Karlos Williams making a comeback

2 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

If Whaley was such a good GM why is he in the XFL? No other NFL team wanted anything to do with him when we released him. 

I corrected this elsewhere last night. He has had two GM interviews since the Bills fired him - in Cleveland and Green Bay. I suspect he doesn't want to go back in lower down because if he did there would be a job for him. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, KennyDavisEyes said:

Everyone needs a good laugh during quarantine!  This was a +1 in that department.

That guy is a joke.  Huge waste of talent and it sounds like he hasn’t gained any perspective.

There will be another similar thread about Karlos making a comeback in a year or two.

Karlos will never actually make a comeback.

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I really don’t get people like this.  Admit you were the problem, take control of your life, and then fix the problem.  This guy would be in the league earning decent money if he could take any accountability.

and even if you don’t believe it, fake them.  Smile, nod, say the right things, and then take crap about people to your friends and family like normal people do. 

It's not all that surprising when an athlete who has options acts this way, they've been protected their entire lives.

It is surprising when its a guy who played one season in the NFL and has been hanging dry wall for the last 3 years.  When its that guy it points to mental illness, which both he and has wife seem to have.  

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, chris heff said:

And he’s still a jerk. Article in the Athletic by Matthew Fairburn. Takes no responsibility, blames anyone and everything.

“You know what’s funny?” Williams said. “When I was in Buffalo, I knew something was wrong when they drafted Jonathan Williams. I knew something was up. Y’all had alternative plans. Y’all bring Reggie Bush to camp and allowed him to practice? Reggie Bush went negative rushing yards for the season. And y’all release me? Doug Whaley can eat a dick. Doug Whaley can die in a hole and drink bleach. I’m dead serious. The reason I didn’t play in the XFL is because Doug Whaley’s name was on it. I’m dead serious.”

Salty Salt Bae GIF - Salty SaltBae - Discover & Share GIFs

Edited by H2o
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Karlos has a big time maturity issue.  You can be a jerk and still make it in the league if you're mature enough to put in the work.

Whaley wasn't his problem.  Eating, smoking, and being in a toxic relationship was his problem.  Long story short, Karlos is Karlos' problem.

It also helps if you're good at football.  RB2 in a Greg Roman offense has traditionally put out some pretty good numbers.  Edwards Last year... Gillislee... Hyde... Kendall Hunter...

3 minutes ago, MJS said:

I mean, the drought was pretty mature by the time Whaley was in the picture. He's a pretty small reason for the overall drought, and actually he brought in more talent than previous GM's, he just made far too many mistakes. If you rank drought GM's by talent of rosters built, I would imagine he would be one of the better GM's, although that's like ranking dirt clods.

I’ve always ranked Russ Brandon as the number 1 reason. Whaley made up a big enough piece of that ***** sandwich to be considered major. No other team wanted him after he was released tells you everything that you need to know.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I agree on 2014 v 2017. Not sure on last year. 

What I will say is this though - give the 2015 Bills roster (best of my fandom probably until the 2020 roster which is shaping up to be better) McDermott and give the 2019 roster Rex and the 2015 Bills win going away. 

The 2014 defense shut down prime Aaron Rodgers and the last great Peyton year.  They would have had no problem with our offense.  Qb play held that team back but they were loaded with skill players and had a very good oline.  2014 wins 10-3 on a defensive td by Preston Brown. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Who was Nix's right hand man? And doing all the real work while the ol fox slept?

Being the right hand man doesn’t mean you get credit for your bosses’ work.

Nix came in with a edict to get some SEC and southern boys. He then drafted Dareus, AW, Glenn, Gilmore, Bradham, Searcy. All of whom were high level starters on that 2014 team. He also signed Mario Williams. 

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

Ah, this boards logic.  Whaley gets no credit for good moves. Only the bad ones.  

And it's not like he was so enamored with EJ.

He traded DOWN before settling on EJ, and simply wanted his supposed offensive-minded coach to actually develop him. But Marrone refused.

4 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

The 2014 team is still the most talented team we've had this millennium. Current team included.

I don't believe that to be true. Good defense and a lackluster offense. I'd put it a step below the 2019 playoff team. Definately worse than the current team even before the draft.

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

He traded DOWN before settling on EJ, and simply wanted his supposed offensive-minded coach to actually develop him. But Marrone refused.

Exactly.  He moved down, got a pick that turned into Kiko, who had a rookie of the year type season, got hurt, and traded him for McCoy.  But that was Nix move apparently.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, chris heff said:

And he’s still a jerk. Article in the Athletic by Matthew Fairburn. Takes no responsibility, blames anyone and everything.

“You know what’s funny?” Williams said. “When I was in Buffalo, I knew something was wrong when they drafted Jonathan Williams. I knew something was up. Y’all had alternative plans. Y’all bring Reggie Bush to camp and allowed him to practice? Reggie Bush went negative rushing yards for the season. And y’all release me? Doug Whaley can eat a dick. Doug Whaley can die in a hole and drink bleach. I’m dead serious. The reason I didn’t play in the XFL is because Doug Whaley’s name was on it. I’m dead serious.”

Sounds like he should be posting on wall with his attitude.  I thought smoking (or eating) pot was supposed to make you mellow.

Just now, FireChans said:

Being the right hand man doesn’t mean you get credit for your bosses’ work.

Nix came in with a edict to get some SEC and southern boys. He then drafted Dareus, AW, Glenn, Gilmore, Bradham, Searcy. All of whom were high level starters on that 2014 team. He also signed Mario Williams. 

Whaley was officially titled Assistant GM at the time, and was the one who scouted AW, Bradham, and Searcy.

• Like (+1) 1

Wait, Nix was the GM who traded down for EJ. I get that Whaley was involved, but we need to keep their moves separate, in my opinion. Nix was still in charge.

Whaley was officially titled Assistant GM at the time, and was the one who scouted AW, Bradham, and Searcy.

And some other guys scouted Dareus and Gilmore. Nix was the one who drafted all of them.