Bills-Texans WC on NFLN

18 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

And I’m out 

That was very bold of you! 

....or stupid, I’ll let you decide.   ?‍♂️

I’m still trying to get up the nerve. I sit here locked up for hours on end with nothing to do, and yet I still haven’t pulled the trigger. Part of me wants to, but the other part......... ?

Seriously, there was a lot of good to be taken from this. The first playoff game with McD, we were lucky to be there. This game, we belonged and it’s a step in the right direction. We need to learn how to win, how to close it out. I trust this group to do that. It’s a ...........process. 

9 minutes ago, Augie said:

That was very bold of you! 

....or stupid, I’ll let you decide.   ?‍♂️

I’m still trying to get up the nerve. I sit here locked up for hours on end with nothing to do, and yet I still haven’t pulled the trigger. Part of me wants to, but the other part......... ?

Seriously, there was a lot of good to be taken from this. The first playoff game with McD, we were lucky to be there. This game, we belonged and it’s a step in the right direction. We need to learn how to win, how to close it out. I trust this group to do that. It’s a ...........process. 

It was a good experience to re-watch until the Watt sack and Watson TD/ 2 point conversion. Not going further. But we have a good team. 

• Like (+1) 1

Lee Smith had 2 blocking assignments on the Josh Allen intentional grounding.   Whose fault was that?

Also...

Spain should have been credited for giving up a sack on that 4th down play.  It was Dawkins’ man and there was a line stunt.  Spain blew it there.

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks

1 minute ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

Geezus, what a bunch of hypochondriacs some people are; it's just a damn game.  They players will re-watch it, learn from it, both good and bad.  Saying you can't stomach to watch it makes you look weak and silly.  What are you going to do, kick your other dog?  SMH

Thanks! I needed that. Hope you are doing well too

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

Geezus, what a bunch of hypochondriacs some people are; it's just a damn game.  They players will re-watch it, learn from it, both good and bad.  Saying you can't stomach to watch it makes you look weak and silly.  What are you going to do, kick your other dog?  SMH

I have re-watched it. I have no problems doing that.

I re-watch it thinking that this WC game is a stepping stone to greatness.

Most teams have to endure a terrible loss to become great. The 2001 Patriots being one of a few exceptions over time, for example, that don't suffer bad playoff losses in the prior season only to become champions the next season.

Again, my hope is that the Bills learned from this playoff loss and it motivates them to greatness.

We shall see.

Edited by njbuff
  • Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Thanks! I needed that. Hope you are doing well too

Doing great.  Re-watched the game several times.  Agree with a lot of your observations.  Some things went extremely well and others not so well.  A lot of missed opportunities and some boneheaded play for sure from a lot of the players (and coaching).  Hopefully, re-watching the game film will reignite their desire to get better and hopefully not let the media hype get in their head.  They need to go out as a team and earn it.   Again, there's a lot of good in that game and bad to learn from.  

Edited by Lieutenant Aldo Raine

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

I turned it on and my 9 year old begged me to turn it off.  He said, "that was the worst day of my life.  Why would you ever want to watch that game again?"

You should have him tested.........he sounds like he maybe a gifted child. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I just poured a drink. Haven’t watched it since 1/4. Not sure I’m ready but it’s 10-0 Bills and Tremaine Edmunds looking like a monster. Might be in for a couple quarters but might turn it off if I can’t do it.

Too painful for me. This year really hurt. The stars were so close to aligning all the way for us.

45 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

source.gif

Whoever is watching this is a masochist.  I’d rather have an ice pick shoved in my temple.  I appreciate the thread for people that like this stuff, but would rather watch the comeback of al time against the Oilers, by “May God be With You, Frank Reich”.  For those old enough who remember that game, then you’d remember after the game in the locker room with the press, he read Bible vs. which was actually pretty cool.  Not that I would do that, but he didn’t care.  He just was unapologetic for his faith.

1 hour ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Lee Smith had 2 blocking assignments on the Josh Allen intentional grounding.   Whose fault was that?

Also...

Spain should have been credited for giving up a sack on that 4th down play.  It was Dawkins’ man and there was a line stunt.  Spain blew it there.

I still think Dion Dawkins was the blame most for the sack on the intentional grounding, Merciless tapped him on the shoulder as he passed by unblocked. 

We talked that play to death here: 

ah yes the ‘common sense game’ featuring the one and only star JJ Watt.

if this game wasn’t fixed, then it was HEAVILY favored for the Texans to win. 

did the Texans even get a penalty this game? ahhh who cares anymore. ***** that racist organization 

I rewatched this a few days ago. Man it hurt. Pure domination for 2.8 quarters of football. Houston doesn’t even score until a minute left in the 3rd. I’ve never seen such domination followed by such a blown lead. Idk, it stings. No other way to describe that game ? 

1 minute ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

ah yes the ‘common sense game’ featuring the one and only star JJ Watt.

if this game wasn’t fixed, then it was HEAVILY favored for the Texans to win. 

did the Texans even get a penalty this game? ahhh who cares anymore. ***** that racist organization 

I forgot how much the announcers stroked off JJ Watt in this game. Even when it’s 16-0 Bills they are ready to hand Watt the MVP. 

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

aand they just took away the ST TD because “common sense” bull####. If that’s the Pats it’s a TD. 

i May not last long 

This play is the biggest pile of horseshit I’ve ever seen in my recent football viewing. The head referee wears the white hat. The head referee who has, at a minimum, 30 years officiating experience. The head referee is right there in the end zone, deliberately doesn’t take the “flip” from the Texas returner. The head referee calls it a TD. How this was overturned is beyond me. One thing is for absolutely sure, it isn’t a touchback. It’s a TD, a safety, or an illegal forward pass penalty (which would have resulted in a safety). The intention of a player should never be taken into account. If we want to take the intentions of the player into account then why have a rule book at all? Of course the players intention is the most advantageous to himself and his team ?‍♂️

Edited by PetermansRedemption
  • Like (+1) 2