Ex NFL GM Michael Lombardi claims Tua has failed 2 NFL teams Physicals

6 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Who did physical on him if no team can do a proper physical? Or should I be reading headline as 2 teams think he is too risky right now to draft?

Titans team doctor. He’s been training in Nashville where he held his virtual pro day

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/10/2020 at 3:15 AM, KD in CA said:

All things being equal, I'd still believe the word of a guy who failed in the front office vs the word of a guy who's never worked outside of media.

Don't know if I'd say he failed in the front office either. Being fired by Cleveland may well mean you know what you're doing. And that's where Lombardi was last fired from.

After that he was hired by the Pats and quit after a year or two to switch professions.

" 'I’d love to stay at the Patriots, and Bill [Belichick] and I have a great relationship, however I thought it was time for me to go into another career.”

"Lombardi's reference to his contract expiring highlights how during his time in New England, he was still getting paid from the contract he signed to become Browns general manager in 2013. He was let go by the Browns after one season.

"Lombardi, who has now landed with Fox Sports as a football analyst, said he has been working on a book.

“ 'I thought if the clock was going too far along, I wasn’t going to have the time and opportunity to do that,' he said. 'It was my decision. Bill and I worked it out; there were only two people in the room when we decided what we were going to do.' ”

"Lombardi noted that he has spent more than 30 years in the NFL, and is the only person to work for Bill Walsh, Belichick and Al Davis, which is something he wants 'to put on paper' in the form of the book.

https://www.espn.com/blog/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4794850/michael-lombardi-explains-his-parting-of-ways-with-patriots

I'm not a huge fan, but he's OK.

Edited by Thurman#1

Wow, a football discussion that turns into hippy debate and tearing apart a guy who reports 2 teams are concerned about an injury. What is the big flipping deal. Whether a team is worried about an injury, a weak arm, poor wonderlic score, contact lenses or acne how does the reporter become the target. 

Thurman Thomas....end of discussion...