Karlos Williams making a comeback

12 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Doug Whaley was extended in 2015 and fired after 2016. Not sure what you’re trying to say.

By calling it a "Pegula Propaganda Machine" I'm taking it to mean you think the Bills unfairly made Whaley a scapegoat.  What I'm saying is that they gave him a chance, fired him, and then the Bills made the playoffs after essentially gutting the team he put together.

3 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

I would put his work on par with the job Buddy Nix did here - below average 

Nix and Whaley were like polar opposites. Nix drafted better players (he also had higher picks) but Whaley found more sleepers and made better FA/pro personnel decisions. 

Theoretically, together, they should have been really good. Oh well.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

It is the invention of false narratives that I don't get. There is enough to criticise Doug Whaley for without making stuff up. 

Just like the false narratives that exaggerate the ability and performance of Whaley as GM, the likes that you are spreading??  

Keep exposing those false narrative, truth seeker

1 minute ago, Doc said:

By calling it a "Pegula Propaganda Machine" I'm taking it to mean you think the Bills unfairly made Whaley a scapegoat.  What I'm saying is that they gave him a chance, fired him, and then the Bills made the playoffs after essentially gutting the team he put together.

You got it wrong. The Pegulas spent 2014-2016 propping Whaley up as a good GM. Because he was employed by them. And they started sowing misinformation about the Hughes trade and the 2013 draft etc.

7 minutes ago, chris heff said:

None of the people being pointed at are the reason for the drought. With all deference to the man, the fault lies with Ralph Wilson. He and he alone is responsible for the parade of incompetence at One Bills Drive.

Yeah this is a fact.  Of course, when I bring this up all people want to do is to say how Ralph kept the team in Buffalo and helped the Raiders 5 decades ago.  

I view Ralph as having somewhat of a conflicting  legacy for Bills fans.  For as good as he’s done for the community, he really hurt this franchise toward his last 2 decades of ownership

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Just like the false narratives that exaggerate the ability and performance of Whaley as GM, the likes that you are spreading??  

Keep exposing those false narrative, truth seeker

Give me one example of where I have done that. 

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I agree. The Doug Whaley drafts were 2013-2016. 

I agree with the rest of your post too. 

Doug Whaley is proof positive that drafting “starters” isn’t good enough to win in this league. Ultimately, you need Gilmore’s and White’s, not Shaq’s and Preston Brown’s.

It’s also quite frightening to see that nobody from the 15 or 16 drafts are on the roster and only a handful are left in the league.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Clemfield2622 said:

Can we steer this thread back to talking about what a piece of crap Karlos Williams is?

I see that you’re relatively new here. So I will attempt to explain how things work. The deeper we get into a thread the further off the rails we get. Picture us if you will as a big family, a big dysfunctional family. This is like a family get together, the longer it goes the more contentious it gets. It doesn’t mean we don’t love each other, it’s just that some off us are smarter than others, some of us are right others are just wrong. I hope that helps.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

He’ll only be 27 in May. He was a beast. We had high hopes for him. I’d rather get AJ Dillon for a big back, but I’m not sure he’s as fast as Karlos. 

Curiuos, but did Karlos also say the following? It’s the first thing I thought of when I read the topic of the post. 

I'm gonna knock you out
Mama said knock you out
I'm gonna knock you out
Mama said knock you out
I'm gonna knock you out
Mama said knock you out
I'm gonna knock you out
Mama said knock you out

6 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Nix and Whaley were like polar opposites. Nix drafted better players (he also had higher picks) but Whaley found more sleepers and made better FA/pro personnel decisions. 

Theoretically, together, they should have been really good. Oh well.

Right but the teams record under the Nix/Whaley combination was awful.  Worse than the much maligned Jauron/Levy combo which everyone lauds as they worst ever.  

They actually had a better W-L record

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Give me one example of where I have done that. 

Presenting that McDermott was involved in not resigning Gilmore.  That’s speculation on your part that you present as a fact

3 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Yeah this is a fact.  Of course, when I bring this up all people want to do is to say how Ralph kept the team in Buffalo and helped the Raiders 5 decades ago.  

I view Ralph as having somewhat of a conflicting  legacy for Bills fans.  For as good as he’s done for the community, he really hurt this franchise toward his last 2 decades of ownership

I would say outside of a decade in the middle of his ownership where he got LUCKY with a GM and Coach he didnt run off (immediately), most of his ownership was failure.

