Would You Attend A Bills Game Without A Covid-19 Vaccine?

Would You Attend A Bills Game Without A Covid-19 Vaccine?  

391 members have voted

1. 1. Would You Attend A Bills Game Without A Covid-19 Vaccine?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe (Depending on developments, seating plan, etc?)

12 minutes ago, jimmy10 said:

My wife and I have our health, but it’s not about us, it’s about everyone we could pass it to. Elderly parents with underlying issues, just other people in general. 

By September this should be just a bad memory....hopefully.

• Like (+1) 3

No. I have high risk family members that I’m in frequent contact with and I am higher risk myself. I don’t see myself attending any crowded events until there is a vaccine. I couldn’t live with myself if I gave this to one of my family members and they died.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Right now I would say no. I don't see any reason to put public health at risk for a football game. People haven mentioned that its an outdoor stadium but the concourses, bathrooms and the line to get in will be tightly packed groups of drunk people chanting the shout song. I recently read about a choir group that got together as this was just ramping up and like 45 of the 60 people got sick and 5 died. I wouldn't risk it personally and I'd like to get back to "normal" as soon as possible

If we get to August and have this under control, I would go but I'm listening to the CDC before making any decision

32 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

I hope you are right, but I think its more likely we look back on 2020 as "The Lost Year" I wouldnt expect us to go back to normal any time soon. The majority of the country is under strict shelter in place rules. If that stays in place, no football game is happening, certainly not with fans

• Like (+1) 5

53 minutes ago, TBBills Fan said:

yeah me too....was hospitalized in January, felt like I was dying.......

They called it "Super Pneumonia" adn Drs couldnt agree if it was Viral or Bacterial.....

Then Covid came and my family recognized all of my symptoms were identical to Covid.....so I think I had it as well.  Actually considering taking the time to get my Dr records from the Hospital to check it out

I had a stretch of three or four days where it was really rough ... now I’m at the tail end I hope. Fever gone, aches gone and energy returning .... just a tickle in the throat at this point 

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Yep.  Fought the 'Rona and won, now I have the immunity.  It was an easy fight actually felt like the flu, I am going to attribute that to all the unknown shots the Army gave me for 20 years.  

I know I have given a ton of plasma already

Them military shots are something else. Unfortunately, I think my super serum is starting to wear off. Been out of the service for 20+ years.

43 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

Hopefully. But I’m not confident. 

14 minutes ago, BillsRdue said:

Hell to the no.  Go Bills. F Big Pharm!

Lots and lots of people out there with this attitude is one reason I’m not confident. 

1 hour ago, TBBills Fan said:

Then Covid came and my family recognized all of my symptoms were identical to Covid.....so I think I had it as well.  Actually considering taking the time to get my Dr records from the Hospital to check it out

Ask your doc about getting an antibody test. I don’t know how widespread or available those are yet. That should tell you. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Can you add an option for "maybe"?

Would some kind of social distancing (every other seat, alternating rows) be in play or would it be seating as usual?

Will widespread serology (antibody) testing be available so that we can know whether or not we have had a mild case and are now immune?

Is there an effective treatment protocol worked out - treatment with convalescent plasma for seriously ill people, some drug therapy?

Would everyone in attendance and all stadium workers be required to mask?  Maybe the owners could distribute "Bills fabric" or "Bills logo" masks?

If so, maybe

If not, No.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Can you add an option for "maybe"?

Would some kind of social distancing (every other seat, alternating rows) be in play or would it be seating as usual?

Will widespread serology (antibody) testing be available so that we can know whether or not we have had a mild case and are now immune?

Is there an effective treatment protocol worked out - treatment with convalescent plasma for seriously ill people, some drug therapy?

Would everyone in attendance and all stadium workers be required to mask?  Maybe the owners could distribute "Bills fabric" or "Bills logo" masks?

If so, maybe

If not, No.

Done.

PSA:

2 hours ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

Although I was unable to be tested, my symptoms and my doc indicate that I probably had the ‘Rona already, so I’d like to think I’d be good to go whenever the season starts. 

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

Yep.  Fought the 'Rona and won, now I have the immunity.  It was an easy fight actually felt like the flu, I am going to attribute that to all the unknown shots the Army gave me for 20 years.  

