Diggs running 23 mph!

But, but he’s not fast! He’s not big! We need a big strong receiver for contested short yardage TDs! He’s just another John Brown!

I know this, cuz I’ve read it RIGHT HERE!

And we’re an authoritative lot, dammit!

Waste of way too many late round picks that could have put us over the top!

DOOOMED!

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

Maybe someone could figure out how to combine this with a burning, folding table?

Easy.  Just stand one up vertically at the end of the treadmill with the table top facing the treadmill. 

3 hours ago, Lurker said:

He wasn't doing it from a standing start.   It's very doable for short stretchs from a moving start...

That's all he needs to do it for, is a short stretch, as long as he can get to that speed in 2.3 seconds.

6 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

I can’t get the video to work so will try later, but as a former state champ wrestler 100 years ago, and football, yadayada, and national champ power lifter, we used to interval training and would hit 12 mph for an interval which would be a 5 min mile if memory serves.  That means for however long he ran 23 mph he was running at a sub 3 minute mile which is almost inhuman.  Only a couple people in the world can run distance at that pace, so if he even did it for 30 seconds is amazing.  

I have one comment left.  Hey, Gilmore, still think Diggs is nothing.  You’re getting schooled this year.  Go Diggs, and Billieve!

Whoops, now it finally came through.  Amazing even if just for five seconds.  God I can’t wait for Gilmore to eat his words and hopefully he does it to him twice a year for the next three years.  Yeah baby!

So should we start calling Diggs the Road Runner, or CB killer?

@machine gun kellyi think I’d enjoy destroying a few crispy boys with you. You must be able slug em down.

7 hours ago, DJB said:

That's fast.

A preview of Diggs and S Gilmore?

giphy.gif

Are you calling Gilmore a super genius?  I think road runner chicken wings would be delicious.

[Note: I was given gift of a Wile E Coyote stuffed figure for solving issue at work Tier 4 couldn't. I also got annual "Innovation"reward by company as well as bonus. ]

• Thank you (+1) 1

For anyone who doesn’t think it’s impressive, unless my math is wrong, that’s rough 33’ per second once at top speed. Someone who tops out at 21mph, it’s roughly 30.8’ per second. So he’s getting nearly 2.5’ of separation every second at top speed, or roughly a yard.
If a play takes 2.5 seconds from snap to release, and another 3 seconds for the ball to get to the spot, if Diggs is at top speed by 3 seconds into the play, he would have what, roughly 2 yards separation from the corner on a go route?

Edited by billsfan5121
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

But, but he’s not fast! He’s not big! We need a big strong receiver for contested short yardage TDs! He’s just another John Brown!

I know this, cuz I’ve read it RIGHT HERE!

And we’re an authoritative lot, dammit!

Waste of way too many late round picks that could have put us over the top!

DOOOMED!

I was until this under the impression he was not that fast- I am quickly learning exactly how good his physical traits are beyond his motivation.

Diggs worked with Chad Beebe when he played for Vikings.

I am sure Don Beebe came into camp to see his son and gave Diggs some pointers.

35 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

I’m guessing what a crispy boys is, but happy to always have a toast with you.  Have a nice holiday weekend.

977383.jpg

Edited by Limeaid
typo
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Thanks Limeaid.  I’m a lightweight when it comes to beer etc.m so always appreciate you’re wisdom my friend.  Happy Easter bud to you and everyone else.

Worked as bartender before all of these microbeers came out.

I try occasionally but since I do not drink more than 1 beer an hour when I am driving not trying that many new ones.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

VERY doable? That’s a stretch, no? Maybe possible for other world class athletes, but not easy by any measure in my opinion. 

Yes, very doable for a professional athlete who runs for a living    For TSW couch spuds, not so much...