Dan Fouts is out at CBS; replaced by Charles Davis

On 4/11/2020 at 4:37 PM, Mister Defense said:

Yeah, I agree with you about Fouts; and surprised at the hate for him here!  

And I agree on Collinsworth, but Michaels is okay. Collinsworth sucks.  He is constantly praising the stars, the ones we're all supposed to love, and can't ever seem to go too far in this.  He goes on and and on, heaping mountains of praise on them, as if associating himself with them adds to his reputation.  Not what a good broadcaster should do. Slimy and obsequious.  I'd much rather hear Fouts than him.

Fouts will catch on with another network almost immediately in my estimation.

Great take on Collinsworth Mister D.  I can see him just gushing over Dak Prescott Eli Manning and Patrick Mahomes as I write this.  I remember watching the season opener between Green Bay and Chicago and Collinsworth was saying how good David Bakhatiari was at left tackle protecting Aaron Rodgers (who Collinsworth absolutely reveres.) and thinking Bakhtiari is playing lousy.  And the next play he gave up a sack.  LOL  Michaels isn't horrible.  But he looks like he should be on the Adams Family.  

I have no problem with Dan Fouts.  He never bothered me.  

• Like (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/13/2020 at 3:22 PM, Nick the Greek said:

I always like Solomon Wilcox, I hope he gets brought back. 

Wilcotts.  And please, no, I can't stand to listen to him speak about the Buffalo BEEEOWWWs.

• Haha (+1) 3

On 4/11/2020 at 8:21 AM, TroutDog said:

I liked him when he was younger but he’s been horrific for the last decade or so...maybe longer. 

I kinda agree.

I thought he was very, very good in the past, but hasn't been lately.  I don't think a decade though, I think for me it was about 4-5 years ago where I thought he started to get worse.

On 4/11/2020 at 6:34 AM, Stank_Nasty said:

I’m fairly certain it was last years home pats game where he took it upon himself to point out every time the refs missed a penalty that should have been called on buffalo. My god it was irritating. 

Yea, because the poor Patriots never got millions of beneficial calls over the Brady era....he was a good player but awful broadcaster....kinda like Tasker.

Edited by LABILLBACKER
  • Like (+1) 1

Love me some Charles Davis.  He graduated from my high school 10 years before me.  His father, Franklin, was the HS economics teacher for 30+ years and was one of the more polarizing teachers of my lifetime. Charles was all state in football, CB, and Basketball, PG.  He would make yearly appearances at Varsity football and basketball games, always taking time to talk with anyone who wanted to chat.  Congrats CD!

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

Love me some Charles Davis.  He graduated from my high school 10 years before me.  His father, Franklin, was the HS economics teacher for 30+ years and was one of the more polarizing teachers of my lifetime. Charles was all state in football, CB, and Basketball, PG.  He would make yearly appearances at Varsity football and basketball games, always taking time to talk with anyone who wanted to chat.  Congrats CD!

I am asking you to elaborate on this lest I get the wrong idea.  I read controversial, often to the point of poor outcomes as opposed to say, inspirational or influential.  Sometimes those latter types can be polarizing too because they ruffle the feathers of those who do not care about their jobs as much.  Using the fruit of the tree analogy, I would say Franklin must be or have been a decent dad.

Polarize is to force a something or someone to go in only one direction, or to cause people to divide into two very distinct groups.

27 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

I am asking you to elaborate on this lest I get the wrong idea.  I read controversial, often to the point of poor outcomes as opposed to say, inspirational or influential.  Sometimes those latter types can be polarizing too because they ruffle the feathers of those who do not care about their jobs as much.  Using the fruit of the tree analogy, I would say Franklin must be or have been a decent dad.

Polarize is to force a something or someone to go in only one direction, or to cause people to divide into two very distinct groups.

He forced me to detest the strict, boring and closed minded teachers in favor of the fun, cool, hip and moldable teachers,.  I didn’t understand why the former wouldn’t act more like Franklin.  The Franklin and the cool teachers seemed so happy while the strict seemed so unhappy.  ?

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, eball said:

Wilcotts.  And please, no, I can't stand to listen to him speak about the Buffalo BEEEOWWWs.

He gave us Deranged Rhino. Then he and the Deranged Rhino went away.

11 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I’ve always like Fouts.  I think people go way overboard in their critiques of all these guys.

Fouts was kinda o.k., but his lack of preparation showed. At least he wasn't aggressively annoying

21 hours ago, NewEra said:

Love me some Charles Davis.  

Yeah, me too.

I typically tune out the talking heads, but he's one of the few guys who is naturally smart, knows what's going down on the field and clearly takes the time to do his homework.

• Like (+1) 1