Old Bills Footage

1 minute ago, diannand said:

Anyone have footage from the Bills home game vs Minnesota, Thurs, Sept, 16, 1982?

Right before the strike.

I remember watching that game, but I remember nothing about it, except that the strike was about to happen.

Yes, just looking for it for sentimental reasons, was the first Bills game I ever attended.

There is a 1982 Season summary video on you tube, trying to track down the full game.   I already have a game broadcast highlight tape, but the tracking is really bad on it and pretty much unwatchable..

That was a good game. They didn't have Joe Cribbs who was still holding out so the offense relied on the passing game a lot. The Bills had to rally as the Vikings got out to an early lead and looked like they were going to run away with it.

10 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

That was the year Rocky 3 came out.  Cmon Creed, after him, you next!  I remember that movie like it was yesterday as it was the first movie that summer where the crowd stood up and gave a round of applause.

funny story about the game for me was...I was 14, but I didn't know I needed glasses...for distance..when I got there, everything was blurry...cause I needed glasses...LOL...

I do remember how loud the crowd was...it was amazing!

2 hours ago, diannand said:

Anyone have footage from the Bills home game vs Minnesota, Thurs, Sept, 16, 1982?

One of the greatest games ever. I was just a kid, and remember having to go to bed, since it was 11 PM on a Thursday night, but still listening to it by radio in bed. The Bills were behind, but came back to win! This was the last game before the strike, and the Bills were 2-0. SI had predicted they would win the SB that year. I was disappointed they finished 4-5 and out of the expanded playoffs, and I blamed it on the strike.

Please, do not let this happen this year. The Bills are predicted to go deep into the playoffs this season. Do not let COVID-19 cancel the season..

Edited by The Fiend
  • Like (+1) 1

We were at this game. When we got back to our van, we took a walk into the woods to take a leak.  There were playing cards and papers lying all around, which we of course watered down.  

We got back in the van and headed home only to find out my sister’s purse had been stolen from where she had hidden it in the van. 

We decided to go back to the stadium lot to see if we could find any of her stuff that had been in her purse, especially her license. 

When we got back to the lot, we were searching a bit and my sister yelled “I found it.  It’s here with that deck of cards I had in my wallet!  Everything is soaking wet!”

Ahhh.  Those were the days!

Edited by WotAGuy
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

37 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

81-84 games are pretty lost to me, at college with no access to them besides MNF halftime highlights. Only game I remember from that year is the Rosie Leaks Fumble game loss to Tampa Bay. Christmas break I guess. 

From 79-83 I was travelling all over southern Ontario with my job and didn`t have time to go to the games.

Then in the fall of 83  I was relocated to Winnipeg Manitoba until Jan 1989.(no tv coverage at all)

I didn`t get to a home game until the fall of 1989.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Check out Andy Provin on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdQsvGZHJTGL8cpB_6Ki_0g

Tons of Bills archives from broadcast games

That is quite a collection of Bills video's.  I had to laugh at the 1965 highlights and how well the crowd was dressed and just the flow of the game.  I can't imagine wearing a suit and tie to a game today.  Even if I was in the owners box.

• Like (+1) 1