Tre & Shady talk about the Vontae Davis retirement

9 hours ago, MyDogLuvsPB said:

My own beef with VD is if he knew his heart wasn't in it to play for Buffalo WTF sign?  That doesn't make sense at all!!  Was his family in jeopardy or he himself under some kind of threat?  It's beyond stupid. 

He wanted to play in Buffalo. He wanted to keep playing football.

He made it through OTAs and camp, and then the season started and after a game and a half he realized he couldnt keep up with the young players anymore. And for a CB, that is impossible to hide because you will get burnt over and over. And when you cant do it physically, the heart goes soon after.

The only mistake he made was not waiting until the game was over.

I wish i could have heard the entire thing just to know exactly what they as team mates thought of what he did i'd say that was the low point in his career !

V. Davis, A. Boldin & T Cousinoe should be the all time Bills quitters team !!

1 hour ago, T master said:

I wish i could have heard the entire thing just to know exactly what they as team mates thought of what he did i'd say that was the low point in his career !

Don't forget Gary Anderson.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, The Jerk said:

Good to hear them put this jerk in his place.

Uhhh, theyre all friends and they never even talked any trash. Just told the story exactly as it happened.

My friends and I all have stupid ***** we laugh at each other for doing.

3 hours ago, T master said:

I'm unfamiliar with the third, but I have no problem with Boldin deciding his heart wasn't in it in camp and retiring immediately.

• Like (+1) 2

59 minutes ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

Glad we can laugh about it now .... that turned into an embarrassing day for the franchise 

Yes, that was a rough day.

The torches & pitchforks came out from many Bills fans saying that McDermott & Beane were in over their heads and both should be fired the following day.

How times change.

• Like (+1) 2

On 4/10/2020 at 7:08 AM, GunnerBill said:

Agreed. Him realising he didn't have it and retiring two games into a season I have no problem with. I actually have sympathy with him. I grew up with a dad who played pro soccer and I remember the mental anguish when the realisation dawned that it was over. It is easy for fans to laugh at but it is horrible. 

Where I have no sympathy for Vontae and where he absolutely deserved ridicule is retiring half way through a game. That is abandoning your team. Finish the game out, go home, come into the facility with all your gear on Monday and go and knock on the Coach's door and explain it like an adult. What Vontae did was childish and wrong. 

I don’t even have a problem with him knowing at halftime. If your heart isn’t in it then you’re hurting the team. BUT, you don’t walk out of the stadium with no explanation. Tell your coach and teammates that you don’t feel right and that you’re costing the team by playing at less than 100%. I doubt anyone would’ve had an issue.

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Herc11 said:

"Unc" Vontae ?

20 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Yes, that was a rough day.

The torches & pitchforks came out from many Bills fans saying that McDermott & Beane were in over their heads and both should be fired the following day.

How times change.

I really have no recollection of such feelings by the fans. In general I recall anti-VD feelings but not much against McBeane

22 hours ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

Glad we can laugh about it now .... that turned into an embarrassing day for the franchise 

I disagree. 

5 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

"Unc" Vontae ?

I really have no recollection of such feelings by the fans. In general I recall anti-VD feelings but not much against McBeane

I disagree. 

It was a laughing point for the National media and the narrative was that it’s so bad in buffalo, guys quit at halftime. You weren’t paying attention. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

It was a laughing point for the National media and the narrative was that it’s so bad in buffalo, guys quit at halftime. You weren’t paying attention. 

This one will go down as "he said", "she said" between you and me. Both have different recollections of the media narrative, doesnt make either one right or wrong and certainly not to be accused as not paying attention.