Would You Attend A Bills Game Without A Covid-19 Vaccine?

Would You Attend A Bills Game Without A Covid-19 Vaccine?  

391 members have voted

1. 1. Would You Attend A Bills Game Without A Covid-19 Vaccine?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe (Depending on developments, seating plan, etc?)

Who holds the hammer for declaring the season will start?  Goodell and the owners or the players union? 

Does the fact that a deal is done mean the players have to go back if the league says they are playing or will the union have a say in things?

23 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Yep.  Fought the 'Rona and won, now I have the immunity.  It was an easy fight actually felt like the flu, I am going to attribute that to all the unknown shots the Army gave me for 20 years.  

I know I have given a ton of plasma already

Ima wear a color rush hazmat.

7 hours ago, The Fiend said:

The NFL will take an all or nothing approach. Either all stadiums will allow fans, or none will. You cannot give certain teams an advantage. But, as I said earlier, if no fans are allowed, neither will teams be. There will be no games until a vaccine is discovered, or cure is discovered along with rapid testing.

Except there was a huge outbreak of sailors with COVID-19 on a US military ship in Guam recently:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/coronavirus-outbreak-diverts-navy-aircraft-carrier-guam-all-5-000-n1169726

Well there was a problem with all the touching going on I'm sure:wub:

• Haha (+1) 1

As I said earlier, if fans are not allowed for safety reasons, neither will players. 22 men on the field and , plus 7 officials, plus packed sidelines full of other players, trainers, coaches, TV personnel, etc. will be too much.

I think the NFL will have a plan for such a situation. It’s very possible , maybe even likely that what’s allowable will vary widely from state to state and locality to locality. Neutral site or even just more road games for teams in areas with more restrictions ( as WNY could be ) might happen. I think I recall a past season where the Raiders played an excess of road games for some reason , I don’t know why. Anyway, the NFL will think outside the box here. I don’t think there will be a Nationwide standard , and a stadium in West Virginia might be “safe” while at the same time in Orchard Park NY it’s not “ safe”. 

The NFL will take an all or nothing approach. Either all stadiums will allow fans, or none will. You cannot give certain teams an advantage. But, as I said earlier, if no fans are allowed, neither will teams be. There will be no games until a vaccine is discovered, or cure is discovered along with rapid testing.

I disagree here. You actually can have certain teams play more road or neutral site games. It’s not perfect, but they will make it happen if they can. You’re talking about billions of dollars here in an all or nothing context , so I don’t think nothing is very high on their list of options. 

3 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

My best guess at the moment is they start  in October and they'll play games without fans.  All coaches, players, refs, necessary medical personnel, and broadcasting crews will be tested outside of the stadium on game day before being allowed in the stadium.  It's going to be strange but it's better than nothing.

This is a possibility, and I’m sure they have some plan that includes this scenario or similar. 

23 hours ago, PetermansRedemption said:

I voted no, but I don’t attend games anyways. Can’t beat the view and comfort from home. That being said, stadiums are huge. I can’t see why they couldn’t devise some social distancing capacity for these games. Ticket revenue is such a small amount of revenue for the NFL. If a stadium has a capacity of 70,000 maybe sell 20,000 tickets, all seats spaced out strategically. Only have a gate for a certain amount of tickets at a certain amount of time. Spread the entrance times out amongst 2 hours. If you have X section you go to X gate at X time kind of thing. It sounds more complicated than I think it would be. You section off seats. Skipping a row or some seats between people. On the ticket you print what gate they are to enter and at what time. An organization as large as the NFL shouldn’t have a problem figuring out the logistics. 

You do know that 60,000 season tickets have already been sold, right? 

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Leon, that’s called a bender.  Bud I’m just kidding as too easy.  I’m glad you’re ok, and if you did, maybe you had a mild case.  Seriously on Easter weekend, happy you’re ok.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha Oh yeah I definitely also had the Irish Flu for a couple days after that trip! ?

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/10/2020 at 10:16 AM, PetermansRedemption said:

I voted no, but I don’t attend games anyways. Can’t beat the view and comfort from home. That being said, stadiums are huge. I can’t see why they couldn’t devise some social distancing capacity for these games. Ticket revenue is such a small amount of revenue for the NFL. If a stadium has a capacity of 70,000 maybe sell 20,000 tickets, all seats spaced out strategically. Only have a gate for a certain amount of tickets at a certain amount of time. Spread the entrance times out amongst 2 hours. If you have X section you go to X gate at X time kind of thing. It sounds more complicated than I think it would be. You section off seats. Skipping a row or some seats between people. On the ticket you print what gate they are to enter and at what time. An organization as large as the NFL shouldn’t have a problem figuring out the logistics. 