I know I have given a ton of plasma already

1 hour ago, TBBills Fan said:

yeah me too....was hospitalized in January, felt like I was dying.......

They called it "Super Pneumonia" adn Drs couldnt agree if it was Viral or Bacterial.....

To MAJ Bobby, assuming you mean you have donated plasma for covid-19, Thank You!

To you other guys - please consider to call your covid-19 info line and ask if you can be given an antibody test for covid-19 (this test will tell if you have had the disease).  If you test positive, please consider becoming a plasma donor.  "Convalescent plasma" (plasma from a person who had the disease and recovered) is the surest-bet helpful thing a seriously ill covid-19 patient can receive right now (it was found to be helpful in covid-19's relative, SARS), and the life you save could be the nurse or doctor who will take care of your loved one in 2 months or the police officer who will respond when you have an emergency.  https://ccpp19.org/donors/index.html

• Like (+1) 7

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

PSA:

To MAJ Bobby, assuming you mean you have donated plasma for covid-19, Thank You!

To you other guys - please consider to call your covid-19 info line and ask if you can be given an antibody test for covid-19 (this test will tell if you have had the disease).  If you test positive, please consider becoming a plasma donor.  "Convalescent plasma" (plasma from a person who had the disease and recovered) is the surest-bet helpful thing a seriously ill covid-19 patient can receive right now (it was found to be helpful in covid-19's relative, SARS), and the life you save could be the nurse or doctor who will take care of your loved one in 2 months or the police officer who will respond when you have an emergency.  https://ccpp19.org/donors/index.html

Yep.  They are constantly calling me to give plasma for the COVID fight.  Being O Neg and then fighting and winning I guess it is in high demand.  So I give them as much as they are allowed to take, as often as they can take it.

Not a Medical guy so I am not sure if my O- applies to my plasma too, but I know they always want as much blood and now plasma as they can get.  I am always answering that call.

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Awesome! (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 5

I am in if they have the games and fans. I think we will see tons of folks with masks on ( somehow rigged so we can still drink beers) and possibly temp scand before entrance, gates open at 10:00 and Bills get an exemption from the no alcohol sold before noon law.

And I just cant see any way they do any kind of "social distancing" at the stadium. How are they going to decide who gets to go the game? Even sections one game, odd the next? Upper bowl one game, lower the next? What if everyone wants the opener?

I don't think I'll be going to any games this year.  I used to go to every home game a decade ago, but I've cut down to 1 game in Buffalo & games when the Bills are in NJ (Usually the Jets, but last year I went to both Jets & Giants games. 

I was hoping to get to see the Bills out west if they were scheduled to play in Las Vegas or San Francisco around Thanksgiving week, but I doubt I'll be making my annual trip to California this year since I'm old & in the endangered group.  

Until there's a vaccine or it's totally gone, I won't be going to any games or flying anywhere.  

• Like (+1) 1

So, are the seats in the top row of the upper deck now the best seats?  Just imagine all those virus laden ‘Shout’ beer droplets raining down on you in the lower bowl.     And,  I wanna be upwind.     Lol

Edited by Bob in Mich
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

I had a heart attack 6 months ago so I am on the endangered species list ;) 

That said I am not too worried God has had plenty of opportunities to take me including last year ;) 

I missed going to every game last year (watched on tv)and I want to get to them all this year.

Besides I don't drink Corona ;) 

Good Luck and God Bless you.

I will say a prayer for you . :)

JMF and Trout, prayers to both of you and honestly I like you guys so please don’t come unless a vaccine.  No game is ever worth it.  God bless, I am very healthy, and my kids and I fly up every year for a game in September and get a dozen and a half of my relatives all go together.  Not this year, and won’t go to any Bucs games until we have a vaccine, or a Lightning game as my middle son loves hockey.  Just not a smart move for even the most healthy person.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Yep.  They are constantly calling me to give plasma for the COVID fight.  Being O Neg and then fighting and winning I guess it is in high demand.  So I give them as much as they are allowed to take, as often as they can take it.

Not a Medical guy so I am not sure if my O- applies to my plasma too, but I know they always want as much blood and now plasma as they can get.  I am always answering that call.

That’s awesome, thank you.

• Like (+1) 2