Predict what day Super Bowl LV will be held

3 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I'm predicting July 11 2021. 

I see this unique NFL season using a similar time frame of the final USFL season.  The USFL's championship game was on 7/14/85.

The 2021 season will start 1 month later, in October.   

Will there be two weeks between every game? Why if it were to start a month late would the SB be 5 mos later?

7 minutes ago, SNICE said:

Will there be two weeks between every game? Why if it were to start a month late would the SB be 5 mos later?

2020 season will start in February 2021.  2021 season will start a month later, in October 2021 instead of September 2021, since the NFL season will end in July.  

Edited by Albany,n.y.

I think the season ends up starting a month or so later, but (sadly) without fans in the stadiums.  Or maybe they can work something out where fans can spread out & stadiums are only half capacity, or something like that.  

Probably a late February/early March SB.

I’m going with Sunday...

5 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I see this unique NFL season using a similar time frame of the final USFL season.  The USFL's championship game was on 7/14/85.

Look, I know you're bored, we are all bored. Read a book.

• Haha (+1) 1

It'll be on the day it is currently scheduled on. In the vast majority of the country, this thing has already peaked and I see a steady, but slow return to normalcy over the next few months with summer being business as usual. The only way it is postponed is if we see this thing spiking in the fall again, but I am thinking their may be better and widespread testing and treatment to prevent the wholesale panic and unknown of the last few months. I can't see people going for another shutdown again like we are in, though. I think people are more likely to try to tough it out for their livelihoods and they will want entertainment. With widespread quick testing (which is rolling out now), it'll be easy- test positive and you can't go to the game or work. 

• Like (+1) 2

21 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I have a hard time seeing the NFL with only 4 months off between games.  That creates ripple effects into the 2022 league year.  I think the NFL would be more likely to truncate or even cancel the 2020 season rather than create more long term issues.

1 hour ago, SF Bills Fan said:

It'll be on the day it is currently scheduled on. In the vast majority of the country, this thing has already peaked and I see a steady, but slow return to normalcy over the next few months with summer being business as usual. The only way it is postponed is if we see this thing spiking in the fall again, but I am thinking their may be better and widespread testing and treatment to prevent the wholesale panic and unknown of the last few months. I can't see people going for another shutdown again like we are in, though. I think people are more likely to try to tough it out for their livelihoods and they will want entertainment. With widespread quick testing (which is rolling out now), it'll be easy- test positive and you can't go to the game or work. 

I'm with you.  I'm 100% committed to this shutdown, but there's no way I'm doing it again.  I think they play it as scheduled, shortened season if necessary.  

• Like (+1) 1