Prospect discussion: Antonio Gibson

NewEra

2 hours ago, DCOrange said:

He makes sense if we bring in a veteran RB to be Singletary's backup as well. Don't really want to go into next season with Gibson as the backup though.

Use Yeldon to back up Singletary he's there any way .

That's where his versatility comes in he could be on ST's as the kick returner while also being the #3 RB, the dude is a weapon something like 4.39 40 yd dash at his size the D would have to bring it all day once this kid got comfy in the scheme OMG !!

Edited by T master

29 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

4th round I would take him. I'm just not sure what role he'll have in the NFL his first year. He literally has zero experience with pass blocking so he can't play RB. And he has a very limited route tree so he can't play WR. If you get him the ball in open space he's a home run threat but he needs more than that to carve out a role in an NFL offense. Maybe his first year he just acts as a gadget player but then if he's on the field it spoils the play call.

What do you mean “he can’t play RB and “he can’t play wr”?  Can’t is a word that is often misused.  Just as in this case.

he can’t start but he can most definitely play both, albeit not a full playbook.  Not sure why he can’t be used for 6-10 touches a game.

21 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

For those “Combine Guys” saying his 40 time makes him explosive, watch film for both and get back to me. One of them plays violently, the other one is a RB in a WR body.

Show me one good RB EVER who was above 6’2”

Adrian Peterson and Arian Foster are the only two above 6 feet who were successful.

Derrick Henry is 6'3. I remember Antowain Smith being up around 6'2. Eddie George, Steven Jackson, Brandon Jacobs and Matt Forte were taller and they were pretty good. Those are just off the top of head. Taller RB's may not be ideal. But there have been some good ones. 

Edited by Raleigh • √eff
  • Like (+1) 1

I like him a lot.  He has an element to his game that our offense is missing. Take it to the house speed.  There was some chatter early on that teams were considering him a RB at the next level, but I have since heard most teams view him as a WR.  

I think he will be selected in the late 2nd to 3rd round. 

Edited by Estro

29 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

For those “Combine Guys” saying his 40 time makes him explosive, watch film for both and get back to me. One of them plays violently, the other one is a RB in a WR body.

Adrian Peterson and Arian Foster are the only two above 6 feet who were successful.

O.J. Simpson was 6’1”

1 hour ago, Victory Formation said:

I think he’s a WR.

3 minutes ago, Estro said:

I like him a lot.  He has an element to his game that our offense is missing. Take it to the house speed.  There was some chatter early on that teams were considering him a RB at the next level, but I have since heard most teams view him as a WR.  

I think he will be selected in the late 2nd to 3rd round. 

33 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

Gibson is 6'0" and Shenault is 6'1" (I'm assuming that's the "other" guy you're talking about), why are you talking about the lack of 6'2" running backs in the league?

1 hour ago, Rigotz said:

Are you having a make believe argument with yourself?

wth does this have to do with Antonio Gibson?  Since when is Gibson over 6’2?

Regarding the Gibson - shenault comp, gibson is a home run hitter.  He gets the ball and runs into the end zone.  That is what this team needs.  

shenault is not a home run hitter.  He gets the ball

and runs into people and gets tackled 

Edited by NewEra
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Rigotz said:

Eric Dickerson says hello.

I deleted my comment. Thought he was listed at 6’2” because that’s the first thing that came up.

Not sure why everyone is so enamored with a pass catching RB that hits home runs when we have zero goal line back, but ok. Also seems to be a lot of weird tempers on this thread, so I’m going to back away slowly.