Tre & Shady talk about the Vontae Davis retirement

That was GREAT.

But, I wanted to hear what Tre was gonna say about that abomination in Baltimore the week before...

EDIT: nvm..I just watched the whole thing. Hilarious! They talk about a lot of stuff. I guess Vontae just wanted the game check in Baltimore the week before.

Edited by Sig1Hunter
  • Like (+1) 2

Can someone tell me where to watch these Instagram live videos. I can never find them. I don’t have an Instagram account, so I need one?

Edit - looks like a have to create an account. 

1 hour ago, Sig1Hunter said:

That was GREAT.

But, I wanted to hear what Tre was gonna say about that abomination in Baltimore the week before...

EDIT: nvm..I just watched the whole thing. Hilarious! They talk about a lot of stuff. I guess Vontae just wanted the game check in Baltimore the week before.

Link? 

Edited by BillsFan4

4 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Can someone tell me where to watch these Instagram live videos. I can never find them. I don’t have an Instagram account, so I need one?

Link? 

Pretty much yes. Unless folks post them. I dont have IG either, and this isnt enough for me to go to the dark side.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Pretty much yes. Unless folks post them. I dont have IG either, and this isnt enough for me to go to the dark side.

Yeah I tried to creat an IG account once. I don’t know what happened but when I went to sign in for the first time it said my account was locked (how could I violate tos before ever even signing in?!). Then they wanted me to take a picture of myself with my drivers license to unlock it so I just never tried again.

2 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

Edit - looks like a have to create an account. 

Link? 

It was on Shadys IG story line. No clue if I can link that.

• Thank you (+1) 1

What I like about this video is that it reminds me what good friends you make playing sports, and how much fun you have with those friends.  

Look at the two of them, seven years apart in age, from different parts of the country, played together for only two years, and you can see the bond between them.  Sports isn't the only place where you can make friends like that, but it's one of the best.  

• Like (+1) 18

It has to be devastating when you realize that you just can't do it anymore and your playing career is over.  I understand the retirement after going through the whole offseason thinking you can still bring it.  None of us can imagine how that might feel, the finality of it.  With that said, he should have gone to Frazier, taken himself out of the game and supported his teammates through the 2nd half.  He could have retired after the game and people would have a lot more respect for it....

Edited by cage
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

That was great.  White's got the crackhead Chappelle character's voice down. 

I still get a kick out of thinking about someone in a car driving down route 20 listening to the 2nd half of that game only to see Vontae Davis pass you.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I watched them live chat last night. Took Shady a little while to get it working mind you. 

6 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

What I like about this video is that it reminds me what good friends you make playing sports, and how much fun you have with those friends.  

Look at the two of them, seven years apart in age, from different parts of the country, played together for only two years, and you can see the bond between them.  Sports isn't the only place where you can make friends like that, but it's one of the best.  

I have been told by people that Shady was loved by the younger players in the Bills locker room. If he rubbed anyone up the wrong way it tended to be the older guys. 

27 minutes ago, cage said:

It has to be devastating when you realize that you just can't do it anymore and your playing career is over.  I understand the retirement after going through the whole offseason thinking you can still bring it.  None of us can imagine how that might feel, the finality of it.  With that said, he should have gone to Frazier, taken himself out of the game and supported his teammates through the 2nd half.  He could have retired after the game and people would have a lot more respect for it....

Agreed. Him realising he didn't have it and retiring two games into a season I have no problem with. I actually have sympathy with him. I grew up with a dad who played pro soccer and I remember the mental anguish when the realisation dawned that it was over. It is easy for fans to laugh at but it is horrible. 

Where I have no sympathy for Vontae and where he absolutely deserved ridicule is retiring half way through a game. That is abandoning your team. Finish the game out, go home, come into the facility with all your gear on Monday and go and knock on the Coach's door and explain it like an adult. What Vontae did was childish and wrong. 

• Like (+1) 14
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, MyDogLuvsPB said:

My own beef with VD is if he knew his heart wasn't in it to play for Buffalo WTF sign?  That doesn't make sense at all!!  Was his family in jeopardy or he himself under some kind of threat?  It's beyond stupid. 

Probably because it was something he can make 5M dollars in a year doing.  Even if he thought he was done, its hard to turn down the money, what else can VD do to make cash?  There are not that many 5M dollar a year jobs out there.  And don't think he is the the exception to sign a contract at the end of their career knowing they are not likely to play much, it happens all the time and is one of the things GM's need to think about/consider when signing guys.