Jalen Ramsey tells Tre White on IG that he should leave Buffalo

If he shows up to training camp in a brinks truck then I’ll be worried.  But McDermott seems to know how to get the most out of DB’s more than any other position, so we’ll recover if White wants to go Hollywood.  

Edited by BuffaloRebound
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, BuffaloRebound said:

If he shows up to training camp in a brinks truck then I’ll be worried.  But McDermott seems to know  hit to get the most out of DB’s more than any other position, so we’ll recover if White wants to go Hollywood.  

Yup. One thing I’m not worried about at all is defensive backs.  McDermott might be the best in the nfl at developing dbs.

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

There is definitely truth to the fact that if Tre was with the Giants he would get way more recognition because of the New York market. 

But I do think it has started to come anyway.  

This is true. But I also think there is a chance he wouldn’t be as good becuase he’d be getting burnt in that system. Tre is awesome, but he is in a place and system with one of the best DB guys around in McDermott. It’s more of a two way street imo. Even during draft time Tre was a little under the radar.  Imo, if Tre goes its going to be Josh Norman 2.0. 

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, section122 said:

Of all the homegrown talent that the Bills want to re-sign Tre makes me the most nervous that he actually will.  It seems like he likes it here but stuff like this has to be in the back of his mind.  Gilmore stated it as a big reason why he left Buffalo and unfortunately he was right.  He was a good player here but left and now is considered one of the best so much that he (undeservedly) got defensive poty.  Add in the fact that McDermott is a db guru and can get success from unlikely places and I am nervous he won't be back.  Josh Norman in Carolina keeps coming up in my head.

This also goes to show that with players, Buffalo's reputation has not recovered yet.  Ramsey was right that team success needs to come first but that is true for any perennial bottom dweller which the Bills were for most of the last 20 years.  Hoping Tre stays but unfortunately won't be shocked if he doesn't.

"This also goes to show" ?   One idiot, yes he is an idiot and that is undeniable, giving his opinion does not mean "Buffalo's reputation has not recovered yet".  Ramsey has dug himself a hole when it comes to Buffalo and he can never go back.  He clearly isn't.

Edited by buffalostu2

Beane just paid Poyer to be one of the top paid Safeties in the league....anyone questioning if Beane will pay Tre need only see THAT example as the reason to be rest assured Beane will certainly do that for Tre White. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

What was he right about?  Tre made 1st team All-Pro last year. 

He was right about the recognition that you receive being greater outside Buffalo.  From playing in prime time to being thought of as better simply for being on a more successful team.  Tre made 1st team all pro and absolutely deserved it.  He still isn't the household name that a Jalen Ramsey is.  He still is thought of as not as good as Gilmore even though the numbers were very similar (after the Parker game I think White's were better but Gilmore still won dpoty).  PFF still doesn't put Tre in what the top 15 cbs?  

1 minute ago, MrEpsYtown said:

This is true. But I also think there is a chance he wouldn’t be as good becuase he’d be getting burnt in that system. Tre is awesome, but he is in a place and system with one of the best DB guys around in McDermott. It’s more of a two way street imo. Even during draft time Tre was a little under the radar.  Imo, if Tre goes its going to be Josh Norman 2.0. 

I think people are a bit harsh on Norman his first couple of years in DC he played well. The last two, not so much. But regardless I think Tre has more talent than Josh.... though completely agree the McDermott defense is perfect for him.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Gilmore left because he got paid a ton of money by the New England Patriots.  

https://247sports.com/nfl/new-england-patriots/Article/New-England-Patriots-CB-Stephon-Gilmore-says-people-are-finally-going-to-see-him-on-TV-101739371/

Stephon Gilmore has spent his entire career to this point with the Buffalo Bills. They went 36-44 in his five seasons there, but more to the point, it was Buffalo. The market is tiny. Nobody cares about the team outside of upstate New Yorkers. It's hard for any player on that team to get proper exposure.

Apparently, that has rankled Gilmore, who at least wanted his friends and family to be able to watch his games. According to Dakota Randall of NESN, he said as much on Twitter:

My People finally going to get to see me play on tv. #Patsnation#aboutthattime

Now he has a chance to win, and he's making huge money on his new five-year contract, but beyond that, now he knows people will see him on TV. No matter what he does, good or bad, it will matter in the grand scheme of the NFL. That matters to players a lot more than we think.

