Is Josh Allen really a franchise QB?

Big Curt

Before everyone gets all in their feelings, I wonder if Josh Allen is really a franchise QB. He has major accuracy issues and he makes bad decisions.  I believe the Bills should cut bait and do everything they can to draft Tua.  I believe Tua is another Patrick Mahomes.  He has superstar written all over him and I think the Bills are going to be "spinning their wheels" on a project.  Tua is the best QB in the draft and the best QB prospect in years.  I hope I am wrong, but Only time will tell. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 7

1 minute ago, Big Curt said:

Before everyone gets all in their feelings, I wonder if Josh Allen is really a franchise QB. He has major accuracy issues and he makes bad decisions.  I believe the Bills should cut bait and do everything they can to draft Tua.  I believe Tua is another Patrick Mahomes.  He has superstar written all over him and I think the Bills are going to be "spinning their wheels" on a project.  Tua is the best QB in the draft and the best QB prospect in years.  I hope I am wrong, but Only time will tell. 

Yes Josh Allen is a franchise QB. He consistently has put the team on his back and snatched victory from the jaws of defeat.

• Like (+1) 4

7 minutes ago, Big Curt said:

It's too early to tell.  He was drafted with the understanding that he was a raw talent.  He has only two years of NFL experience.  He showed significant improvement in year two.  It is absurd to expect him to be a finished product in two years.  It may take four or five years to see his full potential.  Some quarterbacks have taken longer to blossom. No one can truly answer your question at this point in Allen's career.

Edited by longtimebillsfan
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This OP is beyond ridiculous.  1st off he needs to keep his day job because scouting isn't in his future.  2nd, even if the Bills were crazy, how in the world would they move up from pick 54 to the top 10?  Well, I guess it could be done by trading Josh Allen for 2 #1s, but trading him for a medical mystery would be insane.

Edited by Albany,n.y.
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

Well, the OP actually requires 2 answers imo...

1. Yes- Josh is a franchise QB in the sense that the FO has chosen him to be the guy to lead the franchise...Josh is the guy that hopes are pinned on, and the guy that dictates whether jobs are on the line...

2. No- Josh is not the franchise (yet) because he hasn’t reached the talent level where he is the unquestioned starter 10 years from now...if he stopped improving today, one would not feel comfortable that he is capable of bringing success to the franchise...

So, this is why I feel there are two sides to the “franchise QB” question.

PS I flat out disagree with the idea of “cutting bait” with Josh...that’s a little over the top at this juncture...that debate can be had the day Josh stops improving- which may be a day where he has improved to the point where letting him go would be unthinkable.

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 5

33 minutes ago, Big Curt said:

Brilliant

• Haha (+1) 1

The Buffalo Bills are an official franchise in the NFL.

Josh Allen is the starting QB of the Buffalo Bills.

Ergo, Josh Allen is a franchise QB.

I'll be around all day if anyone has any additional questions.

• Haha (+1) 1

Josh is a franchise QB in training, who is showing signs of being said QB, he can make throws that require high degrees of accuracy to any spot on the field. What he lacks is consistency, if he can fix that he will likely become a full fledged franchise QB, we just gotta wait and see if it happens. Oh, another thing is that his receivers gotta stop dropping passes at crucial times during games, which they presently do all to frequently.

Go Bills!!!

Edited by Don Otreply

20 minutes ago, klos63 said:

I think he will be. I also think your post is ridiculous.

Is it ridiculous because?  I think Tua is the truth and a talent like that should be taken.  QB is the toughest position in sports to fill in professional sports and if you feel one is elite, then go for it.  

3 minutes ago, Success said:

The Buffalo Bills are an official franchise in the NFL.

Josh Allen is the starting QB of the Buffalo Bills.

Ergo, Josh Allen is a franchise QB.

I'll be around all day if anyone has any additional questions.

Technically you are technically correct on a technicality.