Diggs running 23 mph!

I can’t get the video to work so will try later, but as a former state champ wrestler 100 years ago, and football, yadayada, and national champ power lifter, we used to interval training and would hit 12 mph for an interval which would be a 5 min mile if memory serves.  That means for however long he ran 23 mph he was running at a sub 3 minute mile which is almost inhuman.  Only a couple people in the world can run distance at that pace, so if he even did it for 30 seconds is amazing.  

I have one comment left.  Hey, Gilmore, still think Diggs is nothing.  You’re getting schooled this year.  Go Diggs, and Billieve!

Whoops, now it finally came through.  Amazing even if just for five seconds.  God I can’t wait for Gilmore to eat his words and hopefully he does it to him twice a year for the next three years.  Yeah baby!

9 minutes ago, DJB said:

That's fast.

A preview of Diggs and S Gilmore?

giphy.gif

So should we start calling Diggs the Road Runner, or CB killer?

• Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

I can’t get the video to work so will try later, but as a former state champ wrestler 100 years ago, and football, yadayada, and national champ power lifter, we used to interval training and would hit 12 mph for an interval which would be a 5 min mile if memory serves.  That means for however long he ran 23 mph he was running at a sub 3 minute mile which is almost inhuman.  Only a couple people in the world can run distance at that pace, so if he even did it for 30 seconds is amazing.  

I have one comment left.  Hey, Gilmore, still think Diggs is nothing.  You’re getting schooled this year.  Go Diggs, and Billieve!

Whoops, now it finally came through.  Amazing even if just for five seconds.  God I can’t wait for Gilmore to eat his words and hopefully he does it to him twice a year for the next three years.  Yeah baby!

Nobody in the world can run at 23 mph for 30 seconds. 23 mph was likely his peak and he probably just touched it. For refrence, 23 mph would be a 9.73 second 100 meter dash, an Olympic caliber time. 

4 minutes ago, Watkins101 said:

Nobody in the world can run at 23 mph for 30 seconds. 23 mph was likely his peak and he probably just touched it. For refrence, 23 mph would be a 9.73 second 100 meter dash, an Olympic caliber time. 

That would be my guess.  The treadmill recorded his peak speed achieved during his treadmill run.

Looked like he had the treadmill set at 23 mph, jumped on and ran at that speed for a bit, frankly that’s impressive. 

• Like (+1) 1

Impressive if the speed of the treadmill is accurate.  A great division 1  4 x 100 meter relay time is :39 flat or a 9.75 second split per runner.  That is a 22.94MPH average pace by the team.  Now the exchanges happen at a bit less than top speed and the first runner has to start from a stop, but essentially Diggs on that treadmill is running at a top D1 sprinter pace, and the top track sprinters are generally faster than football players.  Running on a track though is more effort than running on a treadmill. 

Diggs might have 24MPH in him if he tried ramping up speed rather than jumping on a 23MPH belt.

Edited by keepthefaith
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Watkins101 said:

For refrence, 23 mph would be a 9.73 second 100 meter dash, an Olympic caliber time. 

He wasn't doing it from a standing start.   It's very doable for short stretchs from a moving start...

3 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

yea 12 mph would be 5 minute miles

and he did 23mph for like 5 seconds