7 minutes ago, buffalostu2 said:

One idiot, yes he is an idiot and that is undeniable, running his mouth does not mean "Buffalo's reputation has not recovered yet"

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2020/01/25/buffalo-bills-worst-city-nfl-pro-bowl/

A winning season, top-end head coach, and rabid fanbase can only do so much to change the opinions of how people see visit the Buffalo Bills.

In an anonymous survey of Pro Bowl players by The Athletic, Buffalo was the “winner” of the “Worst NFL City to Travel to.” Buffalo still can’t dodge the view that the city is the Siberia of the NFL.

The Athletic highlighted that players had no trouble determining the worst city to travel, as one-third of the players surveyed selected Buffalo.

11 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

If he shows up to training camp in a brinks truck then I’ll be worried.  But McDermott seems to know how to get the most out of DB’s more than any other position, so we’ll recover if White wants to go Hollywood.  

We are not letting white go, end of thread

7 minutes ago, section122 said:

He was right about the recognition that you receive being greater outside Buffalo.  From playing in prime time to being thought of as better simply for being on a more successful team.  Tre made 1st team all pro and absolutely deserved it.  He still isn't the household name that a Jalen Ramsey is.  He still is thought of as not as good as Gilmore even though the numbers were very similar (after the Parker game I think White's were better but Gilmore still won dpoty).  PFF still doesn't put Tre in what the top 15 cbs?  

1) why do people are so much about PFF?  It’s one website.  Every football person knows that Tre is one is the best cbs in the nfl.

2) NE may have helped but you could also argue the 2 defensive tds Gilmore has as helped just as much.  

1 minute ago, section122 said:

https://247sports.com/nfl/new-england-patriots/Article/New-England-Patriots-CB-Stephon-Gilmore-says-people-are-finally-going-to-see-him-on-TV-101739371/

Stephon Gilmore has spent his entire career to this point with the Buffalo Bills. They went 36-44 in his five seasons there, but more to the point, it was Buffalo. The market is tiny. Nobody cares about the team outside of upstate New Yorkers. It's hard for any player on that team to get proper exposure.

Apparently, that has rankled Gilmore, who at least wanted his friends and family to be able to watch his games. According to Dakota Randall of NESN, he said as much on Twitter:

Now he has a chance to win, and he's making huge money on his new five-year contract, but beyond that, now he knows people will see him on TV. No matter what he does, good or bad, it will matter in the grand scheme of the NFL. That matters to players a lot more than we think.

I mean could he not afford to buy his family NFL Sunday ticket? That’s how I watched his games. He can’t say he is worried about exposure and winning at the same time. Those things don’t always go together: 

Let’s see how much exposure Mr. Eyebrows is getting when the Pats start to blow without Mrs. Brady.

3 minutes ago, section122 said:

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2020/01/25/buffalo-bills-worst-city-nfl-pro-bowl/

A winning season, top-end head coach, and rabid fanbase can only do so much to change the opinions of how people see visit the Buffalo Bills.

In an anonymous survey of Pro Bowl players by The Athletic, Buffalo was the “winner” of the “Worst NFL City to Travel to.” Buffalo still can’t dodge the view that the city is the Siberia of the NFL.

The Athletic highlighted that players had no trouble determining the worst city to travel, as one-third of the players surveyed selected Buffalo.

1) NE is the marquee franchise.  No doubt about that.

2)  NE offered him a ton of money.  

both things could be true.  At a lie detector test, what do you think the number reason Gilmore choose New England? Was it for fame (a dude who never talks) or Monet?  Of course, it’s money and he got lucky it was offered by the Pats (who Bills Fans laughed at For the contract).   He would have signed with the Bengals If they offered him that amount.  

I think we target guys who buy into the culture and embrace “Bills Mafia”, which along with Tre himself and how he conducts himself, makes me confident he stays here long term.....

That being said, this is why the whole “I love my Bills on Sunday at 1 pm and don’t want all these primetime night games” should rethink their views.  

The Cleveland Browns had no problem getting recognition last year, and they weren’t even any good.  If we continue to build on last years success, Tre (and everyone else) will get plenty of exposure. 

• Like (+1) 1

Tre is under contract for 2 more years, assuming we pick up the 5th year option. Beane has been adamant about saying he wanted to keep our core guys together whom we have drafted. I'd say Tre fits that bill. Beane rewards those who play well for us as evidenced by the contracts we have doled out around here. Tre has NEVER ONCE hinted that he didn't want to be here in any way, shape, or form. He has embraced the team, the city, the fanbase, and the other sports franchise in the city of Buffalo. Looking at both Ramsey and White side by side the moral of the story is, kids, don't grow up to be like Jalen Ramsey. 

Edited by H2o