Karlos Williams making a comeback

11 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

I’m not giving Ralph a pass for firing Polian over name calling...sorry

I still blame Ralph, for putting himself and Polian in that position in the first place. The bad decision was already made well before Polian called her any names.

9 minutes ago, chris heff said:

If nepotism were eliminated from family owned business a whole lot more people would be unemployed. The irony is that Polian took exception to the nepotism and then years later hired his son.

I'm not saying to eliminate nepotism. I'm saying if you are going to go that route, you need to be ready to hear your family member is an idiot.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yes, they retained him for continuity sake.  He didn't get the job done (and I'm sure there was stuff behind the scenes we don't know about) and then they moved on.  And were ultimately proven right.

Yeah, Whaley sucked. The Pegulas gave him an extension, got their Goebbels to start rewriting history to make him look better, then when things became untenable they finally cut bait. And we are all better for it.

5 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I still blame Ralph, for putting himself and Polian in that position in the first place. The bad decision was already made well before Polian called her any names.

I'm not saying to eliminate nepotism. I'm saying if you are going to go that route, you need to be ready to hear your family member is an idiot.

This I can agree with ??

11 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Yeah, Whaley sucked. The Pegulas gave him an extension, got their Goebbels to start rewriting history to make him look better, then when things became untenable they finally cut bait. And we are all better for it.

WTF are you even talking about?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, chris heff said:

And he’s still a jerk. Article in the Athletic by Matthew Fairburn. Takes no responsibility, blames anyone and everything.

“You know what’s funny?” Williams said. “When I was in Buffalo, I knew something was wrong when they drafted Jonathan Williams. I knew something was up. Y’all had alternative plans. Y’all bring Reggie Bush to camp and allowed him to practice? Reggie Bush went negative rushing yards for the season. And y’all release me? Doug Whaley can eat a dick. Doug Whaley can die in a hole and drink bleach. I’m dead serious. The reason I didn’t play in the XFL is because Doug Whaley’s name was on it. I’m dead serious.”

I bet he won't say it to Whaley's face!

Straight from the Antonio Brown school of public relations, everyone welcome Karlos (the fat azs) Williams, ?????????????????

One interesting point and a big knock I'll give Whaley, even as a "Whaley Apologist" ? is that all players, whether class-acts like Fitz/Freddie/Eric Wood, dumbasses like Karlos, or somewhere in between like Aaron Williams... ALL seem to hate him.

I might say it's because everyone hates their boss and the guy who ultimately cuts/trades/negotiates against their contract, but I get the exact opposite feeling of how players feel about Beane when they jump at the chance to re-sign with him or follow him to another team.

• Like (+1) 1

Karlos Williams was such a beast that first year, 5.6 yard per-carry and 9 TD's in 11 games. But the dude got high on his own supply more quickly than any player I have ever seen. He went from promising rookie season to never playing a down in the NFL ever again. Even Travis Henry had three 1,000 yard seasons during his career over the course of seven seasons before imploding off the field completely. Karlos Williams rookie year was solid but not exactly a breakout season, but he showed up like a star on the backend of his career with a huge guarantee in his sophomore NFL season? 

How much of a ****head must you be to not even be able to put together back to back good NFL seasons when you are on a rookie deal? Then he constantly gets suspended after two second chances with a quality organization like the Steelers and even now at the age of 26 going on 27 he could still honestly revive his career if he played well in the CFL or XFL and was humble. But he hasn’t learned anything being out of the leage the last 4 seasons. He still sounds like a ****head. 

As much as I thought Whaley was an average GM (Good at pro-personnel decisions bad at drafting) he gave Karlos a shot at the NFL and cut him after he showed up fat and a malcontent after one solid season. 

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Do you deny that last part?  They kept him around for continuity's sake and fired him when they realized it wasn't working.  Did you think they'd fire him immediately or keep him and say "well, he sucks but he's here so we'll keep him"?

45 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Who knows?  I think he's a big Whaley fan.

39 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

One interesting point and a big knock I'll give Whaley, even as a "Whaley Apologist" ? is that all players, whether class-acts like Fitz/Freddie/Eric Wood, dumbasses like Karlos, or somewhere in between like Aaron Williams... ALL seem to hate him.

I might say it's because everyone hates their boss and the guy who ultimately cuts/trades/negotiates against their contract, but I get the exact opposite feeling of how players feel about Beane when they jump at the chance to re-sign with him or follow him to another team.

That is true... seems like a pattern

56 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Talking about how the company line from 2015-2016 was how great of a move that was from Doug Whaley specifically.  You would have thought Nix never worked here.

Edited by FireChans

2 hours ago, PIZ said:

He’ll only be 27 in May. He was a beast. We had high hopes for him. I’d rather get AJ Dillon for a big back, but I’m not sure he’s as fast as Karlos. 

Curiuos, but did Karlos also say the following? It’s the first thing I thought of when I read the topic of the post. 

I'm gonna knock you out
Mama said knock you out
I'm gonna knock you out
Mama said knock you out
I'm gonna knock you out
Mama said knock you out
I'm gonna knock you out
Mama said knock you out

ha! The exact song running through my head too.

“they call it a comeback?”

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Doc said:

Do you deny that last part?  They kept him around for continuity's sake and fired him when they realized it wasn't working.  Did you think they'd fire him immediately or keep him and say "well, he sucks but he's here so we'll keep him"?

Who knows?  I think he's a big Whaley fan.

I think Whaley sucked, which has been obvious from virtually every post of mine in this thread. It’s your ability to follow a conversation which impresses me most.

Saying they kept him for continuity’s sake is also a cop out. The Pegulas LIKED Whaley. Every report from when they took over said the same. That’s why they extended him. 

Edited by FireChans

3 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

If Whaley was such a good GM why is he in the XFL? No other NFL team wanted anything to do with him when we released him. 

I mean there is a host of reasons. He was Pittsburghs coordinator of pro personnel, another successful team thought highly of him

He Also said football is a sport humans shouldn't be playing..  maybe when you work in football you shouldn't make a statement like that

As has been said before, Karlos had a beast of a rookie season but then couldn't get out of his own way. Many of us felt even before he showed up fat and then had drug suspensions that his style of play would lead to a short NFL career due to concussions.

I realize that many here don't subscribe to the Athletic and therefore only see the soundbites that were quoted. He was going to just coach HS football but now is trying to make a comeback in the CFL. He does take responsibility for what happened. He said he loves Buffalo, loved the team, but HATES Doug Whaley. He implied he felt he was lied to when said they'd support him and felt Whaley was two faced when in the same press conference he said Karlos was released due to performance and that the Bills were standing behind Dareus because he just needed help (then Dareus said he's checking himself into a clinci and was seen the same night partying out on the town.

This is also in the article:

“When I look back on that, I wasn’t shocked,” Williams said. “A year ago, a year and a half ago, I would still be bitter and be mad. I wasn’t shocked. Look at all the evidence that was against me. I didn’t really treat football … I wasn’t a real professional. I had gotten suspended for four games. I came back and I was overweight. I had just let the media run wild. I was saying anything to the media just to get them off my back.

“I wasn’t actually practicing because I was a danger to myself, hurting myself because the weight was unsafe. I didn’t take it seriously. So when I got released I was like, ‘Woah, it’s game day and you didn’t give me a chance to perform.’ That’s not true. I had a chance to perform all offseason. I had a chance to work out, I had a chance to eat right. I had those opportunities. I just didn’t take advantage of those opportunities.”

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I don’t think Sammy is a fan of Beane.  

Edited by C.Biscuit97