Wing surplus in US

BarleyNY

17 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

For some reason, I just remembered the old cartoon from the National Lampoon, showing the legless frog on the cart, watching the diners eating frog legs.  Now I'm picturing armless chickens.  ?

Main at Amherst, right?

Yes.  They had the wheel.  Freddy's Special.  I graduated from UB in '87.  I think they had a fire and closed during my UB career.  Ended up spending a lot of time at PJ's and 3rd Base.  PJ's had good 10 cent wings.  

Edited by Irv

2 hours ago, Irv said:

Yes.  They had the wheel.  Freddy's Special.  I graduated from UB in '87.  I think they had a fire and closed during my UB career.  Ended up spending a lot of time at PJ's and 3rd Base.  PJ's had good 10 cent wings.  

My brother rented one of the apartments above Third Base.  As for PJ Bottoms, I always enjoyed ribbing a coworker over his too many nights spent there, and their sign / slogan, which was 'Beer Booze Boogie', if I remember correctly.  I grew up not far from UB city campus.

On 4/9/2020 at 9:30 PM, Wacka said:

Bring back the 10 cent wing!  In the 80s, a night out was $5.  20 wings and a pitcher!

When I was at Brockport in the early 80s, on Monday nights, Casey's 50 wings for five bucks, and $5 Genny pitchers.