The Bills sucked through the 70s and early 80s. Were good for a decade in the late 80s to late 90s, and then went back to their typical sucking because Ralph valued RBs over QBs, and didnt know what a competent HC looked like.

If we're being real here, since the merger, the Bills are a bad franchise with one good decade in the middle.

Hopefully that changes with the new ownership. (Or is that the Propaganda Machine?)

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I would say outside of a decade in the middle of his ownership where he got LUCKY with a GM and Coach he didnt run off (immediately), most of his ownership was failure.

The Bills sucked through the 70s and early 80s. Were good for a decade in the late 80s to late 90s, and then went back to their typical sucking because Ralph valued RBs over QBs, and didnt know what a competent HC looked like.

If we're being real here, since the merger, the Bills are a bad franchise with one good decade in the middle.

Hopefully that changes with the new ownership. (Or is that the Propaganda Machine?)

Ironically the person that you can argue was response for finding the core of the Super Biwl teams which would be good for a decade (Polian) was the same one fired over a petty squabble with Ralph.  His successor (Butler) was also fired over a conflict with ownership.  That’s when the major dysfunction started 

6 minutes ago, chris heff said:

I see that you’re relatively new here. So I will attempt to explain how things work. The deeper we get into a thread the further off the rails we get. Picture us if you will as a big family, a big dysfunctional family. This is like a family get together, the longer it goes the more contentious it gets. It doesn’t mean we don’t love each other, it’s just that some off us are smarter than others, some of us are right others are just wrong. I hope that helps.

not new. i just don't post nearly as much here as i did on BBMB.

we've done the Whaley stuff ad nauseum. Sure it's fun to revisit, i just think this is a good chance to recall just what a gigantic damn turd sandwich Karlos Williams was. I don't want that to pass. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Phil The Thrill said:

Ironically the person that you can argue was response for finding the core of the Super Biwl teams which would be good for a decade (Polian) was the same one fired over a petty squabble with Ralph.  His successor (Butler) was also fired over a conflict with ownership.  That’s when the major dysfunction started 

If you look at how Ralph handled Knox and Saban, I'd say that dysfunction was always there. We somehow avoided it for a decade, but then it came back and Polian was ousted. The rest after that is Ralph being typical Ralph.

6 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Presenting that McDermott was involved in not resigning Gilmore.  That’s speculation on your part that you present as a fact

It is a little more than speculation. It is an assessment based on the available evidence. If you think they let a GM on his way out of the door who they no longer trusted to talk to people make that decision you are crazy. 

1 hour ago, chris heff said:

And he’s still a jerk. Article in the Athletic by Matthew Fairburn. Takes no responsibility, blames anyone and everything.

“You know what’s funny?” Williams said. “When I was in Buffalo, I knew something was wrong when they drafted Jonathan Williams. I knew something was up. Y’all had alternative plans. Y’all bring Reggie Bush to camp and allowed him to practice? Reggie Bush went negative rushing yards for the season. And y’all release me? Doug Whaley can eat a dick. Doug Whaley can die in a hole and drink bleach. I’m dead serious. The reason I didn’t play in the XFL is because Doug Whaley’s name was on it. I’m dead serious.”

Karlos being Karlos. Can’t get out of his own way. This sure makes you want that guy on your team! Yeah, he sounds like exactly what you want to fill your locker room with.......   ?

Just now, GunnerBill said:

It is a little more than speculation. It is an assessment based on the available evidence. If you think they let a GM on his way out of the door who they no longer trusted to talk to people make that decision you are crazy. 

It’s exactly like I called it...speculation.  You have no idea but are presenting your opinions as facts.  The same thing that @GunnerBill accused me of.  

Atleast you didn’t try to argue the term “not getting a sniff” with semantics.  I’ll give you credit for that!

3 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

If you look at how Ralph handled Knox and Saban, I'd say that dysfunction was always there. We somehow avoided it for a decade, but then it came back and Polian was ousted. The rest after that is Ralph being typical Ralph.

Yeah I wasn’t around for Knox but it seems like firing Knox and hiring Stephenson was a huge mistake.   Thankfully he lucked into the hiring of Levy/Polian shortly after 

2 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Correct me if I’m wrong (like I needed to write that), but didn’t Polian get into a beef with Ralph’s daughter, which I think included some name calling. That will get yo fired every time. Butler, who for some reason is fondly remembered, put the Bills in cap hell. He did the opposite of what the Patriots have done for twenty years, kept and overpaid players past their prime.