Pour one out for the XFL. The league is reportedly done.

On 4/10/2020 at 1:21 PM, BillsPride12 said:

McMahon really needs to give up on this idea of running a football league and focus on making pro wrestling great again(doubt it ever happens)

Agree'd ! the WWE was on top because of the celebrities it had & there will never be another Undertaker, Cena, Macho man these are the guys that brought the WWE to it's peak & they haven't replaced them with any one worth watching until then it will be just another soap opera .

On 4/13/2020 at 7:52 PM, Don Otreply said:

Why bother when the NCAA supplies that service at no cost to the NFL?

You could make the same argument for the NBA with college basketball, but even the NBA has a minor league. Unfortunately the NBA is not the behemoth the NFL is. I just personally think an NFL minor league woukd be successful 

1 minute ago, Steptide said:

You could make the same argument for the NBA with college basketball, but even the NBA has a minor league. Unfortunately the NBA is not the behemoth the NFL is. I just personally think an NFL minor league woukd be successful 

The NBA only has 2 round drafts . And 16 man rosters

There are lots of talented players that go undrafted yearly

The NFL carries way bigger rosters and has bigger drafts and takes more UDFAs. The path to the NFL is easier than the NBA. And the NFL does turn over every leaf

23 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Versions of this concept have been tried repeatedly nfl Europe, XFL, and others like it, all have failed. Primarily because there is an endless flow of new players coming out of colleges all over America, the NFL system is positioned in such a fashion to take full advantage of this free resource. 

The NFL has no reason to spend large money on a junior league, sure some fans would like it, but there is no real monetary need for such a league, again the NCAA supplies a virtually endless stream of new talent annually, the league see the few quality players that slip through the cracks as one of two things, 1) risk worth taking, or 2) an opportunity for diligent franchises to score a sleeper player who is actually good. It’s a neat idea, but I don’t think it’s got any real traction, jmo.

Baseball and hockey have a long history of regional clubs/teams, look at the Rochester Red Wings and the Rochester Americans,  those leagues are set up for those farm systems, the NBA was a bit of a late comer comparatively, in the NBAs case the college talent is by and large not as good coming out and the league needs to train players to get them up to par, and that is having marginal results from the little I have read. 
so while a fine idea, there is no pressing need. Again jmo. 

Go Bills!!!