3rd (if even that is available).