Dak Prescott and Elliot held a party of 30 at his house

1 hour ago, WorstTEever81 said:

That makes sense, because of identity and all... so what about race, age, weight, height, etc? Does identity have a fancy word for those also? Again, asking for a friend. This isn't a political forum so I will end it here...

why can't your friend ask?

3 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

He didn't swing at anyone... And everybody there came under there own choice.. nobody was forced

If people want to hang out , let them.. these draconian measures are not American. 

Trump does press conferences with no mask, dozens of people around him, no mask, they don't keep social distancing either

Yeah! I say, Let more people die! That's the AMERICAN way!

?

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

He didn't swing at anyone... And everybody there came under there own choice.. nobody was forced

If people want to hang out , let them.. these draconian measures are not American. 

Trump does press conferences with no mask, dozens of people around him, no mask, they don't keep social distancing either

Bravo. They chose to take the risk. So if someone at the party gets infected and goes home and infects his family or other people at the supermarket they shop at, did those people get a choice? :doh:

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

17 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Hiding from it won't do anything. The country needs immunity.

I've been helping my friends essential business for weeks. I deliver food to hundreds of people. come in contact with hundreds of people every day and I'm healthy as a horse, no mask , nothing. Can I get it, sure.  But I'm Not gonna let it effects me

People are either going to get it or they're not. People have gotten it in isolation

Fear-mongering doesn't do anything. Trump does press conferences with dozens of people around him not minding social distancing or wearing masks too

Buffalo716 my friend, I see this is a locked thread, but I'm going to take this because it's important to me, and unlike a lot of things here this stuff really is My Lane.  I listen to you on a matter of football.  Consider the parallel.

First off, I'm glad you're healthy.  And you need to re-think this.  Great that you're healthy as a horse.  Now if you're presymptomatically or asymptomatically ill, do you really want to be That Guy who infects 45 of 60 choir members who stood 3 feet apart, or 98 of 175 Biogen Idec conference members, or three dozen people after an Arkansas church gathering?  Put a ***** mask on your cute little face while you're doing deliveries!  Don't be that guy!

It's not about YOU, get it?  It's about the other people you could infect, if you don't know you're sick, and the susceptible people they may be in contact with.  You choose to do what you like, but do the people who come in contact with the people you come in contact with get a choice?  What about their choice?

In an ideal world, we would have had testing of all people with relevant symptoms, 14 day quarantine on all people returning from all places with one infection, starting at least from the point where China locked down Wuhan.  A city of 11 million people doesn't lock down for "just flu". 

We could have been like Taiwan, or Singapore, or S. Korea, or Japan, which have some closures but are primarily still "business as usual" except for infected people and contacts of infected people.

That ship has sailed.  The time for containment has passed and not yet come again.  covid-19 spread widely in our cities while we were blind.

Yes, we need immunity, but we also need to not have little NY Cities all over the country where the hospitals, doctors, and nurses are slammed and overwhelmed.  In your math about "not gonna let it affect me", how do you factor in stopping that?  Do you really want to see rows of coffins dumped in a hole in Orchard Park like they're doing in NYC right now?  Stacked up in refrigerator trucks?  Really, truly?  That's what you want?  "People are gonna get it or they're not"?  Because that's where that goes.  Italy learned it.  Spain learned it.  NYC is learning it.  Washington State and CA possibly shut down fast enough and hard enough to avoid the lesson.

It is NOT news how to avoid that.  It is not a guess.  It's been in the public health manuals about epidemiology since 1918.  You isolate.

image.thumb.png.3cfa5e52596df0f0c7ab94e2152e47a2.png

One city had twice the death rate of the other.  One city had medical care still available (such as it was at the time it still helped), one city had hospitals totally overwhelmed and dead bodies in the streets.

Please rethink this - and please start wearing a ***** MASK.  Any mask will do.  Because again, it's not about YOU, and what YOU fear, it's about who you might infect, and who they might infect, should you be an asymptomatic or presymptomatic person.  Pretty much any mask is effective for this.  OK, maybe don't wear a thong on your face.  But just about anything else.  A bandana and a shop towel and two hair ties.

Do you really want to be "That Guy" who catalyses an outbreak in your friend the essential businessman or all the people you're handing off food to?  Really?

You're a Leader of Men.  As such, you can't let one leader's poor public example poison your well.  You know that.

Don't be the start of the chain that amplifies up to this guy:

Over and out.

• Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2