What's the first restaurant will you go too when this pandemic is over?

1 minute ago, DCOrange said:

I'll have to check the Dabney out. We're in Alexandria at the moment but the new house is basically across the street from the Howard University athletic complex.

that’s awesome! Congrats on the house, you will live living there! Sure you know the area well, but if you ever need restaurant recommendations etc just let me know. 

Just a heads up, both Maydan and Dabney on RESY. Dabney takes reservations 2 weeks out, Maydan 4 I believe. For both, if you trying to get a Friday or Saturday 6:30-9 , need Resy open on desktop and logged in with computer clock open and at exactly  noon two weeks out hit the resy site. Sometimes even doing that we only get 9 or 9:30. 

but so worth it! 

23 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Probably Maydan. We closed on our first house pretty much the day everything got locked down. Our realtor and loan agent wanted to take us to Maydan to celebrate the purchase...it's a recently awarded Michelin star restaurant that's a short walk from the house and it is absolutely incredible.

almost went there last time I was in DC a few months ago. Ended up eating at a taco joint close to there in Columbia heights called Taquerio Habanero. Pretty solid.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

that’s awesome! Congrats on the house, you will live living there! Sure you know the area well, but if you ever need restaurant recommendations etc just let me know. 

Just a heads up, both Maydan and Dabney on RESY. Dabney takes reservations 2 weeks out, Maydan 4 I believe. For both, if you trying to get a Friday or Saturday 6:30-9 , need Resy open on desktop and logged in with computer clock open and at exactly  noon two weeks out hit the resy site. Sometimes even doing that we only get 9 or 9:30. 

but so worth it! 

Yeah haha, we ran into that the first time we tried to go to Maydan. Only been in the area for a couple years now, but I'm sure we'll be trying a lot of new restaurants once we move into DC. I'll definitely make note of the need to make a reservation at Dabney though!

10 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

I'll have to check the Dabney out. We're in Alexandria at the moment but the new house is basically across the street from the Howard University athletic complex. And that sounds promising! Maybe we can connect on a Sunday whenever the Bills are back in our lives again haha

If you’re looking to make friends in the area, @plenzmd1 will introduce you to his peeps at the OTB! Word of advice, do NOT bet on a horse just because his name is Shady! 

• Haha (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Augie said:

If you’re looking to make friends in the area, @plenzmd1 will introduce you to his peeps at the OTB! Word of advice, do NOT bet on a horse just because his name is Shady! 

Sounds like you may have experience with that?

3 hours ago, Seasons1992 said:

They're not going to waste; Madtree and Rhinegeist are delivering all over the city, plus you can drive through for pickups. Trust me, they aren't starving; only their bartenders are. ?

Now that you mention it, a Psychopathy sounds great! @Gugny

A close friend of mine works in sales for Rhinegeist but here in Cbus. The taproom in Cincy being closed obviously hurts them a lot but trust me there’s plenty more than the bartenders hurting. They do a ton of business  from their taps in bars.

3 hours ago, Augie said:

HA! I don’t even have to think about this because I’ve already done the exercise! Muss and Turner’s in Atlanta has a muffuletta sandwich that I’ve been craving. Best sandwich I’ve had in this town. They have a limited take out menu, but the muffuletta isn’t on it. ?

I also have the rest of the top 10 mapped out, but I won’t bore you with it. I’ve spent some time on this topic since going out to lunch is (make that WAS)  part of my daily routine. 

EDIT: I also plan to leave a stupidly large tip, like several hundred percent.  

Damn, that sounds good! My tapeworm just sported a woody!

• Haha (+1) 3

4 hours ago, westside said:

Ok guys and girls! What restaurant are you looking most forward too when it's safe to go out? I know a lot of places are doing takeout, which is good and all, but it's not the same as sitting down with family and friends at your favorite place. For me it's Alex's in batavia, across from the racetrack. They have awesome ribs and steaks and chicken wings cooked on a grill right out in the open. My kids and I love the food and the cozy atmosphere. What is your place you're looking forward to going back too?

Wow, this is a really good question and I'm not sure.  Maybe a trip here

http://www.michaelsymon.com/mabels-bbq

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 4/10/2020 at 4:35 PM, BarleyNY said:

Probably Prescott’s Provisions in NT.  Unless there’s sports on, then probably some place for wings - like Bar Bill.

Want to amend this.  It’ll likely be takeout but sushi from Fuji Grill will probably be first.  Not technically dining out, but I can’t get it now.  

On 4/10/2020 at 5:18 PM, Cripple Creek said:

Wow, this is a really good question and I'm not sure.  Maybe a trip here

http://www.michaelsymon.com/mabels-bbq

Lola is the bomb if you like Michael Symon’s restaurants.  

On 4/10/2020 at 3:36 PM, plenzmd1 said:

i miss bars so much more than restaurants! Cant wait to sit at a bar again!

There's a bar with a deck overlooking the river next door to me. Been going there since I was 16...err, I mean 18. 63 now so that's 45 years. Saw the owner a couple weeks ago when I was out walking, he gave me the combination to the gate lock. Couple times a week I've been taking a bottle of wine out there and calling friends, talking for an hour or two about nonsense, watching the sun set. Gives me some sense of normalcy. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Definitely a 'mom & pop'  place and not a chain.  And a place that has wings, since there is an over supply.  They should be cheap.

We got  a carry out from a chain steakhouse place and it was not very good.  Plus it was expensive.

But the icing on the cake was they forgot my grandson's  kids cheeseburger.  He was crushed as he pulled the other meals from

the bag. He set the table and recognized his meal was not included.

At least they did not charge us for the missed meal.  A quick trip to the nearby Wendy's  was the solution.

Edited by LewPort71
  • Like (+1) 1

Burke Fortune House naturally in Burke (VA).

It sounds like a Chinese restaurant but it is Japanese.  I think when the owners bought it that was the name.

My daughter always gets eel and eel skin rolls, my wife will get noodles (not a sushi fan) and I just try different items but always get a sweet mango roll for desert.