Would You Attend A Bills Game Without A Covid-19 Vaccine?

Would You Attend A Bills Game Without A Covid-19 Vaccine?  

391 members have voted

1. 1. Would You Attend A Bills Game Without A Covid-19 Vaccine?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe (Depending on developments, seating plan, etc?)

I had the flu about 3 weeks before this pandemic started.

The doctor told me that rapid tests are only about 60% accurate and I have every sign it’s the flu....she diagnosed me with the flu without testing me.

I really wonder if it had it because I’ve never had the flu that hurt so bad.  I never had breathing problems though....

Until the Covid 19 storm blows over, I'm avoiding all public places as best I can.  First of all, I'm 61 and my lungs have been screwed up since the Gulf War (oil fires?  chemical agents?). 

Plus, I don't want to become a carrier who gets other people sick.

Like BisonMan, I'm not expecting a vaccine or effective treatment by the 2020 NFL season.  

• Like (+1) 2

I took the ultimate Switzerland route here and said maybe. Maybe to me though depends more on what transpires between now and then. I’d lean towards yes if I had to pick but if a game was played today I would be a no. My “yes” lean is assuming that we continue to learn and improve the situation between now and then. I don’t necessarily need the vaccine to go but need some progress from this current situation.

• Like (+1) 4

29 minutes ago, BuffaloBill963 said:

Omg people ?

Corona is a mild flu at best. Everyone tests positive for it because it's so easy to pick up a strain that never does anything just like herpes simplex. 

PLEASE just look up the huge amount of doctors with better credentials than anyone you see on tv absolutely baffled and disturbed by all this bs. Italy is now reporting 88% of their people died from non coronavirus related illnesses. Go on the CDC website right now. They are telling doctors to mark cause of death as covid based on loose assumptions. Unprecedented. COVID-19 does not even fulfill Koch's postulates--it's not even a confirmed virus!

This is all a ploy to enact martial law (it's already in place if you can't tell), full police state, and to force mandatory vaccinations along with Bill Gates' ID2020 (along with about 10 more operations including crashing the economy and transitioning to digital currency (already passed two weeks ago)).

DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES GET ANY OFFERED VACCINE OR ID INJECTION

Stop allowing others to think for you. Kneejerk react all you want but this is what's actually happening. I'm sure a bunch of you will select the laughing emoji because it's the extent of your ability to process alternate information, but good luck. Especially if you get the 'vaccine.' And while you're at it, research vaccines and virology and the joke of a history both have. If being able to attend a football game is your reason for allowing Bill Gates to inject you then you have more to worry about (maybe look up his history in Africa and India--or not). 

Some of this is a bit “ out there” to me, but much of it isn’t all that far off from reality. Without going full PPP here, let’s just say how you vote may have a correlation with how easily you cede your rights and freedoms to the state. 

Edited by Boatdrinks

Hard Pass.  F No.  My best childhood friend is getting a trach tube today having fought for his life on a vent for two weeks.  Only a true and utter idiot would take this thing lightly, or consider it a "simple flu".  Good luck with that.  I'll send flowers.  Maybe dead ones.

And there's not going to be a vaccine this year anyway, so it doesn't matter.

Now, as for televising games without a crowd, they'll essentially be like the first week of college bowl games in December, when Northeast Central Missouri A&T plays Mount St. Mary's Sisters of the Blind.  The game looks good until they pan away, or get a field level shot.  And then you realize there are 4 people at the 50 yard line, and three of them are the coach's siblings.  But with clever camera work, you don't even know.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Yep.  They are constantly calling me to give plasma for the COVID fight.  Being O Neg and then fighting and winning I guess it is in high demand.  So I give them as much as they are allowed to take, as often as they can take it.

Not a Medical guy so I am not sure if my O- applies to my plasma too, but I know they always want as much blood and now plasma as they can get.  I am always answering that call.

Now my biggest fear is getting sick and being in the hospital on my death bed, and the doctors come in and say "Good news, we can treat you! We just have to get 2 liters of MAJBobby flowing through ya."

I'd have a tough decision to make at that point!

But seriously, thank you and good job!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

6 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

"Maybe" seems like the logical choice here. Depends on the circumstances around what we find out from now until then.

