Would You Attend A Bills Game Without A Covid-19 Vaccine?

Would You Attend A Bills Game Without A Covid-19 Vaccine?  

391 members have voted

1. 1. Would You Attend A Bills Game Without A Covid-19 Vaccine?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe (Depending on developments, seating plan, etc?)

This survey suggests that a majority of fans would not attend a game before Covid-19 vaccines are made available to the public. Considering the fact that that seems highly unlikely before this upcoming NFL season, let’s take a poll of Bills fans. Are you in or out this season without a vaccine?

https://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/29018209/poll-fans-attend-games-vaccine

Edited by ChevyVanMiller

There’s a lot of context lacking here... will quicker tests be mass distributed by then? Will there be safe approved meds to quell or alleviate symptoms? And will these factors help with healthcare facilities finally being caught up by then to the point where it’s much more manageable and not nearly the risk and issue that it is now? 

im not gonna vote on just a yes or no question. Too much missing. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 4

7 minutes ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

Although I was unable to be tested, my symptoms and my doc indicate that I probably had the ‘Rona already, so I’d like to think I’d be good to go whenever the season starts. 

Glad you are safe! 

• Like (+1) 1

Not sure right now for myself but I think it depends.   If we were to knock this thing down, get back to "normal" over the summer and see no significant flare ups I think the answer could be yes for many.  But it seems increasingly unlikely that will happen.  But it is hard to know right now, even scientists dont have varying predictions.

• Like (+1) 3

16 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

There’s a lot of context lacking here... will quicker tests be mass distributed by then? Will there be safe approved meds to quell or alleviate symptoms? And will these factors help with healthcare facilities finally being caught up by then to the point where it’s much more manageable and not nearly the risk and issue that it is now? 

im not gonna vote on just a yes or no question. Too much missing. 

We'll put you down as a no.

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Mike in Horseheads said:

We'll put you down as a no.

Not necessarily. All those things could be good to go by then. 

7 minutes ago, mattynh said:

Not sure right now for myself but I think it depends.   If we were to knock this thing down, get back to "normal" over the summer and see no significant flare ups I think the answer could be yes for many.  But it seems increasingly unlikely that will happen.  But it is hard to know right now, even scientists dont have varying predictions.

This is exactly what I was getting at earlier in the thread. A “yes or no” poll lacks context. 

Who knows

Will there be a season?
Will the border be open, will us long time Canadian season ticket holders have a chance?
Will it be one person for every 5 seats?
Based on seniority, 20 years or longer?

Will it all have blown over and we'll be laughing about it?

I'm hoping it's all blown over and we can share a drink and laugh about it.

• Like (+1) 1

My assumption is that there will be no vaccine available anytime during the NFL season and probably not until late Spring 2021. I do think there will be some treatments that will provide a significant reduction of symptoms in the most severe cases (like serum therapy). However, these likely won't be available for those with more "mild" symptoms, which for COVID-19 are pretty severe. Being an outdoor stadium helps here as there is a slightly lower change of spread there but, because the Bills will be REALLY GOOD this year, I'd expect the stadium to be more occupied than not. Sellouts will be rare and tickets will be cheap on the aftermarket.

I personally would not take the chance on getting it by attending a crowded event unless I know I've already had it. ?

So, that's a NO. ?

• Like (+1) 2

I had a heart attack 6 months ago so I am on the endangered species list ;) 

That said I am not too worried God has had plenty of opportunities to take me including last year ;) 

I missed going to every game last year (watched on tv)and I want to get to them all this year.

Besides I don't drink Corona ;) 

23 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

I’d love to say yes but I am 50 and have cancer. Can’t do it, unfortunately. I basically have no immune system. 

Good Luck and God Bless you.

I will say a prayer for you . :)

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I voted no, but I don’t attend games anyways. Can’t beat the view and comfort from home. That being said, stadiums are huge. I can’t see why they couldn’t devise some social distancing capacity for these games. Ticket revenue is such a small amount of revenue for the NFL. If a stadium has a capacity of 70,000 maybe sell 20,000 tickets, all seats spaced out strategically. Only have a gate for a certain amount of tickets at a certain amount of time. Spread the entrance times out amongst 2 hours. If you have X section you go to X gate at X time kind of thing. It sounds more complicated than I think it would be. You section off seats. Skipping a row or some seats between people. On the ticket you print what gate they are to enter and at what time. An organization as large as the NFL shouldn’t have a problem figuring out the logistics. 

Yep.  Fought the 'Rona and won, now I have the immunity.  It was an easy fight actually felt like the flu, I am going to attribute that to all the unknown shots the Army gave me for 20 years.  

I know I have given a ton of plasma already

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

53 minutes ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

Although I was unable to be tested, my symptoms and my doc indicate that I probably had the ‘Rona already, so I’d like to think I’d be good to go whenever the season starts. 

yeah me too....was hospitalized in January, felt like I was dying.......

They called it "Super Pneumonia" adn Drs couldnt agree if it was Viral or Bacterial.....

Then Covid came and my family recognized all of my symptoms were identical to Covid.....so I think I had it as well.  Actually considering taking the time to get my Dr records from the Hospital to check it out

• Like (+1) 3