Brandon cooks/4th round pick traded to Texans for pick 57

2 hours ago, Augie said:

Yep.........for the BILLS! Let’s ship all that talent out of the AFC. 

Seriously, what is wrong with this guy that everybody wants him, but only briefly. 

I believe that the Rams did this merely to clear cap space.  They over spent on their super bowl run and now the bill is due.  They also spent a bunch on Jalen Ramsey.

11 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Independent of the Hopkins trade I like this trade for the Texans. But in totality the two moves clearly leave the team worse than it was before.

The big reason I would disagree is the money Cooks gets.  Now I know that LA paid a bunch, but man this guys is overpayed big time for what he provides.  He is going to be a cut candidate shortly to get his salary back in line and now he is your cut candidate.

In this draft - I would rather have a cost controlled 2nd round rookie that might need time to develop over a highly paid veteran than has not lived up to his hype in 3 other cities.

• Like (+1) 3

10 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

O’Brien? He’s an idiot, capable of anything. I’m not even sure what I’d want? Mercilus?

Hi Bill, I hope you're safe and doing well. I was thinking and I think I've got a really good idea to help both of our teams. We'll give you every player on our roster with the last name Williams plus a 2021 5th round pick, and in return you give us every player on your roster whose last name starts with Wat. It's a heck of a deal! Think about it. 

• Haha (+1) 4

12 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Randall Cobb and Cooks on the same teams seems a but redundant, but I think it will help Watson. But losing Hopkins is just inexcusable. 

I think Cooks and Fuller are more the pair I don't see together. Cobb will play in the slot I'd imagine like he did for Dallas last year. With those 3 and Stills they have 4 capable and competent receivers even if replacing an all world player in Hopkins is tough and they have a very good Quarterback. Their oline did get a little better last year and with Tytus Howard and Max Scharping in their second year it is reasonable to expect another incremental step there. The Texans will still put up points. The issue is can they stop anybody? Their defense is in dire need of a talent infusion and they have one 2nd, one 3rd, two 4th and a 5th (plus three 7ths). They have to hit home runs on some of those mid round picks. 

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, MJS said:

How the heck does this guy keep getting traded every season?

"Hey, Mister G.M., I am trying to build my closet full of game worn jerseys, Ryan Fitzpatrick level.  Can you help me out?"

I hope Cooks and the fourth rounder decide to volunteer in the Civilian Covid Corps, fighting the bug instead of playing for the BOB.  ?

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

That doesn’t change the fact that he’s a moron capable of anything. Every GM should be trying to deal with him. He’s Jason Botterill. 

I have no doubt Beane has tried/is trying.  Too bad he's not coaching an NFC team.

14 hours ago, DJB said:

Bob making trades

giphy.gif

I thought his $#!+ don't stink?!?!?!

1 hour ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Hi Bill, I hope you're safe and doing well. I was thinking and I think I've got a really good idea to help both of our teams. We'll give you every player on our roster with the last name Williams plus a 2021 5th round pick, and in return you give us every player on your roster whose last name starts with Wat. It's a heck of a deal! Think about it. 

Yesssss yesssss, 1st they need to trade for TJ then ughhhh yesssssss

14 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

They basically traded away Hopkins and pick number 57 for Brandin Cooks (on a big contract) pick 43 and a future 4th round pick. BOB is the worst GM in the league. They could have easily gotten the Diggs package for Hopkins while still trading for Cooks and had pick 22 instead of 47 and still have pocketed the 4th in 2021 AND gotten extra mid round picks. 

I mean the hopkins deal is so bad in a vacuum that adding this deal to it makes the sum of the deals terrible.  This isn't a bad deal imo.  Guys gone over 1000 yards receiving in 4 of 6 years.  Between him, fuller, stills, cobb they have a pretty good crew, and you tack on a RB who's more flexible than Hyde.  Only problem is like all of these guys are injury concerns.

And when you factor in that all of his guaranteed money is already paid out, its basically a year to year deal at this point, and super flexible from a cap perspective - you can move base salary to further years etc.  

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I think Cooks and Fuller are more the pair I don't see together. Cobb will play in the slot I'd imagine like he did for Dallas last year. With those 3 and Stills they have 4 capable and competent receivers even if replacing an all world player in Hopkins is tough and they have a very good Quarterback. Their oline did get a little better last year and with Tytus Howard and Max Scharping in their second year it is reasonable to expect another incremental step there. The Texans will still put up points. The issue is can they stop anybody? Their defense is in dire need of a talent infusion and they have one 2nd, one 3rd, two 4th and a 5th (plus three 7ths). They have to hit home runs on some of those mid round picks. 

Just feels like every year they're getting busy NOT paying players.  Then trading for others.  It's strange.  

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Doc said:

I have no doubt Beane has tried/is trying.  Too bad he's not coaching an NFC team.

I mean obviously O’Brien would rather trade out of conference but he’s a moron. He gave 2 1sts, a 2nd and 2 players for Tunsil, Stills, a 4th & 6th. That was within the AFC. The guy’s an idiot and capable of anything. He’s, by miles, the worst GM in football. Just keep calling and wait him out!! 

If they had a guy that I wanted I would leak to a source in the media that said guy criticized O’Brien. I’d make the guy out to be a bad guy. My next phone call would be to O’Brien to see if he wanted to unload this locker room problem.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2