Raiders New Stadium

9 hours ago, The Fiend said:

If they allow fans. In California, public officials are starting to say there will no fans or even sports allowed until Thanksgiving, at the earliest.

If California disallows like they do a lot of things (other than paying lots of taxes) and other states don't California teams will play elsewhere.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Bad sponsor? What do the Raiders care?  As long as Allegiant is handing over millions of dollars a year, Davis will be happy.  If Allegiant goes belly up, there will be any number of companies fighting over whose name goes on the stadium next. 

I know the only thing that matters is the cold hard cash. I'm just saying Allegiant Airlines has a HORRIBLE reputation for poor quality and service. Maybe it actually fits.. 

2 hours ago, Limeaid said:

If California disallows like they do a lot of things (other than paying lots of taxes) and other states don't California teams will play elsewhere.

I've heard that a couple times now, but I haven't seen it in writing anywhere. I'm working the PGA Championship, and this week it was rescheduled for early August...still in SF. 

2 hours ago, Limeaid said:

I don't think the NFL will take this by a case by case basis. The commissioner and NFLPA will want all teams to be united in however things play-out IMO. That would mean the very real possibility of no fans at all to start the season at least. 

33 minutes ago, 707BillsFan said:

I've heard that a couple times now, but I haven't seen it in writing anywhere. I'm working the PGA Championship, and this week it was rescheduled for early August...still in SF. 

Nothing is in writing anywhere. Everything is constantly changing and being re-evaluated. The governor though has made comments that right now he does not really see stadiums being filled come September. But again, we are in a fluid situation so who knows what things will look like come summer and early fall.

4 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I just looked it up.

Allegiant is paying $25M A YEAR for the naming rights.

For some perspective, New Era pays the Bills $5M/year

And if I recall "Rich Stadium" cost just under $21 Million to build the entire stadium, parking etc. back in 1972-73

5 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Funny the reporter calling it the Death Star.  I thought that was reserved the Evil Empire that is Foxborough.

At least Vader is gone and we only have the Emperor left (BB)

Bill Belichick's rain jacket hood at Patriots camp inspired a ...

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Then the Bills will get to play SF at a neutral site!

2 hours ago, 707BillsFan said:

I know the only thing that matters is the cold hard cash. I'm just saying Allegiant Airlines has a HORRIBLE reputation for poor quality and service. Maybe it actually fits.. 

...and New Era shut down their factory in Derby, NY last year.   I guess the Bills stadium sponsor would also be considered having a bad reputation in WNY.   ?

6 hours ago, dneveu said:

People keep calling it that and I'm like HAVE YOU EVEN SEEN STAR WARS? THE DEATH STAR IS GREY!! ;aklsdjf;klakjdf;a

dneveu, only 150 times with my kids.  Stop being so literal.  It’s the metaphor with the aforementioned team.  If you want to yell with all caps, how about sending me a PM.  childish.  Have a good day and I saw the original in the movies.  Not sure if you can say that in 1976, and so on.  Stop being silly.  It was more about the Empire of the Patriots over the last 20 years.

It really does look like it should be a Raiders' stadium.

It is very impressive.  That is what $1.9 B will get you.

I wonder what the final price tag with be for the Rams' stadium.  Last time I heard, it was about $5 B.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, dneveu said:

People keep calling it that and I'm like HAVE YOU EVEN SEEN STAR WARS? THE DEATH STAR IS GREY!! ;aklsdjf;klakjdf;a

Yes, I just had to view several web pages to figure out why it was being called that. I dont see the resemblance. I consider myself a pretty big Star Wars fan, that can answer most any trivia about the movies (esp. the OT)