What's the first restaurant will you go too when this pandemic is over?

Ok guys and girls! What restaurant are you looking most forward too when it's safe to go out? I know a lot of places are doing takeout, which is good and all, but it's not the same as sitting down with family and friends at your favorite place. For me it's Alex's in batavia, across from the racetrack. They have awesome ribs and steaks and chicken wings cooked on a grill right out in the open. My kids and I love the food and the cozy atmosphere. What is your place you're looking forward to going back too?

HA! I don’t even have to think about this because I’ve already done the exercise! Muss and Turner’s in Atlanta has a muffuletta sandwich that I’ve been craving. Best sandwich I’ve had in this town. They have a limited take out menu, but the muffuletta isn’t on it. ?

I also have the rest of the top 10 mapped out, but I won’t bore you with it. I’ve spent some time on this topic since going out to lunch is (make that WAS)  part of my daily routine. 

EDIT: I also plan to leave a stupidly large tip, like several hundred percent.  

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

A little French joint up on the mountain called Bistro Henri.  I was just telling the wife last night that I was going to order one of everything off the appetizer menu and then the king cut prime rib.  I might even get an extra order of fois gras to have along side my steak.  

A mountain of their amazing pomme frites with a bowl of their spicy aioli.  Maple creme brûlée, a double espresso, and a snifter or two of grand marnier.  Cost is not a factor.   Drooling....

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

Does a brewery count?

My Cincinnati buddy seems downright distraught about all the craft brews in OTR joints going to waste! He brings it up almost daily! 

• Sad 2

6 minutes ago, Augie said:

My Cincinnati buddy seems downright distraught about all the craft brews in OTR joints going to waste! He brings it up almost daily! 

They're not going to waste; Madtree and Rhinegeist are delivering all over the city, plus you can drive through for pickups. Trust me, they aren't starving; only their bartenders are. ?

Now that you mention it, a Psychopathy sounds great! @Gugny

Edited by Seasons1992
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Augie said:

HA! I don’t even have to think about this because I’ve already done the exercise! Muss and Turner’s in Atlanta has a muffuletta sandwich that I’ve been craving. Best sandwich I’ve had in this town. They have a limited take out menu, but the muffuletta isn’t on it. ?

I also have the rest of the top 10 mapped out, but I won’t bore you with it. I’ve spent some time on this topic since going out to lunch is part of my daily routine. 

EDIT: I also plan to leave a stupidly large tip, like several hundred percent.  

I'll meet ya for at least one!

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, westside said:

For me it's Alex's in batavia, across from the racetrack. They have awesome ribs and steaks and chicken wings cooked on a grill right out in the open. My kids and I love the food and the cozy atmosphere.

i never expected to see a Batavia restaurant listed. I grew up in Batavia & my parents still live there. It is a typical small town where everyone knows each other. Alex’s has a colorful past.

Perhaps meet you at a tailgate sometime and go over it with you. It is about a 2 beer story.

• Like (+1) 1

Probably Maydan. We closed on our first house pretty much the day everything got locked down. Our realtor and loan agent wanted to take us to Maydan to celebrate the purchase...it's a recently awarded Michelin star restaurant that's a short walk from the house and it is absolutely incredible.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Probably Maydan. We closed on our first house pretty much the day everything got locked down. Our realtor and loan agent wanted to take us to Maydan to celebrate the purchase...it's a recently awarded Michelin star restaurant that's a short walk from the house and it is absolutely incredible.

Congrats on your new house! That's awesome! 

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Mr Info said:

i never expected to see a Batavia restaurant listed. I grew up in Batavia & my parents still live there. It is a typical small town where everyone knows each other. Alex’s has a colorful past.

Perhaps meet you at a tailgate sometime and go over it with you. It is about a 2 beer story.

That would be great my fellow Bills fan. I have family in Batavia. I would love to hear about Alex's past.

1 minute ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Wings. Any good wing joint.

Yeah we can get em takeout but the quality drops as soon the lid on the box closes. You need to eat them right from the fryer for maximum enjoyment.

Just isn't the same with take out.

12 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Congratulations on the house!

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Maydan is awesome , but must say I prefer The Dabney just a scooch more!

where you live? We have a place on Kalorama    RD,  right off Connecticut. We can meet for a beer at Exiles! Or any of another 1000 places between us and Maydan!

Edited by plenzmd1

6 minutes ago, westside said:

Congrats on your new house! That's awesome! 

Just now, BarleyNY said:

Congratulations on the house!

Thanks! It's a tiny little guy, but it's just two of us and a small dog so we don't need all that much space and hard to beat having a rowhouse in the heart of DC.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DCOrange said:

Thanks! It's a tiny little guy, but it's just two of us and a small dog so we don't need all that much space and hard to beat having a rowhouse in the heart of DC.

That sounds awesome.  Enjoy it!

9 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Mayday is awesome , but must say I prefer The Dabney just a scooch more!

where you live? We have a place on Kalorama    RD,  right off Connecticut. We can meet for a beer at Exiles! Or any of another 1000 places between us and Maydan!

I'll have to check the Dabney out. We're in Alexandria at the moment but the new house is basically across the street from the Howard University athletic complex. And that sounds promising! Maybe we can connect on a Sunday whenever the Bills are back in our lives again haha

Edited by DCOrange