Interesting Player Starting to Slide

1 hour ago, CommonCents said:

I don’t see it with him and I don’t like the value there in the 2nd round. He won’t be an early contributor and unless he learns to play his position he won’t ever be better than a gimmick guy. An oft injured but more versatile McKenzie is what he is right. 

Hard pass for me. If the Bills take him I will hope he develops and proves me wrong though.

Yep. This is correct. I don't think Shenault is sliding anywhere either. This is a classic case of the draft media catching up with the teams. Happens every year two or three guys you see slotted high early "fall" when the draft media starts talking to scouts and realises that they don't value a guy the same way. 

1 hour ago, Madd Charlie said:

Diggs is the one and I'm giving Brown vet respect. I see Brown and Diggs on the outside and Laviska in the slot being a Beasley upgrade. 

Why do they need to upgrade Beasley with their premium draft asset in 2020?

Beasley will be fine in 2020..

I know you are entitled to your opinion, but it’s SB or bust in 2020 and I would prefer they spend the pick in a bigger need..

• Like (+1) 3

I love Shenault, but I struggle with a second round WR at this point. I would be very happy with Lewis in the second. He would be able to come in slow, work in our great medical facility to get his body right, and grow into the position at the pro level. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Madd Charlie said:

A lot of people seem to agree with you. People were saying hes the latest baby Julio or whatever before the draft process now hes really losing popularity as a prospect. I guess he did not run well and has injury issues but he looks good on YouTube for sure. He has that it factor that makes me think his best ball may still be ahead of him.

Diggs is the one and I'm giving Brown vet respect. I see Brown and Diggs on the outside and Laviska in the slot being a Beasley upgrade. You can call him a two or a strong three i guess. I see your point in needing to play more now and that's where I hesitate. He would be taking over the McKenzie role and he played quite a bit.

If you think a second round rookie WR is going to come in and upgrade upon Beasley’s production of 67 receptions, 778 yards and 6 TDS then you will be sorely disappointed. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 5

I don’t think he’s that special that you can’t find a guy in the 4th-5th round range who is similar and just as versatile. Plenty of athletes who need coached up around there. After the offseason I’m not too worried or picky about this years draft I’ll be happy whatever they add. 

1 hour ago, StHustle said:

Ok so let me get this straight...we draft a falling rookie prospect in the 2nd round and he is supposed to replace 3 receivers on our team. Got it...

tenor.gif

3 hours ago, PetermansRedemption said:

If you think a second round rookie WR is going to come in and upgrade upon Beasley’s production of 67 receptions, 778 yards and 6 TDS then you will be sorely disappointed. 

That was in response to a question about 2021. I wouldn't call Andre Roberts on this team a wider receiver. The only receiver he would be replacing this year is McKenzie and the statement was he hopefully could become a 2 the following year

5 hours ago, Madd Charlie said:

I'm seeing more mocks with Laviska Shenault sliding to the Bills pick in the second round. Interestingly, none of these mocks show us taking him. The last one I saw had Duggar going to Dallas at 51 and Chinn going to the Eagles at 53. Those are two players that the Bills reportedly did some due diligence on and who I also like a lot. The Bills then take Terrell Lewis at 54 and Shenault goes to NO at 55. I'm not feeling Lewis for some reason although I see the potential. Maybe its the injury history but its probably me being turned off by these tall lanky edge rush guys ever since the Maybin disaster.

I take Shenault right here. I cut or trade Andre Roberts and save 1.5 mill in cap. Shenault becomes the kick returner and punt returner. He becomes the back up running back, gadget guy, and sweep guy he most likely bumps McKenzie and Duke Williams off of the roster and becomes our 4th receiver. I'm getting pretty excited about it the more I think about it. It gives us a great combination of youth and vets at the position which we know Beane and Coach would prefer. We also potentially have the best top 4 receivers in the league. Its doubtful that Laviska drops that far but not impossible. With the scenario above does any one else take Shenault there or are other positions too much of a priority and I'm just getting greedy?

You know he'd pass a physical, uh huh.  Perhaps you'd also jump on Alex Smith as Allen's back-up if the Redskins draft a quarterback and Smith immediately gets cut.

6 hours ago, Madd Charlie said:

I'm seeing more mocks with Laviska Shenault sliding to the Bills pick in the second round. Interestingly, none of these mocks show us taking him. The last one I saw had Duggar going to Dallas at 51 and Chinn going to the Eagles at 53. Those are two players that the Bills reportedly did some due diligence on and who I also like a lot. The Bills then take Terrell Lewis at 54 and Shenault goes to NO at 55. I'm not feeling Lewis for some reason although I see the potential. Maybe its the injury history but its probably me being turned off by these tall lanky edge rush guys ever since the Maybin disaster.

I take Shenault right here. I cut or trade Andre Roberts and save 1.5 mill in cap. Shenault becomes the kick returner and punt returner. He becomes the back up running back, gadget guy, and sweep guy he most likely bumps McKenzie and Duke Williams off of the roster and becomes our 4th receiver. I'm getting pretty excited about it the more I think about it. It gives us a great combination of youth and vets at the position which we know Beane and Coach would prefer. We also potentially have the best top 4 receivers in the league. Its doubtful that Laviska drops that far but not impossible. With the scenario above does any one else take Shenault there or are other positions too much of a priority and I'm just getting greedy?

Wait what?

Our second round pick is going to boot 3 different individuals players off the roster? In 3 different roles? Even if he moves up to WR 4, you know we would still carry more receivers than that right? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

If there is any 1 position I'd like to see addressed, it's RT. I know we just signed Darryl Williams, but he was terrible at LG last year. He reminds me of Cordy Glenn. He was great until a lower body injury limited his mobility, hence his release. Too bad we couldn't test that knee before signing him. I still think Ford would be much better at G.

4 hours ago, njbuff said:

If you have injury problems in college, that usually doesn't improve at the NFL level.

There are a few exceptions (Thurman and Gore, for example), but the NFL isn't the place to improve your injury history.

Thurman, Gore, McGahee, etc were one time ligament injuries from particular instances. The chronically injured players are different. 

6 hours ago, whatdrought said:

I love Shenault, but I struggle with a second round WR at this point. I would be very happy with Lewis in the second. He would be able to come in slow, work in our great medical facility to get his body right, and grow into the position at the pro level. 

That's where I'm at. We already took a WR with our first pick and the only thing missing from the unit was a legit number 1. Enter DIGGS!

If a receiver is BPA, so be it;

I'm frankly surprised I'm seeing all of these WR threads and virtually none at positions like edge and OL.

Edited by LSHMEAB

8 hours ago, Madd Charlie said:

If it came down to it, I would hope we would take Terrell Lewis over Shenault. As it stands, I would be more surprised if Lewis fell to 54 than Shenault. I also wouldn't be surprised if Beane traded up in the second, potentially for Lewis.