David Carr Criticizes Winston’s workout

There is a place on a roster for Winston.  You don't have that kind of production, turnovers and all, and not wind up somewhere. How many teams has Fitz found a job with?  I think Chris Simms makes a great point in the video.  Some teams don't want a guy like Winston as a backup, because he is just too talented...he would create a QB controversy with some teams.

Edited by Buftex

15 hours ago, FireChans said:

Tyrod is starting this season presumably, I’d much rather go into a game with Famous than that bum under center.

I don't get your and some other fans' blatant hatred -- and it is hatred -- for Taylor.   Tyrod Taylor is what he is -- a modestly talented QB who simply reached his plateau as an NFL QB which is competent backup -- and that hardly makes him not "a bum".   He was always a good team mate, even in trying circumstances.  He never criticized the Bills for how they handled his situation even after he left the team (which wasn't his decison BTW). 

If you feel the need to be angry at somebody over the Bills poor QB situation in recent years, I suggest you consider the individuals who put Taylor in the position to fail miserably as a Bills starting QB through their personnel and coaching decisions in 2017 and 2018:  Russ Brandon, Doug Whaley, Brandon Beane, Rex Ryan, and Sean McDermott.   Taylor did not name himself the starter.  He did not have a say in what offensives players the Bills did or did not draft or did or didn't re-sign any more than Josh Allen has. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, SoTier said:

I don't get your and some other fans' blatant hatred -- and it is hatred -- for Taylor.   Tyrod Taylor is what he is -- a modestly talented QB who simply reached his plateau as an NFL QB which is competent backup -- and that hardly makes him not "a bum".   He was always a good team mate, even in trying circumstances.  He never criticized the Bills for how they handled his situation even after he left the team (which wasn't his decison BTW). 

If you feel the need to be angry at somebody over the Bills poor QB situation in recent years, I suggest you consider the individuals who put Taylor in the position to fail miserably as a Bills starting QB through their personnel and coaching decisions in 2017 and 2018:  Russ Brandon, Doug Whaley, Brandon Beane, Rex Ryan, and Sean McDermott.   Taylor did not name himself the starter.  He did not have a say in what offensives players the Bills did or did not draft or did or didn't re-sign any more than Josh Allen has. 

I don't have hate for any player but Tyrod is as close as you can get. Watching him play QB actually makes me miserable. And sports should be fun. 

2 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Yeah? How about Dem INTs

He does throw too many picks. No question. But he isn't a complete bum. He can make plays. He is better than guys who will start next year. I'd still take him above Bridgewater and Tyrod for a kick off. I'd take above Fitz too as much as I love Fitz. 

Winston will have to sign somewhere as a backup though and wait his next chance. 

15 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Tampa Bays defense was bad in points allowed because ol crablegs gave the other team the ball inside the 40 2x per game. Their defense was low key very decent. PPG is not how you evaluate the defense of a team whose QB throws 30 picks.

The average opponent Offense drive LOS for Tampa was the 32.  The Best in the NFL was the 25.  The Bills was 28 (league average). 

TB had 194 Offensive possessions, 30 resulted in INTs. Of the 449 scored against TB, 36 were pick-six.

10 hours ago, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

It's the fumbles, interceptions, and off the field stupidity that cost him his job and makes other teams uninterested in him.  When his supporters quote his stats, they need to look at the whole picture.  Turnovers lose games and Jameis cost his team a ton of games.  His four year history has him without a job.  Teams know who he is and what type of player he is.  He is certainly better than many backup QB's and can have a long career if he chooses to take that kind of job.

I'm certainly no "supporter" of Winston.  But given his history of being wild with the ball, Arians still thought it would be a great idea to jack UP his attempts to, by far, a career high (for 16 games) of 626.  He came to TB and chose to build his Offense around Winton's weakness.  The outcome seems to have surprised Arians.

3 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Yeah? How about Dem INTs

Good pickup...

12 minutes ago, SoTier said:

I don’t hate Tyrod the man. There are very few players that I hate as people, that’s mostly reserved for the scumbags of the world. But I hate, yes HATE, Tyrod the player. He is like watching paint dry, but paint in a color you hate.

• Haha (+1) 2

In Carr's defense, that drill does look pretty pointless.

But yes, of course someone will sign Winston.  Obviously he can play and would be a very high caliber #2.  I assume it's just a matter of his asking price dropping to a reasonable level at this stage.   

Jameis Winston undergoes LASIK eye surgery

Few operations could fit Winston better. Just months after he became the first quarterback to throw 30 touchdowns and 30 interceptions, Winston had his eyesight fixed. Likely gone are the photos of Winston squinting on the sideline, which often became memes. Perhaps the interceptions won't be as frequent, too.

There's no telling how much such an operation might help the nearsighted Winston.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001101946/article/jameis-winston-undergoes-lasik-eye-surgery

Some team could get lucky with him at a reasonable price.