Golf courses now closed

Steve O

30 minutes ago, Steve O said:

My fault. Rejoined a private club today, and my new driver was waiting at the door when I got home.:wallbash:

https://www.wwnytv.com/2020/04/09/new-york-golf-courses-ordered-close/

they’ve been closed in PA for weeks now. All the golf clubs sought and were denied waivers too. 

it’s really ridiculous. why not at least open them for walkers (max 2 per tee)? 

image.thumb.png.d8e01393cb9dee68c7ad820430d931c2.png

They write $880 tickets here (Hamilton - Chedoke Golf Course) for being caught walking on closed golf courses.  Friends kid got one, her fiance got one too when they were walking together as they don't live at the same address.  I'm still thinking there's more to the story, but I saw the ticket.

18 minutes ago, driddles said:

They write $880 tickets here (Hamilton - Chedoke Golf Course) for being caught walking on closed golf courses.  Friends kid got one, her fiance got one too when they were walking together as they don't live at the same address.  I'm still thinking there's more to the story, but I saw the ticket.

The town and city governments are hurting for money. They aren’t getting their extortion money from the courts anymore so they’re looking for any little thing to make a buck.  

The town of Amherst went around with a group of people (none were over 6ft apart)  yesterday or the day before handing out letters stating the residents need to repair the sidewalk that the towns tree roots destroyed 30 years ago(literally the sidewalks have been like this for 30 years) We will be fined if we don’t repair it within a month. Have to take the tree down too. 

Nothing like not being able to work and government comes in and demands money for something they put in that caused damage.  So far everyone we called to fix it is closed and everyone in the house is disabled and on fixed income. Can’t wait for the fines to start coming in. 

Edited by Not at the table Karlos
  • Like (+1) 2

Yep, it’s the idiots that always ruin it for the non-idiots. 

I have been playing occasionally, guys I play with and me and almost all of the club doing the right things.

Most people walk, if in a cart 1 to a cart. keep at least 10 ft from each other, no touching any else’s ball, carry sanitizer in case ball hits flag or rests on foam in hole, or in case you just need it. 

Last Sunday we finish and a group of good ole boys standing right close to each other in a big circle, drinking beers , and settling  bets in CASH! WTF! 

That is why courses get closed! 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1

46 minutes ago, LewPort71 said:

My buddy and I walk with pull carts. He's a hooker. My shots go a tad to the right.  Eventually we meet on the green.

I have seen the 'good ole boys' thing and they are knotheads.

The 20th century called, they want their pull carts back (been using a push cart since the turn of the century.)

Speaking of the 20th century, a few years ago golf magazine had a tips through the years section. In the early 60's some guy wrote in saying his one iron would go about 240 yards, then fade 8-10 yards to the right, asked the author what he should do. The author said Turn pro!! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Yep, it’s the idiots that always ruin it for the non-idiots. 

I have been playing occasionally, guys I play with and me and almost all of the club doing the right things.

Most people walk, if in a cart 1 to a cart. keep at least 10 ft from each other, no touching any else’s ball, carry sanitizer in case ball hits flag or rests on foam in hole, or in case you just need it. 

Last Sunday we finish and a group of good ole boys standing right close to each other in a big circle, drinking beers , and settling  bets in CASH! WTF! 

That is why courses get closed! 

the good ole boys ruin it for everyone else. I love playing and walking by myself, or walking with 1 other buddy. It’s great exercise and a great way to be outside. 

a lot of the retiree crowd where I play though spends more time huddled together and socializing for hours and hours (and then griping to the rangers about the rest of us). 

23 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

The town and city governments are hurting for money. They aren’t getting their extortion money from the courts anymore so they’re looking for any little thing to make a buck.  

The town of Amherst went around with a group of people (none were over 6ft apart)  yesterday or the day before handing out letters stating the residents need to repair the sidewalk that the towns tree roots destroyed 30 years ago(literally the sidewalks have been like this for 30 years) We will be fined if we don’t repair it within a month. Have to take the tree down too. 

Nothing like not being able to work and government comes in and demands money for something they put in that caused damage.  So far everyone we called to fix it is closed and everyone in the house is disabled and on fixed income. Can’t wait for the fines to start coming in. 

i would notify the town that as long as they are giving up their right of easement from the center line of the road, i will gladly comply.

• Like (+1) 1