Ex NFL GM Michael Lombardi claims Tua has failed 2 NFL teams Physicals

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

I think he tries to claim inside information he doesn’t have.  Just a gut feeling; I think he wants back in the league, people aren’t hiring him, and he wants to give an impression he’s still relevant.

Reporters aren’t necessarily guys that failed in the front office for several teams.

All things being equal, I'd still believe the word of a guy who failed in the front office vs the word of a guy who's never worked outside of media.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Bill from NYC said:

It is hard to believe almost anything this close to the draft.

Subterfuge at this time of year is the watchword.  And yet over years, fans continue buying in to whatever "insiders" state.  ;)

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Bill from NYC said:

It is hard to believe almost anything this close to the draft.

Do you remember when Miami's doctors did not medically clear Brees? He went on to New Orleans to garner a SB ring and based on his distinguished career will earn a first ballot HOF induction.  Do you think Miami wants to earn that ignominious distinction on evaluating qbs again?  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

All things being equal, I'd still believe the word of a guy who failed in the front office vs the word of a guy who's never worked outside of media.

What exactly makes a FO type inherently more reliable/trustworthy/truthful than a media type?   Honesty and integrity depends upon the individual's personal values not the kind of job he/she holds -- or what level that job is. 

1 minute ago, JohnC said:

Do you remember when Miami's doctors did not medically clear Brees? He went on to New Orleans to garner a SB ring and based on his distinguished career will earn a first ballot HOF induction.  Do you think Miami wants to earn that ignominious distinction on evaluating qbs again?  

Oh I remember it well. Nick Saban was the coach and was screaming for Brees. Instead they landed Dante Culpepper who he cut mid-season.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, shrader said:

Isn't it almost a given that a guy with that kind of hip surgery only a handful of months ago is going to fail physicals?

Yeah.. If the physical is about them being at 100% there's no way... I assume teams that are passing him are putting some threshold of where he's at now, vs. where he needs to be.

Also, major question here- when were they doing physicals?

13 minutes ago, SoTier said:

What exactly makes a FO type inherently more reliable/trustworthy/truthful than a media type?   Honesty and integrity depends upon the individual's personal values not the kind of job he/she holds -- or what level that job is. 

Because FO types generally have more personal relationships with other FO people which generally leads to more candid conversations.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Imagine....just imagine if he’s there when NE selects 

I am not afraid of Belichick the drafter and he has no magic wand to make injured players healthy again. Belichick's record as far as drafting goes is not that great.

Belichick is a great coach though and will make some mediocre QB look good (ex. Matt Cassell). I think Jake Fromm is more Belichick's style. 

4 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

https://amp.floridatoday.com/amp/2974165001

Lombardi said that one of the teams he failed was a team picking top 10 in the draft

3 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I was going to lightly chastise you for making a duplicate thread of one that's currently on the main page.

But dude...

YOU MADE THE THREAD ALREADY

At least he's gotten past his annoying trend of no-content "Would you like X player?  Thoughts" threads like he's made for...

Ndamukong Suh

Rashard Higgins

Janoris Jenkins

Reshad Jones

Alshon Jeffery

Amari Cooper

Odell Bekham Jr

Backup QBs

Melvin Gordon/Derrick Henry

...all just in this offseason.

Was told by a mod to stop with the "Would you like?...thoughts?" threads and instead just kept up with the "Hey a team did a thing, thoughts?" instead.

3 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

This is true, but it does make me wonder if there’s any truth in his claims though lol. 

Gotta wonder if he drops and how far would he drop?

This years unique limited access to players may be a factor too 

54 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

I would not buy a used car from a lot of these internet pundits.  Then again, I wouldn't buy a used car from Russ Brandon.

Is that what Brandon is doing now? I was hoping he was working for Ingersoll Rand selling air compressors. 

• Haha (+1) 1