How do those 20,000 fans maintain the social distancing that would be required for the 3-4 hours they would need to. Yeah their seats are 1 or 2 seats away from another person, but when you go in line for food or to use the rest room, there is just no way this would work. We either can attend a sold out stadium in september, or the games will be played in front of nobody. There isn't an in between.

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/10/2020 at 1:51 PM, hondo in seattle said:

Until the Covid 19 storm blows over, I'm avoiding all public places as best I can.  First of all, I'm 61 and my lungs have been screwed up since the Gulf War (oil fires?  chemical agents?). 

Plus, I don't want to become a carrier who gets other people sick.

Like BisonMan, I'm not expecting a vaccine or effective treatment by the 2020 NFL season.  

Thank you for your service? Stay healthy!!!

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, wagon127 said:

How do those 20,000 fans maintain the social distancing that would be required for the 3-4 hours they would need to. Yeah their seats are 1 or 2 seats away from another person, but when you go in line for food or to use the rest room, there is just no way this would work. We either can attend a sold out stadium in september, or the games will be played in front of nobody. There isn't an in between.

Eh, all the same anyways. I watch from home. 

On 4/10/2020 at 9:28 AM, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

Although I was unable to be tested, my symptoms and my doc indicate that I probably had the ‘Rona already, so I’d like to think I’d be good to go whenever the season starts. 

Same here. Sore throat. Spiked a fever and Bronchitus within hours. Good ole salt water, gse and vitamins brought me through it 

Edited by fansince88

11 hours ago, TroutDog said:

Thanks for the info. I am absolutely immuno-compromised but can still get vaccines as they aren’t ‘live’ versions. My oncologist stresses emphatically every time I see him that fact. Ugh. 

You will make it. I am sorry for what you are going through.

• Like (+1) 1

I think I might have had the virus in February.  All the symptoms people describe: fatigue, chills, fever, super congestion and labored breathing, the WORST cough I've ever had.  And it lasted a good 2 weeks.  Cough was so bad I couldn't sleep through the night most nights.  I thought it was the worst flu ever had or maybe pneumonia.  I told my wife I had some type of bionic flu.  She wanted to take me to urgent care a couple different times, but I wouldn't go.  At the time I had never heard of Coronavirus.   

Several co-workers had similar experiences before and after me.  Of course we all missed a few days of work then dragged our asses back in because no one wants to keep missing work.  Dragged being the operative word.  Folks should be very careful about rushing to get back to "normal."  Reports out of South Korea are stating people who recovered from the virus are beginning to test positive again.  

On 4/10/2020 at 1:35 PM, Leonhart2017 said:

I think I already had it from when I went to Vegas back in January. I had a brutal dry cough and fever for about 4 days even had to miss some school and work. It eventually went away though but it was so random and so brutal it made wonder.

I had something that matched the symptoms at end of january. Dr and hospital refused to allow me on to premises but I was cleared for travel to Vegas from feb 7th to 11th over the phone. 

I would absolutely attend a game today if I could. My uncle passed earlier this week from it after having heart surgery. Sucks but life must go on. 

Edited by Not at the table Karlos

36 minutes ago, purple haze said:

I think I might have had the virus in February.  All the symptoms people describe: fatigue, chills, fever, super congestion and labored breathing, the WORST cough I've ever had.  And it lasted a good 2 weeks.  Cough was so bad I couldn't sleep through the night most nights.  I thought it was the worst flu ever had or maybe pneumonia.  I told my wife I had some type of bionic flu.  She wanted to take me to urgent care a couple different times, but I wouldn't go.  At the time I had never heard of Coronavirus.   .  

This exact thing happened to me in December. First of all, I rarely ever get sick. I maybe miss one day a year. I never miss more than one day. The sickness in late December knocked me right on my ass. Missed a week of work. Had it for around 7 days including the weekend. Fatigue, chills, fever, and a cough that sounded like bronchitis. Went to urgent care. They tested for strep, it was negative. They didn’t test for the flu but that was my diagnosis. I guess I’ll find out for sure once they can run the antibody test. 

Edited by PetermansRedemption