Ex NFL GM Michael Lombardi claims Tua has failed 2 NFL teams Physicals

2 hours ago, JohnC said:

Do you remember when Miami's doctors did not medically clear Brees? He went on to New Orleans to garner a SB ring and based on his distinguished career will earn a first ballot HOF induction.  Do you think Miami wants to earn that ignominious distinction on evaluating qbs again?  

I doubt the doctors in Miami today were there in 2006 who did not clear Brees.  

6 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

I'm curious as to when those physicals were conducted.  (Or, better put, if those physicals actually were conducted, given the pandemic.)  

Correct. I don’t believe they are doing team physicals right now. That said, that doesn’t mean a physician isn’t sitting in his home library extensively reviewing medical records and radiography and possibly even calling surgeons for details. You always want to exam a patient, but it’s only part of the equation of a physical. We are adapting to telemedicine. 

8 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Lombardi has failed several times as a front office guy with several teams.  These kind of posts strike me as a guy trying desperately to claim some sort of relevance.  

He’s at total POS.  People quit over him coming back to work for the Browns the second time.  My first thought upon reading that story is of Belichick calling other GMs to see about trading up in the first round.  (Lombardi has often worked for him as a consultant.)  At this point Lombardi could totally throw off everyone simply by telling the truth once. 

14 hours ago, Saint Doug said:

Correct. I don’t believe they are doing team physicals right now. That said, that doesn’t mean a physician isn’t sitting in his home library extensively reviewing medical records and radiography and possibly even calling surgeons for details. You always want to exam a patient, but it’s only part of the equation of a physical. We are adapting to telemedicine. 

No doubt.  Would the telereview still constitute a physical?  Or would that simply be a review of medical records?  I'm not a doctor, so this might be off-base, but I'm wondering whether ROM, strength tests, etc., would be relevant to measuring recovery and would be necessary for a complete and contemporaneous evaluatioun of the subject.  

I suppose (and correct me if I'm wrong) that there might be an indicator of automatic failure based on imaging (avascular necrosis would show upon an x-ray, right?).   But I just . . . it sounds like BS to me that this guy underwent a physical given the current circumstances.  

23 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Lombardi has failed several times as a front office guy with several teams.  These kind of posts strike me as a guy trying desperately to claim some sort of relevance.  

I actually like to listen to Lombardis GM Shuffle podcast because he usually drops a few nuggets you don't hear else.  

That said he is the type that talks out of both sides of his mouth.  He likes to be right and in doing so he's quick to point out when he is and never brings up the many times he's flat out wrong.  He has a ton of revisionist history.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Estro said:

I actually like to listen to Lombardis GM Shuffle podcast because he usually drops a few nuggets you don't hear else.  

That said he is the type that talks out of both sides of his mouth.  He likes to be right and in doing so he's quick to point out when he is and never brings up the many times he's flat out wrong.  He has a ton of revisionist history.  

I’m of the advanced age where I don’t understand podcasts!

23 hours ago, CardinalScotts said:

guy has been around for a long time has a lot of contacts im sure its accurate.

i wouldnt take him in the first round even when healthy not an anticipatory thrower, never made the tight window throws (not his fault)

arm velocity a concern as well

Myself personally, Tua can hit anyone from anywhere on the field and one of the most anticipatory throwers I have ever seen.

With all due respect CardinalScotts.

We see things differently...

58 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

You know how many people could be sued pre draft?  All they do is lie. 

I'm speaking HIPAA.  Specificaly, I should have made my statement more clear, is could Lobardi be deposed and forced to reveal what team released this medical information on Tua and that team face civil action.

Edited by Binghamton Beast

All this Lombardi talk reminded me of one of the great blowhards of NFL television-Fred Edelstein. Eventually, he was arrested for fraud.

Here's something I found written by Gil Brandt :  

There used to be a guy named Fred Edelstein who would put out his own little independent news reports about the NFL. He had pretty good sources inside the league and he'd put out certain things.

Well, Edelstein was on ESPN during the 1992 NFL Draft, and he came out and said he knew without a doubt who the San Francisco 49ers were going to pick before it was their turn. When their turn came up, they picked Dana Hall -- not who Edelstein had predicted.

Edelstein's explanation? "Well, I guess they lied to me."

Going to a team like the Dolphins who are kind of set at QB this year and would still have two 1st round picks seems like a no brainer.

Of course if you hear stories of him frequenting Asian massage establishments and hear Belichick say he never heard of the guy then ....

On 4/10/2020 at 4:25 PM, frostbitmic said:

Going to a team like the Dolphins who are kind of set at QB this year and would still have two 1st round picks seems like a no brainer.

Of course if you hear stories of him frequenting Asian massage establishments and hear Belichick say he never heard of the guy then ....

Set at QB with Fitz? His history of 2nd seasons starting for teams is not good. If they roll with Fitz as starter, Tua or whoever they draft will be taking over quickly 

I wonder a little if I am Tua if I do not emphasis my weak points to the teams that might select me but not be the team I want to play. If I know I might go to Detroit, Cincinnati, or Miami I might make it easier for Miami to get me. Dolphins seem to have some semblance of a plan for the future while the other two look like they will be starting their own drought.

9 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I wonder a little if I am Tua if I do not emphasis my weak points to the teams that might select me but not be the team I want to play. If I know I might go to Detroit, Cincinnati, or Miami I might make it easier for Miami to get me. Dolphins seem to have some semblance of a plan for the future while the other two look like they will be starting their own drought.

He and his agent seem to be really  just trying to convince everyone that he’s healthy. Which he may be, but the fact remains that no team can have him physically examined by their own medical team which is a big part of drafting so someone that high. 

20 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He and his agent seem to be really  just trying to convince everyone that he’s healthy. Which he may be, but the fact remains that no team can have him physically examined by their own medical team which is a big part of drafting so someone that high. 

Who did physical on him if no team can do a proper physical? Or should I be reading headline as 2 teams think he is too risky right now to draft?