The Big Gamble: Hydroxychloroquine

1 hour ago, GG said:

So essentially, you're applauding a technocrat's cold-hearted calculation to preserve mask capacity, even though he knew the masks are effective in slowing down the spread and that would have been most impactful in February. 

But let's post a few more memes to deflect from the decisions and advice given in February.  

Hey everyone, go see a movie!

Um I didn’t hire the guy - I’m just telling you what Fauci said. He also reports to Trump. Don’t get all pissy with me when Trump ignored the intelligence in November 2019.

3 hours ago, Warcodered said:

alternatively it could of caused an even greater shortage of masks having even worse effect on the medical professionals we need during this pandemic. In the end maybe he was right maybe he was wrong but he made a choice with the information he had and when that information indicated he should change that policy he did. What difficult choice have you made in the last 6 months?

Why not tell people to make their own masks? That there was a shortage and those who couldn’t buy masks should make their own?

Oh, because we have to lie to the American people because we know what’s best for them. And then wonder why they have lost trust in us. Classic move.

• Like (+1) 1

Seems like the mask shortage was caused by China, who bought up all of the world's PE while hiding the fact that the virus was present and not capable of being transmitted by people. Idiots like BillSlime perpetuate this November 2019 lie because the truth doesn't fit their narrative. 

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, BillStime said:

Um I didn’t hire the guy - I’m just telling you what Fauci said. He also reports to Trump. Don’t get all pissy with me when Trump ignored the intelligence in November 2019.

Don’t get all pissy when the election didn’t go your way. Do better next time. 

And a “wise” man once said “elections have consequences”. 

13 hours ago, Warcodered said:

alternatively it could of caused an even greater shortage of masks having even worse effect on the medical professionals we need during this pandemic. In the end maybe he was right maybe he was wrong but he made a choice with the information he had and when that information indicated he should change that policy he did. What difficult choice have you made in the last 6 months?

At least you admit that he made a difficult cold-hearted choice when he knew that masks were effective in slowing the spread.  Of course, that choice wasn't as bad as forcing nursing homes to take in sick patients or transferring sick patients across hospitals who weren't prepared for the cases.

3 hours ago, GG said:

At least you admit that he made a difficult cold-hearted choice when he knew that masks were effective in slowing the spread.  Of course, that choice wasn't as bad as forcing nursing homes to take in sick patients or transferring sick patients across hospitals who weren't prepared for the cases.

I don't really see how him making a decision trying to do what would help us the most in this crisis is cold hearted. I can see how it is difficult and something that likely weighs on him.

7 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I don't really see how him making a decision trying to do what would help us the most in this crisis is cold hearted. I can see how it is difficult and something that likely weighs on him.

It also reinforces the narrative that you can't trust leaders.

My mother who is 76 years old bought masks in February when everyone was saying that it wasn't necessary because Italian women born during fascism know never to trust their leaders and she was proven right.

Edited by meazza

15 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Of course it was cold hearted, because it was a risk analysis calculation he made by protecting the healthcare delivery side instead of the prevention side.   I'm not blaming him for the decision, because he was in a tough spot and he knew that he was dispensing the wrong advice.   

But It's also an instructive note to the mouth breathers here, who are quick to assign blame without examining the full real life considerations of what goes into a pandemic response.

Remember the news story that floated quickly where scientists postulated that there would have been tens of thousands LESS infections and commensurate deaths in the Northeast if preventative measures would have been in place even a week before March 13.   Why do you think that story died quickly?

• Thank you (+1) 1

Well lookie here now. But is that a bonafide Clinical trial? I’ve been told that nothing can be trusted unless it’s undergone real clinical trials. Several posters were adamant that this doesn’t work and it can even kill people. You know, kill, like what this virus does. 

• Like (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Well lookie here now. But is that a bonafide Clinical trial? I’ve been told that nothing can be trusted unless it’s undergone real clinical trials. Several posters were adamant that this doesn’t work and it can even kill people. You know, kill, like what this virus does. 

...Wait a minute...

...what are you saying?

17 hours ago, BillStime said:

https://www.rcreader.com/commentary/masks-dont-work-covid-a-review-of-science-relevant-to-covide-19-social-policy

I found this interesting and only looked through some of it but what the math says is that there is no major infection difference from masks. In all of the studies done fully the only way to say safe is social distancing and then hand sanitizer. One of the studies actual showed that people who wore masks for long periods every day were sick more often, likely due to touching mask after it was on face. Also since you like science you will now be anti mask person, correct?

15 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

https://www.rcreader.com/commentary/masks-dont-work-covid-a-review-of-science-relevant-to-covide-19-social-policy

I found this interesting and only looked through some of it but what the math says is that there is no major infection difference from masks. In all of the studies done fully the only way to say safe is social distancing and then hand sanitizer. One of the studies actual showed that people who wore masks for long periods every day were sick more often, likely due to touching mask after it was on face. Also since you like science you will now be anti mask person, correct?

I have no idea how effective but why risk it? I also live in a state that mandates use. All lives matter, right?

1 minute ago, BillStime said:

I have no idea how effective but why risk it? I also live in a state that mandates use. All lives matter, right?

I am telling you that the studies- which they had at least 10 sited- all show that masks do not help and often cause illness. I thought you were the science guy and I find it interesting that when the science shows you are wrong you ignore it. Lastly don't say ALM to people it will get you stabbed by a liberal.

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I am telling you that the studies- which they had at least 10 sited- all show that masks do not help and often cause illness. I thought you were the science guy and I find it interesting that when the science shows you are wrong you ignore it. Lastly don't say ALM to people it will get you stabbed by a liberal.

Assume whatever you want 

On 7/3/2020 at 1:49 PM, Buffalo Timmy said:

What you have linked there is a commentary on some biased site; it is not a scientific study. The guy has his own agenda (look him up on Wikipedia) and cherry-picks scientific papers that show the lack of protection by masks. The cited papers themselves are legit (peer-reviewed and published in a scientific journal). However, there are significantly more papers that come to the opposite conclusion. To judge for yourself, go to https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/ and do your own search. PubMed indexes all scientific peer-reviewed journals in the medical and life sciences.  

Edited by DrW