What's the first restaurant will you go too when this pandemic is over?

7 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

A privately owned restaurant with a Friday fish fry. I got a real hankerin’!

Plus, screw the chains. They were on the way out before this started.

6 hours ago, LewPort71 said:

Definitely a 'mom & pop'  place and not a chain.  And a place that has wings, since there is an over supply.  They should be cheap.

We got  a carry out from a chain steakhouse place and it was not very good.  Plus it was expensive.

But the icing on the cake was they forgot my grandson's  kids cheeseburger.  He was crushed as he pulled the other meals from

the bag. He set the table and recognized his meal was not included.

At least they did not charge us for the missed meal.  A quick trip to the nearby Wendy's  was the solution.

23 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Local pub for Friday happy hour. 

Definitely NOT a chain. I try to avoid them as much as possible during “normal times”. In this situation, not only do I want the better experience of a privately owned restaurant, but those mom and pops will be dropping left and right after this. Many of them were probably just getting by before this. Anything to help them get back on their feet ASAP! Both the owners and the servers! Tip BIG if you can when we get back, people!  

Edited by Augie
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

A privately owned restaurant with a Friday fish fry. I got a real hankerin’!

Carol went to Danny's (airport) on GF...1&1/2 hour wait for curbside.Worst fish ever..one beer battered haddock and baked cod..thumbs down.

The coconut shrimps were ok..but too crispy.she ordered pina colada sauce..instead got plum.I

We won't order from there again.

• Sad 1

On 4/10/2020 at 3:36 PM, plenzmd1 said:

i miss bars so much more than restaurants! Cant wait to sit at a bar again!

Amen.....I miss the comradery of knocking back after we cold ones with the regulars after a long week. Oddly enough,  I'm starting to miss the long week to. I want to get back to work. 

• Like (+1) 1

I'm going to eat Sushi.

2 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Amen.....I miss the comradery of knocking back after we cold ones with the regulars after a long week. Oddly enough,  I'm starting to miss the long week to. I want to get back to work. 

Doing nothing but work is also getting old.

I know I'm supposed to be thankful that I still have a job, but not doing anything else can drive you crazy too.

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/10/2020 at 4:31 PM, DCOrange said:

Thanks! It's a tiny little guy, but it's just two of us and a small dog so we don't need all that much space and hard to beat having a rowhouse in the heart of DC.

That sounds like the little house I bought just a year ago. 1068 sq feet, big yard, small cost. Solid.

Congrats!

4 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Working remotely?

I have been. Skype/ WebX etc is good, but not the same. I used to think I would like 100% remote work, but I miss the office drama.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

Working remotely?

I have been. Skype/ WebX etc is good, but not the same. I used to think I would like 100% remote work, but I miss the office drama.

Nope....I wish. I'm medical device, which is considered essential business,  but unfortunately its dental,  which most are shut down aside from emergencies. A lot of our sales are to colleges and medical schools which are shut down too. This whole thing bums me out. Unemployment is so backlogged I'm ready to start delivering for Dominos 

1 minute ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Nope....I wish. I'm medical device, which is considered essential business,  but unfortunately its dental,  which most are shut down aside from emergencies. A lot of our sales are to colleges and medical schools which are shut down too. This whole thing bums me out. Unemployment is so backlogged I'm ready to start delivering for Dominos 

I'm a self ascribed hermit, but have been working remotely for 4 weeks. I work in IT and have that luxury. I feel bad for the people who have lost their incomes and freedoms to the response to this virus. It hasn't been a huge adjustment for me personally, though I love the 'thought of going out'.

What has been interesting, and saddening, is how quickly people will give up their freedoms and even livelihoods for a virus scare that has been politicized beyond belief. I went to the two Coronavirus threads here today. Sad and empty is how I felt. So many good and willing little dictators and party members that know better than what is actually happening, or willing to buy what the media tells them.

I hope you get back on your feet sooner than later.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

If you can get here in 30 minutes or less, I’m IN! 

3 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

I'm a self ascribed hermit, but have been working remotely for 4 weeks. I work in IT and have that luxury. I feel bad for the people who have lost their incomes and freedoms to the response to this virus. It hasn't been a huge adjustment for me personally, though I love the 'thought of going out'.

What has been interesting, and saddening, is how quickly people will give up their freedoms and even livelihoods for a virus scare that has been politicized beyond belief. I went to the two Coronavirus threads here today. Sad and empty is how I felt. So many good and willing little dictators and party members that know better than what is actually happening, or willing to buy what the media tells them.

I hope you get back on your feet sooner than later.

I quit going into any of those threads weeks ago. As you mentioned it's very depressing.  I cut off all my news alerts 2 weeks ago,  and my mindset has been much better. We'll get through this, but at some point we have to get back to normal.  Its a once in a lifetime thing (hopefully). Thanks for the good wishes ?

8 minutes ago, Augie said:

If you can get here in 30 minutes or less, I’m IN! 

hahaha.....you rascal. Don't temp me.

9 hours ago, RocCityRoller said:

That sounds like the little house I bought just a year ago. 1068 sq feet, big yard, small cost. Solid.

Congrats!

Working remotely?

Ours is like 960ish square feet and it’s so damn expensive lol. DC house market is crazy. I paid like 4 times as much as my parents house in Rochester and theirs is roughly 3 times the size. 

Excited nonetheless though. Move in day is in two weeks. 

• Like (+1) 1

I have been ordering from all the restaurants anyway for takeout/delivery. I do this Fri, Sat, Sun. This way I only the eat the food I bought at the grocery store 4 days a week. I go longer without having to go back to the grocery store which is a pain in the ass right now to go to. As far as big events go I am supposed to see Guns N' Roses at MetLife on July 18th. I haven't seen or heard anything about it being postponed/cancelled but I imagine it will be.

9 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

So I have looked into getting groceries for at risk folks , but seems they are all being directed to use Instacart or other services. 

I am bored to tears as well, know every grocery store like the back of my hand, and prolly gunna start doing today. 

Both my kids have been doing it for 3 weeks, they asked me if they should, and I really do think it is work that helps in this mess. 

• Like (+1) 1