Jalen Ramsey tells Tre White on IG that he should leave Buffalo

The Rams actually have destroyed their window here because they traded for that loser. Ramsey is an idiot, isn’t as good as he thinks he is, and there are a good amount of fair weather football fans who have no idea who the hell he is. 

• Like (+1) 17
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Ramsey is a stupid person.  Yeah, GB really held back Rodgers.  Man, no one knew who LeBron was in Cleveland.  Also, Ramsey is delusional.  They play cornerback.  Besides Deion, what cornerback is ever going to be “famous?”

I hope Golden Tate punches him in his stupid mouth. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

Just now, MrEpsYtown said:

The Rams actually have destroyed their window here because they traded for that loser. Ramsey is an idiot, isn’t as good as he thinks he is, and there are a good amount of fair weather football fans who have no idea who the hell he is. 

I mean he’s pretty good but he’s an idiot who thinks he is like Tom Brady or something.  

Just now, Buffalo Timmy said:

I would be concerned if Tre did not seem extremely bright and self motivated. If we pay him he will stay I am quite confident.

Well yeah.  It’s the NFL.  He’s pretty much stuck in Buffalo haha.

• Like (+1) 3

Of all the homegrown talent that the Bills want to re-sign Tre makes me the most nervous that he actually will.  It seems like he likes it here but stuff like this has to be in the back of his mind.  Gilmore stated it as a big reason why he left Buffalo and unfortunately he was right.  He was a good player here but left and now is considered one of the best so much that he (undeservedly) got defensive poty.  Add in the fact that McDermott is a db guru and can get success from unlikely places and I am nervous he won't be back.  Josh Norman in Carolina keeps coming up in my head.

This also goes to show that with players, Buffalo's reputation has not recovered yet.  Ramsey was right that team success needs to come first but that is true for any perennial bottom dweller which the Bills were for most of the last 20 years.  Hoping Tre stays but unfortunately won't be shocked if he doesn't.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, section122 said:

Of all the homegrown talent that the Bills want to re-sign Tre makes me the most nervous that he actually will.  It seems like he likes it here but stuff like this has to be in the back of his mind.  Gilmore stated it as a big reason why he left Buffalo and unfortunately he was right.  He was a good player here but left and now is considered one of the best so much that he (undeservedly) got defensive poty.  Add in the fact that McDermott is a db guru and can get success from unlikely places and I am nervous he won't be back.  Josh Norman in Carolina keeps coming up in my head.

This also goes to show that with players, Buffalo's reputation has not recovered yet.  Ramsey was right that team success needs to come first but that is true for any perennial bottom dweller which the Bills were for most of the last 20 years.  Hoping Tre stays but unfortunately won't be shocked if he doesn't.

What was he right about?  Tre made 1st team All-Pro last year. 

Ramsey went from Jacksonville to LA.  I can’t think of a bigger jump in marketability and city.  Even Green Bay gets exposure even though the city itself is minuscule.  But the smaller cities do offer a lot of upside for many players.  They’re affordable and provide a good atmosphere for families.  That might not mean a lot to a top tier player who is single and signed to a huge contract, but it means a lot to mid tier (and lower) players with families.  Places like Buffalo, Cleveland and Pittsburgh can look mighty appealing compared to SF, LA and New Jersey.  Add in winning and a team can be in pretty good shape. 

Edited by BarleyNY
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

There is definitely truth to the fact that if Tre was with the Giants he would get way more recognition because of the New York market. 

But I do think it has started to come anyway.  

Honestly, how much more?  I think you can only get so famous as a nfl cb.  Like if Allen become an elite level qb, he will get plenty famous in Buffalo.  It’s just the nature of the position he plays. Deion Sanders is the only real famous corner I know.  And Tre is a good dude and funny but it’s not like he’s Kevin Hart (overrated but still). 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Moron.  And yeah, Jacksonville is a REAL media hotbed.

But is he still saying this?  After Tre made 1st team All-Pro?  If so, he's an even bigger moron.

Difference is Ramsey came in as a very high draft prospect and so he got a ton of hype.  He also was supposed to go to Dallas so there was more hype.  Then he came in and Sacksonville happened so he got more hype.

Tre made 1st team all pro but PFF still disses him.  He is starting to get recognition but I don't think it is wrong to say if Tre played in Dallas he would already be a household name.  Bills need more primetime games to become more well known.  Playing at 1pm with all of the other teams and their is a lot of other noise.  Play Sunday, Monday, or Thursday and be the only game in town.  People will talk.  That Thanksgiving game was huge for the Bills and their players getting recognition.  They were supposed to be the Cowboys sacrificail lamb to get things going in the right direction and for a long time the Bills would have done exactly that.  Instead they went in and thoroughly dominated the Cowboys.  Then recognition started coming.  If they win the division this year more will come and the tired Buffalo narrative can be put to bed!

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, section122 said:

Gilmore left because he got paid a ton of money by the New England Patriots.  

• Like (+1) 3