If everything is the same, no.

If everything is the same at that time there would be no attending a game in NY. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Yep.  Fought the 'Rona and won, now I have the immunity.  It was an easy fight actually felt like the flu, I am going to attribute that to all the unknown shots the Army gave me for 20 years.  

I know I have given a ton of plasma already

Good for you.  Thanks for your service and for donating your plasma.  We're all in this together, and you have more than done your part. 

25 minutes ago, Whites Bay said:

Hard Pass.  F No.  My best childhood friend is getting a trach tube today having fought for his life on a vent for two weeks.  Only a true and utter idiot would take this thing lightly, or consider it a "simple flu".  Good luck with that.  I'll send flowers.  Maybe dead ones.

And there's not going to be a vaccine this year anyway, so it doesn't matter.

Now, as for televising games without a crowd, they'll essentially be like the first week of college bowl games in December, when Northeast Central Missouri A&T plays Mount St. Mary's Sisters of the Blind.  The game looks good until they pan away, or get a field level shot.  And then you realize there are 4 people at the 50 yard line, and three of them are the coach's siblings.  But with clever camera work, you don't even know.

The crowd thing is going to be interesting.  The theory here is that the in-stadium crowds help viewership.  I wonder if nets pipe in crowd noise and try to use a little VR effect to "paste" fans into backgrounds.  

6 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

The crowd thing is going to be interesting.  The theory here is that the in-stadium crowds help viewership.  I wonder if nets pipe in crowd noise and try to use a little VR effect to "paste" fans into backgrounds.  

Fans will be more starved for live sports programming in September than they are already. The networks won’t need to resort to phony piped in noise or graphics to draw viewers. Play by play is fine and cameras won’t do the obligatory panning  around the stadium. 

5 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

There’s a lot of context lacking here... will quicker tests be mass distributed by then? Will there be safe approved meds to quell or alleviate symptoms? And will these factors help with healthcare facilities finally being caught up by then to the point where it’s much more manageable and not nearly the risk and issue that it is now? 

im not gonna vote on just a yes or no question. Too much missing. 

I voted maybe. How can you possibly predict what the situation will be when it’s time for football. Would I go today? %$&# no! I had a NASTY respiratory illness in January, but there is no way I’d just assume it was COVID-19 without testing. That could be a deadly assumption. 

I’ll wait and see where this goes before saying anything other than “maybe”. It’s the only prudent answer unless you’ve been tested and are deemed to be safe.  

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Augie said:

I voted maybe. How can you possibly predict what the situation will be when it’s time for football. Would I go today? %$&# no! I had a NASTY respiratory illness in January, but there is no way I’d just assume it was COVID-19 without testing. That could be a deadly assumption. 

I’ll wait and see where this goes before saying anything other than “maybe”. It’s the only prudent answer unless you’ve been tested and are deemed to be safe.  

i agree. once the "maybe" option was available that's the one i voted for. i couldn't care less about myself getting this illness, but i also have to think about my loved ones. which includes my mom and dad. both seniors with slight health issues. i also own and operate a small town gym where i work with 20+ individuals personally(young athletes to senior citizens) as well as maintaining 300+ members which has plenty of at risk individuals. so even when things open back up my guard will be up. no need to risk any sort of easy exposure like that over a football game. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

If we get to the point where stadiums are open, I'm sure that means the threat has passed. If there is still significant risk, the stadiums will not open. Plain and simple. Games may still be played, but they won't allow 60,000+ fans attend.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

If they came out with an antibody test specific to this coronavirus that showed I was immune or had already had it, then yes. Or if they came out with enough doses of the specific antibodies they are working on producing that would render the virus ineffective by binding to the sites it needs to infect us and we could simply get an injection once we got it then yes.  

Edited by matter2003

2 minutes ago, MJS said:

If we get to the point where stadiums are open, I'm sure that means the threat has passed. If there is still significant risk, the stadiums will not open. Plain and simple. Games may still be played, but they won't allow 60,000+ fans attend.

right. if ya think about it, there really isn't much point to this discussion. if there's a threat they aren't allowing those venues to open. It does seem pretty cut and dry at this point.