Is there anyone here who sat in the stands at the 1993 playoff game against the Raiders?

njbuff

That had to be the coldest experience ever sitting in the stands.

It was cold that the padding that I used as a buffer between my azz and the bleacher seats, stuck to my azz.

I can't even count the amounts of layers of clothes I used too.

What was your experience like? If you were there?

• Like (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, njbuff said:

That had to be the coldest experience ever sitting in the stands.

It was cold that the padding that I used as a buffer between my azz and the bleacher seats, stuck to my azz.

I can't even count the amounts of layers of clothes I used too.

What was your experience like? If you were there?

Pics? 

Oh, wait! Never mind! 

?

• Haha (+1) 2

I always remember how unprepared for the cold the Raiders were on the sideline.  Some guys were wearing long leather 'dusters' that looked cool, but provided no warmth.  Their whole team just froze up in the second half.

First downs:            Raiders      Bills

First half                      14              7

Second half                   1            18

• Like (+1) 1

I was there.  Tunnel end zone.  It was cold.   Tense game.  Steve Tasker, stud kick off return.   I remember some DL shooting his mouth off during the week.  Wasn’t Howie Long.   He finished with no tackles, no sacks, no pressures.   Willie Gault, who caught Tasker,  had more tackles than the DL.  May have been Townsend.

Edited by Neo
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, HavUHerdThaHoard said:

was there 51-3 if i recall right was   iced over  drove up in back of  bro in laws  pick up truck lol .... and all i recall is   screaming of " howie "(long ) and  just lose baby !~

That was the AFC championship game in 1991, I think.  I was there too.  

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, HavUHerdThaHoard said:

was there 51-3 if i recall right was   iced over  drove up in back of  bro in laws  pick up truck lol .... and all i recall is   screaming of " howie "(long ) and  just lose baby !~

I was deep in the Arabian Desert for the Gulf War when the Bills beat the Raiders 51-3.  No ice where I was - nothing much besides sand & sun.  I wasn't even able to watch that game on tv.  But when I heard the score, I felt really, really good about our Super Bowl chances.   

Well, we all know how that turned out.  The war went as well as a war can go.  The big game...  I'm glad I didn't get  to see that one either.

24 minutes ago, HavUHerdThaHoard said:

That was the first Raider playoff game.  This one was 29 to 23, or so.

Got there about 7:30 to tailgate. Our Beer froze, had to thaw it in the car.  Our propane froze, so we could not grill, tailgate was chips and icy beer.  Dressed like the Michelin man, could barely move.  Worth every minute of it. Lol

This is not the 51-3 game. I do not remember the exact score but I sat in the second row at about the 12 yard line and Tasker flew by us on a kick return. I will say I got there early and some Raiders came out trying to act tough with bare arms for a few minutes before they understood how cold it was.