Prospect discussion: Antonio Gibson

NewEra

3 hours ago, DCOrange said:

If it's the same spreadsheet I'm aware of (his master draft board for the Bills), that's just saying that the Bills visited Memphis 3 times but never scouted a game. Also mentions "lots of interest in post-season" but nothing more than that and I haven't seen anything reported by anyone that we've been in contact with Gibson or shown any interest in him.

I think he potentially makes sense as he may have the versatility that we tend to love.

Dammit. I knew I read that wrong. Thanks 

Thank you for posting this. This is the RB I want. Hes like Terrell Davis and TJ Yeldon combined... (talking skill set, not saying he a HOFer).

On a side note... RBs have always been a flavor of the month/year... some years its gotta have a home run hitter, some years its RB by committee, some years its swiss army knife (McCaffrey type). Every year it's a dime a dozen. If I was GM I would never draft an RB in the first two rounds as a matter of principle. The position naturally devalued due to it's high supply. Effective running game will never go away. There will always be RBs you can get undrafted. Line is always more important. Other positions are more important in the early rounds plain and simple.

Edited by akcash

11 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

Pass.

Would rather have a true possession receiver (he’s not) or a true tackle breaking RB (he’s not).

Not really interested in a ‘tweener. This is Laviska Shenault minus the explosion.

Minus the explosion? 

hahahahahahahaha

• Like (+1) 2

6'2", 220, with a 4.39 40 time? I can sign up for that.

6 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Sounds like Christian McCaffrey. How does he compare?

McCaffrey is 3 inches shorter, 15 pounds lighter, and .09 seconds slower in the 40. Not that this says anything about football ability.

Edited by MJS
  • Like (+1) 1

4th round I would take him. I'm just not sure what role he'll have in the NFL his first year. He literally has zero experience with pass blocking so he can't play RB. And he has a very limited route tree so he can't play WR. If you get him the ball in open space he's a home run threat but he needs more than that to carve out a role in an NFL offense. Maybe his first year he just acts as a gadget player but then if he's on the field it spoils the play call.

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

Pass.

Would rather have a true possession receiver (he’s not) or a true tackle breaking RB (he’s not).

Not really interested in a ‘tweener. This is Laviska Shenault minus the explosion.

I'd argue hes most explosive than Shenault. Hes quicker and he was fantastic at the combine.

Shenault? Not so much. He was slow, showed he lacked explosiveness. 

I dont understand the Shenault love whatsoever. The guy best up on small school DB and all he does gain an extra yard or two by being physical. 

I'd much rather a guy like Aiyuk who isnt physical but can take it to the house every time he touches the ball.