Is Josh Allen really a franchise QB?

Big Curt

24 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Well, the OP actually requires 2 answers imo...

1. Yes- Josh is a franchise QB in the sense that the FO has chosen him to be the guy to lead the franchise...Josh is the guy that hopes are pinned on, and the guy that dictates whether jobs are on the line...

2. No- Josh is not the franchise (yet) because he hasn’t reached the talent level where he is the unquestioned starter 10 years from now...if he stopped improving today, one would not feel comfortable that he is capable of bringing success to the franchise...

So, this is why I feel there are two sides to the “franchise QB” question.

PS I flat out disagree with the idea of “cutting bait” with Josh...that’s a little over the top at this juncture...that debate can be had the day Josh stops improving- which may be a day where he has improved to the point where letting him go would be unthinkable.

Ok.  It may be too soon.  However, I think Tua is a better player and will be  a better fit.  No disrespect to Josh.  This Tua kid is the next Mahomes.  Remember this in two years.  I said it first.  

2 minutes ago, BBILL12 said:

Troll

Not a troll.  I know what I'm talking about.  But you have the right to you opinion.  

2 minutes ago, Big Curt said:

Is it ridiculous because?  I think Tua is the truth and a talent like that should be taken.  QB is the toughest position in sports to fill in professional sports and if you feel one is elite, then go for it.  

It's ridiculous because Allen made great strides in his 2nd season , the team is building around him, the team did 'go for it' in drafting a QB that they feel will be elite. Despite his areas that need to improve, I think he's already a very good qb. He has the physical skills and those are improving and he has the intangibles you look for in a QB. I'm all in on Allen, I can't wait to see him in action soon.

1 minute ago, Big Curt said:

Ok.  It may be too soon.  However, I think Tua is a better player and will be  a better fit.  No disrespect to Josh.  This Tua kid is the next Mahomes.  Remember this in two years.  I said it first.  

Not a troll.  I know what I'm talking about.  But you have the right to you opinion.  

Nobody will remember or care.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Big Curt said:

Could very well be if he doesn’t get severely broken again, till then he is a injury prone small guy playing QB on a very talented team. Just imagine what his hip will do when he gets rag dolled to the turf a few times, on top of his ankle and wrist, the guy is brittle. 

Go Bills !!!

Edited by Don Otreply

33 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

This OP is beyond ridiculous.  1st off he needs to keep his day job because scouting isn't in his future.  2nd, even if the Bills were crazy, how in the world would they move up from pick 54 to the top 10?  Well, I guess it could be done by trading Josh Allen for 2 #1s, but trading him for a medical mystery would be insane.

Agreed and if we were going to go down this fantasy land, why settle on tua... just make some trades for draft capital next year and try to tank for Lawrence ( a much better prospect than tua)

1 minute ago, klos63 said:

It's ridiculous because Allen made great strides in his 2nd season , the team is building around him, the team did 'go for it' in drafting a QB that they feel will be elite. Despite his areas that need to improve, I think he's already a very good qb. He has the physical skills and those are improving and he has the intangibles you look for in a QB. I'm all in on Allen, I can't wait to see him in action soon.

I understand.  I just don't believe in Allen as a top QB.  I think he is definitely a starter.  I don't think he is elite and Tua will drop in the draft.  Jimmy Johnson drafted a QB after he had Troy Aikman.  The Redskins drafted RG III and Kirt Cousins.  

Just now, Big Curt said:

I understand.  I just don't believe in Allen as a top QB.  I think he is definitely a starter.  I don't think he is elite and Tua will drop in the draft.  Jimmy Johnson drafted a QB after he had Troy Aikman.  The Redskins drafted RG III and Kirt Cousins.  

Even if we believed tua was the next great coming, how in the world do we get to the top 7 or 8 of this draft when we have no first rounder already 

You gonna give up our second, third, next years first and second? Even that probably isnt enough 

2 minutes ago, Big Curt said:

Even if we wanted too, we dont have the draft capital and the price would be insane with our picks 

54 minutes ago, Big Curt said:

Before everyone gets all in their feelings, I wonder if Josh Allen is really a franchise QB. He has major accuracy issues and he makes bad decisions.  I believe the Bills should cut bait and do everything they can to draft Tua.  I believe Tua is another Patrick Mahomes.  He has superstar written all over him and I think the Bills are going to be "spinning their wheels" on a project.  Tua is the best QB in the draft and the best QB prospect in years.  I hope I am wrong, but Only time will tell. 

giphy.gif

Edited by CSBill
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

Just now, Big Curt said:

Good point.  I was thinking he'd drop further down in the draft because of his injury.  He's gonna need to sit out an entire year.  He may fall to the middle or end of the first round.  

what are you basing it off of that Tua is the next Mahomes? Haven’t seen that comparison so you keep repeating something but don’t make any comments to back that up. Sell people on why you think Tua is the next big thing. 

50 minutes ago, Big Curt said:

Before everyone gets all in their feelings, I wonder if Josh Allen is really a franchise QB. He has major accuracy issues and he makes bad decisions.  I believe the Bills should cut bait and do everything they can to draft Tua.  I believe Tua is another Patrick Mahomes.  He has superstar written all over him and I think the Bills are going to be "spinning their wheels" on a project.  Tua is the best QB in the draft and the best QB prospect in years.  I hope I am wrong, but Only time will tell. 

Let's assume the OP is right, and Josh Allen is not a franchise Qb, and Tua will be. We would not have the draft capital to move up and get Tua. We do not even have a first this year. Tua will go in the top 10, likely the top 5. If we were to try to trade Josh Allen, that would send signals to the teams buying that they would be better off just taking Tua themselves. By trying to trade Josh we would be showing our hand that we are going for a new Qb, and that would show that the team that knows Josh best would rather have Tua. It just isn't feasible.

• Like (+1) 2

BC, in all seriousness, I expect Bills fans to not fall into the "accuracy" trap that people who don't watch Allen play as much assume.

Accuracy is one area where "eye test" evaluations are acceptable.  Allen isn't like EJ and his "zip code" accuracy.  He floats some long passes, Like ALL QB's do (see: Jimmy G, 4th quarter, SB).  But without a true #1 receiver, Allen was pretty money last year.  Lots of dropped passes along the way, but he wasn't all over the place.

The accuracy critique is way overblown, imo.

• Like (+1) 3