Great Beane Interview

Not the biggest Florio fan. Love his site, but most of his "takes" are inane and he seems to be VERY full oh himself.  But credit when it's due. 

Ok. One more time

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/04/08/bills-g-m-brandon-beane-joins-pftpm-for-extended-chat/

Edited by The Dean
Bad link. Thanks Fearless Leader
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Rubes said:

Cut him some slack, man. He’s gettin up there in age.

I got the itis.

Haven't had a big meal like tonight in quite awhile 

Edited by The Dean
  • Like (+1) 1

Thanks, Deano. Hope you & yours are well and hibernating.

a couple takes;

-Dan (Dean?) Evans is on the hot seat as Brandon’s in house tekkie to assure an error free Draft. Hoping he doesn’t become infamous..

-OL who live in apartments don’t have access to a ‘MUST’ service of heavy lifting.

-NFL has hitched its lifeblood to ZOOM -for better or worse. I imaging there’s going to be multiple setups to stay dialed in on the Draft events and chat privately with his team.

-Draft seems destined to be the most dubious in history, given how much insight the team gets with mtgs at the facility for prospects.

-We’re not moving back into Round 1 (my take from Brandon’s comments)

-Are those Pall Malls in his ears or Lucky Strikes?

-Brandon has a 17 y/o Son? ? Was he 12 when he became a Dad?

5 hours ago, Lurker said:

I have a social distancing policy when it comes to Florio...

Florio is actually very good at interviews IMO. He is very well prepared and his interviews flow well. Now as a commentator that's where I take exception.

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Brandon has a 17 y/o Son? ? Was he 12 when he became a Dad?

Some guys do become first time dad's when they're 25 years old.

8 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Someone show Beane how to wear AirPods properly!

I thought they were cigarette butts at first.  

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Haha (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, stuvian said:

Florio's elevation to football expert is the triumph of marketing over knowledge. He knows no more than anyone on this board

Yeah i agree.  He’s a jagoff.  Chris Simms on the other hand I do enjoy listening to.  

• Like (+1) 1

Does anyone who is criticizing Florio actually watch PFT Live with Chris Simms? It is great. Florio is not full of himself at all, and he doesn't pretend to be an Xs and Os guy. He's very fair and has a lot of input on the business/labor side of things. Best football talk show on TV, IMO.

1 hour ago, stuvian said:

Florio's elevation to football expert is the triumph of marketing over knowledge. He knows no more than anyone on this board

And like anyone on this board could do, he took his fandom, started writing about it, and through hard work and dedication ended up with a very popular football news site and was then offered a TV show. Good for him.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Believe it or not, I once worked with a guy in his early 30s who had a 17 year old kid.  It does happen from time to time.

How about this: in one of my former jobs, I met a 26 year old biological grandmother. She was 13 when she had her daughter and her daughter was 12 when she got pregnant. 

• Sad 1

48 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Does anyone who is criticizing Florio actually watch PFT Live with Chris Simms? It is great. Florio is not full of himself at all, and he doesn't pretend to be an Xs and Os guy. He's very fair and has a lot of input on the business/labor side of things. Best football talk show on TV, IMO.

And like anyone on this board could do, he took his fandom, started writing about it, and through hard work and dedication ended up with a very popular football news site and was then offered a TV show. Good for him.

I watch it.  I don't hate Florio but he is regularly down on Allen and the Bills.  Simms on the other hand loves the Bills.

2 hours ago, stuvian said:

Painfully accurate... ?