Remember this?

13 hours ago, PastaJoe said:

9c24b2e2a3a501a96211b74a1412aab9.jpg

They still make a safe version of Creepy Crawlers with a Thingmaker, but back in the 60’s it was basically a hot plate with bottles of chemical mix. My friend had a Superman mold so we could lay wire in it and make bendable superheroes.

I used to love Creepy Crawlers. I tell some of my younger friends about them and they listen in amazement at the hot plate (remember the molds got so hot that they had to be placed in the "cooling tray" - basically just a water bath), and the critters pried out using something like a cross between a sewing needle and an ice pick called the "prying tool". We also had Creeple People and the Fright Factory.  The new "safe" version is just pathetic. :lol:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Azalin said:

I used to love Creepy Crawlers. I tell some of my younger friends about them and they listen in amazement at the hot plate (remember the molds got so hot that they had to be placed in the "cooling tray" - basically just a water bath), and the critters pried out using something like a cross between a sewing needle and an ice pick called the "prying tool". We also had Creeple People and the Fright Factory.  The new "safe" version is just pathetic. :lol:

Ah... The good old days of industrialization.  When nobody was afraid to get a little "corona" on their hands and if they did, washed it off with benzene. 

Leukemia Schmemia!

?

?

Glad they still make Marlboro Men like us! Remember him:

aaea511a6a1d2ed64e09247612682389.jpg

"Wet" transformers and leaking PCB transformer oil, remember them... I laugh at them too:

sf0nz4nwt0u11.jpg

Sorry... I went a bit over the top. Nothing is wrong with the grass.  It needed to die anyway.  Who likes to weedeat...

On 4/17/2020 at 5:47 AM, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

The one in Snyder (Kensington near Harlem) is now a Federal meat market.  Wasn't there one on Main close to UB city campus?

There was one on Sheridan Drive, Get me a Barnbuster!!

On 4/17/2020 at 6:34 AM, BritBill said:

It was always a bit of a disappointment when the picture finally came round and it was just a bloke with a beard enjoying eating a banana. 

(That wasn't a banana)

On 4/19/2020 at 4:35 PM, KD in CA said:

Anyone shop at one of these?

3nOMF-1452205990-970-list_items-mall_servicemerch.jpg

Yep. Find the item you want on the shelf, write down the SKU, go to the register to pay, then wait by the pickup area for it to be sent down the conveyor from the warehouse/stockroom. 

On 4/19/2020 at 6:32 PM, Chef Jim said:

0359F05D-FB14-4B5C-943C-3040D6C59BD9.jpeg

I would use those with some gun powder and the 35mm canisters to make homemade explosives. 

22 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Nope, not scene blue screen of death in years.

I see them all the time. Of course I still work on old people's computers with older OS.  But Windows 10 also has a BSOD, just looks different.

Apple has it's own version--but it isn't blue.

I'm guessing Linux has a comparable screen when the OS can't load.